1st Grade Word Problems on Subtraction
In 1st grade word problems on subtraction students can practice the questions on word problems based on subtraction. This exercise sheet on subtraction can be practiced by the students to get more ideas to solve the worksheet on word problems on subtraction.
1. Kerry has 9 balloons. She gives 6 balloons to Rebecca. How many balloons will be left with Kerry?
2. There are 7 ducks in a pond. 2 of them move away. How many ducks are left in the pond?
3. Mack bought 9 eggs 3 of them are spoiled. How many good eggs are left with him?
4. Shelly had 9 balls. 6 of them lost. How many balls does Shelly have now?
5. Mary has 8 mangoes. Mary gives 2 mangoes to her brother. How many mangoes are left with Mary?
6. There were 19 fish in the fish tank. Tara took 6 fish and put them in a separate tank. How many fish are left in the tank?
7. The shopkeeper opened one box of 24 crayons. He found 6 crayons were broken. How many crayons were not broken?
8. The postman has 69 letters in his bag. He gives away 31 letters. How many letters are left in his bag?
9. There were 96 new cars ready in a showroom for delivery. 36 customers took the delivery of cars on Saturday. How many cars are left in the showroom?
10. In a toy shop there were 54 teddy bears. The shopkeeper sold 16 teddy bears in a week. How many teddy bears were left with the shopkeeper?
First Grade Math Activities From 1st Grade Word Problems on Subtraction to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math . Use this Google Search to find what you need.
- Preschool Activities
- Kindergarten Math
- 1st Grade Math
- 2nd Grade Math
- 3rd Grade Math
- 4th Grade Math
- 5th Grade Math
- 6th Grade Math
- 7th Grade Math
- 8th Grade Math
- 9th Grade Math
- 10th Grade Math
- 11 & 12 Grade Math
- Concepts of Sets
- Boolean Algebra
- Math Coloring Pages
- Multiplication Table
- Cool Maths Games
- Math Flash Cards
- Online Math Quiz
- Math Puzzles
- Binary System
- Math Dictionary
- Conversion Chart
- Homework Sheets
- Math Problem Ans
- Free Math Answers
- Printable Math Sheet
- Funny Math Answers
- Employment Test
- Math Patterns
- Link Partners
Types of Lines |Straight Lines|Curved Lines|Horizontal Lines| Vertical
Nov 30, 23 01:08 PM
1 to 10 Times Tables | 1 - 10 Times Table Chart |Multiplication Tables
Nov 30, 23 01:26 AM
Half Past an Hour | What does Half Past Mean? | Half an Hour|Half Past
Nov 30, 23 12:41 AM
© and ™ math-only-math.com. All Rights Reserved. 2010 - 2023.
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- Word Problems
Download & Print From only $3.60
1st Grade Math Word Problems Worksheets
Grade 1 word problems.
These grade 1 word problem worksheets relate first grade math concepts to the real world. The word problems cover addition, subtraction, time, money, fractions and lengths.
We encourage students to think about the problems carefully by:
- providing a number of mixed word problem worksheets;
- sometimes including irrelevant data within word problems.
Addition word problems
Single digit addition
Addition with sums 50 or less
3 or more numbers added together
Subtraction word problems
Subtracting single digit numbers
Subtracting numbers under 50
Mixed addition and subtraction word problems
Add / subtract word problems with mostly single digit numbers
Add / subtract word problems with numbers under 50
Time word problems
Time and elapsed time problems (whole hours)
Money word problems
Counting money (coins only)
Measurement word problems
Combining and comparing lengths (inches)
Combining and comparing lengths (cm)
Fraction word problems
Write the fraction from the story (parts of whole, parts of group)
Mixed word problems
Addition, subtraction, money, time, fractions and length word problems mixed
Sample Grade 1 Word Problem Worksheet
More word problem worksheets
Explore all of our math word problem worksheets , from kindergarten through grade 5.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
- Home |
- About |
- Contact Us |
- Privacy |
- Copyright |
- Shop |
- 🔍 Search Site
- Halloween Color By Number
- Halloween Dot to Dot
- Kindergarten Halloween Sheets
- 1st Grade Halloween Sheets
- Puzzles & Challenges for Older Kids
- Kindergarten Thanksgiving
- 1st Grade Thanksgiving
- 2nd Grade Thanksgiving
- Christmas Worksheets
- Easter Color By Number Sheets
- Printable Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Worksheets for kids
- All Generated Sheets
- Place Value Generated Sheets
- Addition Generated Sheets
- Subtraction Generated Sheets
- Multiplication Generated Sheets
- Division Generated Sheets
- Money Generated Sheets
- Negative Numbers Generated Sheets
- Fraction Generated Sheets
- Place Value Zones
- Number Bonds
- Addition & Subtraction
- Times Tables
- Fraction & Percent Zones
- All Calculators
- Fraction Calculators
- Percent calculators
- Area & Volume Calculators
- Age Calculator
- Height Calculator
- Roman Numeral Calculator
- Coloring Pages
- Fun Math Sheets
- Math Puzzles
- Mental Math Sheets
- Online Times Tables
- Online Addition & Subtraction
- Math Grab Packs
- All Math Quizzes
- 1st Grade Quizzes
- 2nd Grade Quizzes
- 3rd Grade Quizzes
- 4th Grade Quizzes
- 5th Grade Quizzes
- 6th Grade Math Quizzes
- Place Value
- Rounding Numbers
- Comparing Numbers
- Number Lines
- Prime Numbers
- Negative Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- Add & Subtract
- Fraction Worksheets
- Learning Fractions
- Fraction Printables
- Percent Worksheets & Help
- All Geometry
- 2d Shapes Worksheets
- 3d Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Properties
- Geometry Cheat Sheets
- Printable Shapes
- Math Conversion
- Statistics Worksheets
- Bar Graph Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams
- All Word Problems
- Finding all possibilities
- Logic Problems
- Ratio Word Problems
- All UK Maths Sheets
- Year 1 Maths Worksheets
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 5 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
- All AU Maths Sheets
- Kindergarten Maths Australia
- Year 1 Maths Australia
- Year 2 Maths Australia
- Year 3 Maths Australia
- Year 4 Maths Australia
- Year 5 Maths Australia
- Meet the Sallies
1st Grade Addition and Subtraction Word Problems up to 20
Welcome to our 1st Grade Addition and Subtraction Word Problems. Here you will find a wide range of mixed addition and subtraction worksheets, which will help your child practice solving a range of addition and subtraction word problems using numbers up to 20.
Quicklinks to ...
- Addition & Subtraction Word Problems up to 10
- Addition & Subtraction Word Problems up to 15
- Addition & Subtraction Word Problems up to 20
- Easier/Harder Addition Worksheets
- More related resources
- Addition & Subtraction Word Problems up to 20 Online Quiz
1st Grade Addition and Subtraction
Word problems up to 20.
Each sheet consists of a set of 5 or 6 mixed addition and subtraction word problems with numbers up to 20.
There is a space on each sheet for working out, using whichever method is preferred.
There are also UK versions of some of the worksheets which use pounds (£) instead of dollars($).
Using these sheets will help your child to:
- recognise addition and subtraction word problems;
- add and subtract with numbers up to 10, 15 or 20.
- recognise the language used for addition and subtraction;
1st Grade Addition and Subtraction Word Problems up to 10
- Addition Subtraction Word Problem to 10 Sheet 1
- PDF version
- Addition Subtraction Word Problem to 10 Sheet 2
- Addition Subtraction Word Problem to 10 Sheet 3
1st Grade Addition and Subtraction Word Problems up to 15
- Addition Subtraction Word Problem to 15 Sheet 1
- Addition Subtraction Word Problem to 15 Sheet 2
- UK Version Sheet 2
- UK PDF version
- Addition Subtraction Word Problem to 15 Sheet 3
First Grade Addition and Subtraction Word Problems up to 20
- Addition Subtraction Word Problem to 20 Sheet 1
- Addition Subtraction Word Problem to 20 Sheet 2
- Addition Subtraction Word Problem to 20 Sheet 3
Looking for some easier worksheets?
Take a look at our Addition sentences to 12.
On this page, your child will learn to work out basic addition sums up to 12 by counting objects.
- Addition Sentences to 12
- Subtraction Facts to 12
- First Grade Addition and Subtraction to 12
Looking for some harder worksheets?
Take a look at our 1st Grade Addition facts Worksheets page with numbers up to 12+12.
On this page, your child will learn to work out basic addition sums to 12+12.
- 2nd Grade Addition and Subtraction Word Problems
- Math Addition Facts to 20
- Subtraction Facts to 20 Worksheets
More Recommended Math Worksheets
Take a look at some more of our worksheets similar to these.
More First Grade Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
Here you will find some more of our 1st Grade Addition Worksheets.
Using these sheets will help your child learn to:
- Addition Fact Practice to 12
- Adding tens
- 2 Digit Addition Worksheets With Regrouping
- Subtracting tens
- Two Digit Subtraction Worksheets Without Regrouping
- 2 Digit Subtraction Worksheets With Regrouping
1st Grade Math Word Problems
Here you will find a range of math word problems aimed at first grade level. Each problem sheet is based on an interesting theme such as parties or the seaside.
Using these first grade math worksheets will help your child to:
- Add and subtract with numbers to 12;
- order numbers to 100;
- solve a range of math problems.
All the math problem sheets in this section support Elementary math benchmarks.
- Math Problems for Children 1st Grade
- 1st Grade Subtraction Word Problems
Longer Math Problems
- First Grade Math Problems
Addition & Subtraction Word Problems to 20 Online Quiz
Our quizzes have been created using Google Forms.
At the end of the quiz, you will get the chance to see your results by clicking 'See Score'.
This will take you to a new webpage where your results will be shown. You can print a copy of your results from this page, either as a pdf or as a paper copy.
For incorrect responses, we have added some helpful learning points to explain which answer was correct and why.
We do not collect any personal data from our quizzes, except in the 'First Name' and 'Group/Class' fields which are both optional and only used for teachers to identify students within their educational setting.
We also collect the results from the quizzes which we use to help us to develop our resources and give us insight into future resources to create.
We would be grateful for any feedback on our quizzes, please let us know using our Contact Us link, or use the Facebook Comments form at the bottom of the page.
This quick quiz tests your knowledge and skill at solving addition and subtraction word problems within 20.
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving? Follow these 3 steps to get your worksheets printed perfectly!
- How to Print support
Return to First Grade Math Worksheets
Return to Place Value Worksheets
Return from 1st Grade Addition and Subtraction to Math Salamanders Home Page
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
TOP OF PAGE
- Puzzles & Challenges
© 2010-2023 Math Salamanders Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Copyright Policy