- Research Paper Guides
- Research Paper Topics
- 300 Social Work Research Topics & Questions for Papers
- Speech Topics
- Basics of Essay Writing
- Essay Topics
- Other Essays
- Main Academic Essays
- Basics of Research Paper Writing
- Chicago/ Turabian
- Data & Statistics
- Admission Writing Tips
- Admission Advice
- Other Guides
- Student Life
- Studying Tips
- Understanding Plagiarism
- Academic Writing Tips
- Basics of Dissertation & Thesis Writing
- Essay Guides
- Formatting Guides
- Basics of Research Process
- Admission Guides
- Dissertation & Thesis Guides
300 Social Work Research Topics & Questions for Papers
Table of contents
Use our free Readability checker
Social work research focuses primarily on studying problems experienced in social work field. The research, in this case, talks about challenges that caseworkers go through in their practice. Social work research topics cover various things, including problems in welfare work, and indicate how research can be used to gain a deep understanding of the issues. Have you been wondering how to develop an intriguing social work topic and possible areas to discuss in your research? Don't worry because this article by our online paper writing service covers all your concerns. The blog post will provide some social work research topic ideas that you can consider for your social work research.
What Are Social Work Research Topics?
Social work research topics are areas of study that involve applying research methodology to comprehend sectors that are challenging for social workers. These topic ideas concentrate on addressing some problems that caseworkers go through both in their lives and their field. Research topics for social work may vary. However, like any other research paper, writing social work research topics deals with application of related theories and concepts, as well as understanding the entire casework aspects. The research involves applying cause and effect, analytic, survey, and experimental procedures to find ways to address welfare challenges. The purpose of welfare work study is to understand the efficiency of various interventions used to address challenges people develop due to welfare deprivation.
Characteristics of Good Social Work Topics
As an individual seeking to conduct research in welfare work areas, you need to know some of the features that make social work topics to be of great value. Below are characteristics that will make topics for social work research incredible.
- A good topic covers modern trends and incorporates the ideas in the social field.
- The topic should break specific stereotypes using reasonable evidence.
- It must also be supported by various studies that are peer-reviewed.
- Topic chosen must be related to practices in the welfare field.
How to Choose a Social Work Topic?
A plan to decide on excellent social work topics to research starts with a general orientation into social work field. Here are some steps involved when choosing a social work research topic.
- Pick a sector with research potential or simply the one you like.
- Start with “why” and “what” questions and expand on them.
- Read data on faculty’s research interests.
- Read a proper research paper that find interesting and focus on literature review and background sections to gain insight into various issues.
- Identify and browse journals that relate to your likes.
- Lastly, you can look online for research topics that are ready and skim through them to gain new knowledge.
Once you pick a topic, don’t hesitate to contact our proficient research paper writers . Our experts are adept in many fields and can complete a research paper on any topic.
Social Work Research Topics List
Social work research topics cover various concepts and challenges related to caseworkers and their fields of practice. Below are comprehensive research topics in social work that are compelling to explore.
- Parenting and how it is affected by drug abuse.
- Hardship and benefits of teenage adoption.
- Dealing with suicidal thoughts.
- Societal view on mental sickness stigma.
- Adverse impact of displacement on street kids.
- Homelessness and associated psychological effects.
- Managing PTSD among veterans.
- Adolescents and associated clinical depression.
- How group therapy helps to better the lives of foster residents.
- Family role in reducing or increasing depression.
- Effectiveness of anti-depressants.
- Impact of death on wellbeing of a family.
- Effects of divorce on lifestyle and health of children.
- Ways to address military troops' suicidal tendencies.
- Causes of suicidal thoughts in society.
- Impact of disability on lives of parents.
- Ways to address stigma associated with disability.
- Children with autism are socially excluded.
- Impacts of bullying on children’s wellbeing.
- Complexities around child labor.
- Debate for and against abortion.
- Maltreatment of children in foster care.
- Change in societal reaction to HIV/AIDS in the 1990s and now.
- Rape and its psychological impact on the victim.
- Ways to reduce human trafficking.
Unique Topics in Social Work
There are scholarly research topics in social work that draw extra attention from readers since they are unique in nature. Such topics often concentrate on issues neglected in society. Below are unique topics for social work research.
- Is wellbeing therapy sustainable?
- Teenage girls’ menstrual experiences in foster homes for the first time.
- Poverty and how it impedes growth in the American Deep South.
- Negative impact of conversion therapy on LGBTQ society.
- Influence of inclusive healthcare system on ensuring good welfare lives of people.
- Interracial marriages and their associated problems.
- Effects of diversity on children with disabilities.
- Effects of physical abuse on spousal intimacy.
- Pornography as a primary contributor of incest in families.
- Increase in violence against children and women.
- Activism role based on culture in Native Americans ’ lives.
- Sexual addiction of women to men.
- Disparity in health services for immigrants.
- Challenges experienced by people diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
- Living with a spouse with memory problem.
- Power issue in divorce mediation.
- Issues related to having many partners.
- Reintegration of those who survive substance abuse into the society.
- Employment initiatives for women.
- Dynamic systems applied to nations in war situations.
- Transracial adoption and identity issue.
- The hidden trauma in young counselors.
- Ensuring access to medical services in villages.
- Lowering the gender pay gap.
- Reducing racism and antisemitism.
Controversial Topics in Social Work
Presently, there are several controversial issues in social work that may give rise to social research topics. Listed below are some controversial social work research topics.
- Societal reaction to euthanasia.
- Myths on adolescents’ substance abuse.
- Societal groups that are most vulnerable to substance abuse.
- Ways to deal with drug abuse in orphanages.
- Ethical issues associated with human trafficking.
- Family support role in reducing recidivism.
- How imprisonment affects mental health.
- Gender difference when dealing with imprisoned individuals.
- Juvenile delinquents and reeducation strategies.
- Whose role is it to develop resilience in social work?
- What are strategies to build resilience among welfare workers?
- Benefits associated with social health education among incarcerated women.
- How unreported cases of abuse propagate violence.
- Does constructivist therapy offer anything new to social work?
- Should caseworkers support hypnosis use?
- Who is responsible for misdiagnosis?
- How does misdiagnosis affect lives of mentally ill individuals?
- Health benefits associated with hypnosis on an individual.
- Should parents be involved in preventing dyslexia?
- Ways to address panic for both adults and adolescents.
- Challenges faced by the LGBTQ community.
- Do traffickers suffer psychological consequences of human trafficking?
- Welfare workers’ roles in civil wars.
- Various strategies to help anti-social students.
- Was confinement sanctioning by the court a good move?
Interesting Social Work Research Questions
Before you start your research, it is essential to develop a social work research question that guides the type of information you will gather. Some of the social work research questions examples that talk about various interesting social work topics are listed below.
- How can the US solve the rise in obesity cases?
- How does taking student loans impact them psychologically?
- How can America curb increasing addiction cases?
- How do we help adults with learning disabilities?
- How can we improve lives of pregnant incarcerated mothers?
- What is America’s racial disparity prevalence?
- How can PTSD patients receive support?
- Does poverty have psychological effects on children?
- What are workplace violence indicators?
- What are strategies to ensure work-family balance?
- What does society believe about divorce and its impact on children?
- Do you think substance abuse can be regulated?
- What are consequences of living with HIV/AIDS?
- Do you feel traumatized living with dyslexia?
- What are causes of bipolar disorder?
- How does society treat those with bipolar disorders?
- Who is more vulnerable to divorce?
- Does the US criminal justice system play its role in reducing juvenile delinquency?
- What are problems minority kids face at their foster homes?
- Does substance misuse lead to alcoholism?
- Role of police brutality in increasing transformative change?
- What is the appropriate strategy to help patients with bipolar?
- How can we avoid re-incarceration?
- What does religion say about LGBTQ community?
- How does ADHD affect children in foster homes?
>> Read more: Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
Hot Topics in Social Work
There are various topics in social work that a researcher can explore to address current hot issues such as COVID-19 pandemic. These topics are important since they help determine current and future solutions to an issue. Here are some social work issues topics that you can consider.
- What are effects of Russian-Ukraine war on society?
- Impact of COVID-19 on welfare workers’ psychological health.
- Issues that arise in households with adopted children.
- Social workers’ attitude towards older people.
- Importance of religion in reducing stereotypes.
- How building emotional intelligence helps caseworkers.
- Demands that residents in a foster facility make.
- Challenges single parents experience.
- Support strategies for single parents.
- Strategies to help sexually exploited children.
- Factors leading to homelessness in the US.
- Forms of abuse elders experience from young people.
- Media role in shaping antisemitism stereotypes.
- Approaches to working with elderly people who are cognitively impaired.
- Parental role in shaping sexual orientation of their children.
- When should a child be removed from a setting?
- Child neglect and its effects on victim’s academic performance.
- Psychological effects of children watching domestic violence.
- Grief and its associated symptoms.
- Methods for assisting kids who have seen domestic violence.
- Ways to encourage domestic violence reporting.
- Technology and addiction treatment.
- Suicide prevention protocol in different localities.
- Risk factors associated with secondary traumatic stress.
- Ways to increase cancer screening rates.
Human Services Research Topics
Human services topics are important since they deal with human existence and ways to make it better. Human service topics focus on how social workers help to satisfy individuals’ and communities’ needs. Generally, social workers’ primary aim is to ensure people live in the most comfortable way possible. Some of the human service research topics are indicated below.
- Adverse impact of unemployment.
- Ways to deal with anxiety and depression among small children.
- Reducing number of incarcerated individuals.
- Impact of juvenile delinquency in the US.
- Relevant ways to breed love in foster care.
- Integration of dyslexic people into society.
- Government intervention to enhance welfare conditions.
- Importance of food banks for the US citizens.
- High school bullying prevalence and impacts.
- Factors leading to family violence.
- Impact of homophobia on LGBTQ+ community.
- Drawbacks of the US correctional system.
- Effects of mental illness misdiagnosis.
- The move to invalidate bullying in high schools.
- Causes of panicking in kids.
- Interventions to reduce unemployment rates in the US.
- Strategies to show concern for individuals from communities with low income.
- Challenges of homophobia in the UAE.
- Social workers in reducing child abuse cases.
- Strategies to enhance resilience among welfare workers.
- The need for psychological therapy among welfare workers.
- Important household policies that can reduce domestic violence.
- Shortcomings of America’s carceral system.
- Interventions for children raised in abusive homes.
- Ways to improve learning experience for disabled children.
Best Social Work Research Topics Ideas
Social work plays a huge role in our daily lives. Therefore, exploring research topics ideas for social work will help us to understand welfare workers’ role in making our lives better. This section discusses various social work topics for research papers. It is categorized into subsections, starting with research paper topics, thesis topics, and dissertation topics. Here, you will also find social work capstone ideas, topics for discussion, essay, and presentation topics. Details for each subsection are provided below.
Social Work Research Paper Topics
As an individual in social work field, you will write several research papers and essays. Social work paper topics you can cover depend on your interests, trends, or any other factor. Some interesting topics related to social work you can consider include the following.
- Social workers' perspectives on elderly.
- Causes of people's unwillingness to take advantage of mental health care services.
- Problems that foster children face that prevent them from completing their college degrees.
- Welfare workers’ role in drug abuse prevention.
- The significance of cultural awareness in casework.
- Facilitation of prenatal and postpartum care for surrogate moms.
- Assessing how PTSD affects psychological wellbeing.
- Adoptive families face unique difficulties and concerns.
- Benefits of play therapy interventions for school counseling.
- Hemodialysis patients' mental health and the methods used to help them.
- Importance of leisure pursuits for Alzheimer's patients.
- Damages of psychological violence.
- Trauma and adolescent transition among LGBTQ+ kids.
- Understanding the neglect-syndrome of foster kids.
- Understanding trauma for caseworkers.
- Foster parenting's advantages.
- Role of foster parents in violence prevention.
- Domestic violence and its impacts.
- Foster homes’ role in creating a safe space.
- How diversity helps in social works sector.
Social Work Thesis Topics
There are several thesis topics in social work to research during your master’s program or PhD, which can vary depending on your interest or occupation. Below are some of the social work literature review topics that you can look into.
- Effectiveness of group therapy for alcoholics.
- Mental health services’ effectiveness for pedophilia survivors.
- Inaccessibility of mental health care for members of underrepresented groups due to language barriers.
- Prepartum depression and connection to expecting mothers.
- Relationship between codependency and emotional unavailability.
- Strategies to handle fatigue among welfare workers.
- Burnout causes among social workers.
- Challenges associated with child birth and labor.
- Depression and the perception of welfare mothers.
- Prevalence of mental health in the US.
- The use of an integrated system in various foster homes within America.
- Nurses’ commitment level and how it is associated with health outcomes.
- Impact of legalizing abortion in some states.
- Comparison between displacement in foster homes and war sites.
- Analyzing displacement and associated challenges.
- How immigrant families benefit from parenthood?
- Issues that visually disabled students face at school.
- Essence of welfare work sector diversity.
- Learning about depression from the welfare mom's viewpoint.
- Ways to improve healthcare system.
Social Work Dissertation Topics
Dissertation is a crucial part of your education life as a social worker. Therefore, dissertation topics in social work have to be properly framed and specific. Here are some of the dissertation topics for social work to consider.
- Coping strategies of men during violence at home.
- Rape and how it affects victim’s psychological development.
- Acceptance rate of addiction by addicts within the US.
- Vulnerable groups and government’s role in improving their lives.
- Justification of gender pay gap in America.
- Addiction to substance abuse and its role in the contemporary world.
- Prevalence of homosexuality in the US.
- Naturalizing human needs as a way to break down taboo and barriers.
- The association between stigma and drug abuse persistence.
- Drug abuse and how music increases its prevalence.
- Rate at which American citizens care for their forefathers.
- Technological role in shaping our sexual preferences.
- Reasons why men and women commit suicide.
- Existing protection policies for children in New York State.
- Investigating US women who have experienced child sexual abuse.
- Assessment of healing strategies for drug abuse survivors.
- The role of parents in supporting their children’s ambitions.
- Volunteering and its impact on self-satisfaction.
- Therapies used to treat effective disorder in an American youth.
- The need for sexual education among young girls with mental health issues.
Social Work Capstone Project Ideas
As a social worker, you should consider some social work project topics for your capstone project . Capstone project social work research topics are highlighted below.
- Impact of domestic violence on marital satisfaction.
- How does government support minority groups?
- Media role in ensuring public safety.
- Causes of child neglect.
- How juvenile crime affects the US.
- How government ensures food security.
- Enhancing public safety in minority communities.
- Problems associated with criminal justice system.
- Social integration of individuals with Down Syndrome.
- Role of school administration in reducing bullying.
- Bullying and victims’ academic performance.
- Trauma experienced by social workers.
- Parenting and its role in children’s sexual orientation.
- What causes panic in schools.
- How child support is essential in divorced couples.
- Child neglect and its causes.
- Damages caused by psychological violence.
- Trauma of adolescent transitioning in LGBTQ+ children.
- Understanding foster kids’ neglect-syndrome.
- Causes of increase in reincarceration among youths in America.
Social Work Topics for Discussion
Highlighted below are some social work discussion topics to consider.
- Root causes of domectic violence.
- Location-specific suicide prevention and crisis protocols.
- How does drug dependence influence parenting?
- Public policies for and against LGBT community.
- Ways of providing support for bipolar patients.
- Prenatal depression in expectant mothers.
- How to cope with imprisonment stigma.
- Ways to improve living standards in foster homes.
- What are the best community service strategies for refugees?
- How can backyard farming be used to empower women?
- Utilizing gender sensitivity to help the LGBT community.
- Cultural importance of generation gap.
- Secondary traumatic stress: symptoms, risk factors & ways of managing.
- How to motivate women to report family violence.
- Various ways in which unemployment influences immigrants.
- How peer service providers confront reproductive health issues.
- The major problems faced by welfare workers.
- Detrimental influence of alcohol and drug on adolescents.
- Effectiveness of the prohibition of liquor.
- Key reasons for heightened crime rates in modern society.
Social Work Essay Topics
Here are some of social work topics for essays that you should consider in your writing.
- Global challenges faced by deported women.
- Street hawking opportunities for teenagers.
- Main factors that lead to incest.
- Positive and negative effects of health care reforms.
- How environmental welfare work is undertaken.
- Care strategies for immigrants.
- Impact of corporate social responsibility on community wellbeing.
- Does welfare scheme affect worker’s performance?
- The impact of sexual violence on adolescent girls.
- How does diversity affect various communities?
- Effect of play therapy interventions in school counseling.
- Influence of poverty on children’s development and education.
- How should welfare workers deal with pedophilia victims?
- How should caseworkers prevent burnout?
- How to establish a high school service-learning program.
- Elder abuse: most prevalent forms.
- The central issues associated with special education.
- Personal perspective on the obstacles faced by vulnerable populations in search medical help.
- What is the greatest risk of fetal alcohol exposure?
- Ways to enhance caseworkers’ mental health.
Social Work Topics for Presentation
Presentation social work topics for research discuss different aspects of the field of social work. The research topics have to be practical for them to be presented well. Below are some good research topics for social work presentation.
- Strategies to ensure equality during job recruitment.
- Autism and its risk factors.
- Causes of depression in kids.
- What are risk factors of PTSD among victims?
- Ways to reduce suicide cases in society.
- Advantages and disadvantages of rehabilitation centers.
- Community initiatives to cater for the elders.
- Effects of misdiagnosis of mental illness.
- Ethics of abortion.
- Importance of early cancer screening.
- Strategies to reduce unemployment rate among minority communities.
- How foster parents can help in countering youth violence.
- Euthanasia and how various religions view it.
- Compare societal preparation to COVID-19 and HIV/AIDS.
- Contemporary ways to substance abuse.
- Eating disorder and its causes.
Research Topics for Social Work Students
College students also apply social work research topics in their study of related subject, which covers various aspects in the field of social work. Here are some of social work research topics for college students.
- Resident’s experience in long-term care facilities.
- Strategies to handle life when both parents suffer from Alzheimer’s.
- Pregnancy experience among immigrants and how they approach it.
- How does death affect the collective wellbeing of the family?
- Enhancing digital literacy among immigrant students.
- How socioeconomic disparity affects the old.
- Social and mental effects of loans on students.
- Social problems that autistic children face.
- Conversion therapy’s negative effects on the LGBTQ+ community.
- Impact of science on cancer treatment.
You will find a lot of topics in different fields on our platform. If you are looking for topics in laws or mental health research paper topics , just go to our library and find what you need.
Bottom Line on Social Work Research Topic Ideas
Feel free to choose a topic of your choice from the social work research topics examples recommended above. Apply appropriate topic categories during the process of choosing topics depending on your needs, knowledge in the field, and the type of paper you are writing. Practice using the provided examples will make you perfect.
In case you need a personalized research topic, or require a complete social work research paper, you can buy research paper online from StudyCrumb. Particularly, our writers will help you choose social work research paper topics, write papers for you, and proofread the work to ensure there are no grammatical errors.
Joe Eckel is an expert on Dissertations writing. He makes sure that each student gets precious insights on composing A-grade academic writing.
You may also like
250+ Excellent Social Work Research Topics and Ideas
Table of Contents
If you are pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work, then to obtain graduation, you will definitely have to submit a dissertation on a good social work research topic. But finding one excellent topic from a wide range of social work research topics would be highly challenging. Therefore, to make your social work research paper topic selection process easier, here, we have shared some effective tips and ideas. Also, we have presented a list of 250+ research ideas on social work. Continue reading this blog and get ideas for writing your social work thesis.
What is Social Work Research?
Before you choose your social work research topics, you should understand the meaning of social work research.
Social work research is an organized examination of issues limited to the field of social work. Alternately, it can be explained as the use of research techniques for resolving issues faced by social workers in their work. Social work research is finally focused on pragmatic application, thus helping to learn about the different intervention techniques. Also, these intervention methods are aimed at mitigating the problems of social deprivation. This highlights the significance depicted by the study area and the research connected to it.
Where to Find Outstanding Social Work Research Topics?
There are numerous places where you can look for social work research topics for university students. Scroll down to have a basic idea of such fruitful locations.
- Discuss with your professor as they could be the best person to guide you on the under-researched area of the discipline.
- A professor can be the best source who would also advise you on the most highly utilized area of research.
- Consider examining past research work to obtain a list of excellent social work research topics.
- Look for the author’s suggestions at the end of the research paper, so that you know about your future research scope.
- With these suggestions, a new researcher can find an outstanding platform for identifying appealing social work research topics.
- Many social work research topics can be easily available online, so you would not have a tough time looking for them.
Social Work Research Paper Topic Selection Tips
Many students find it difficult to understand which social work research topics hold a greater value than others.
To select a high-quality and more productive topic, you should follow the indications given below:
- Select a topic supported by one or multiple published works of researchers from the US or abroad. Also, the citations should be concrete, mostly published in respected peer-reviewed journals.
- Social work research topics should be associated with practice because even a theoretical approach can’t compete with practical knowledge. However, an exception is there for the student’s group as theoretical concepts are acceptable in their case.
- The topic you select should be breaking a specific stereotype because people have a preconceived notion that needs to be broken.
- A topic can be significant if it brings concrete evidence, practical arguments, and real benefits for the readers.
In short, the social work research topics should be such that they can revolutionize the field of social work research. Also, the topics should be in alignment with the latest trends of society, but not all trends. Few relevant trends should be focused on only because most of the trends are overhyped. If you choose a topic that has emerged recently then it would create a positive impact on your career.
Thus, it would be recommended to identify trends that hold future significance, or else they would be worthless.
Steps To Identify a Good Social Work Research Topic
Firstly, you should identify your resources, and evaluate and analyze them for obtaining clarity on your subject. Also, you should be cautious about your data sources, because a far-fetched source can ruin the quality of your paper.
Some sources which you might like
- Google Scholars
- Official reports
- State publications
- Scientific journals
- Online database and encyclopedia.
Secondly, recognize your keywords carefully to find appropriate information online concerning your social work research topics. Moreover, in this way, you can understand if your problem is important to the community or not. Furthermore, you will have an opportunity to explore the findings of famous scholars and evaluate their solutions to your problem.
If you experience any difficulty in research paper topic selection, connect with our team of experts to enjoy the timely delivery of high-quality social work research assignments.
Our paper help experts would be providing you with the best service to choose an original and concrete research topic. Also, you can confirm your topic, before the experts begin to work on the topic for your research paper.
Social Work Research Paper Writing
Once you find a good topic, collect more details about your subject before you begin writing your social work research paper. In this way, you can obtain a better understanding of the subject and deliver a flawless research paper so that you can get good marks. Also, with data collection you can establish a foundation of your research paper, making it the most vital phase. Here are some points that you should remember while writing your social work thesis.
- Concentrate on understanding your subject because this would be the backbone of your work.
- Identify the area of issues as you would have to take appropriate steps to resolve the same.
- You should choose an important and interesting topic for your paper to drive the interest of your professor.
- Your thesis statement should be convincing because it will keep the readers hooked to the end.
- The chosen problem should be discussed with your educator as you might need to collect primary data from your classmates.
List of Social Work Research Topics and Ideas
For your convenience, here we have shared a list of interesting social work research paper topics. Go through them all and choose a topic that matches your interest.
Simple Social Work Research Topics
- The significance of group therapy at foster homes.
- Absence of child support and its impact on child care in America.
- The social displacement of Autistic children.
- Effect of clinical depression on adolescent children.
- The influence of continuous mobility in the lives of orphan toddlers.
- Analyzing the feeling of depression and the stigma about it.
- Managing the intrinsic PTSD in the lives of medical veterans.
- What are disability and the stigma enveloping it?
- Does homelessness create an influence on the psychology of people?
- Frequent incidents of displacement and its aggressive effect on street children.
- Is there a need for society to question the mental sickness stigma?
- Inclination towards taking one’s life- Method to deal with the issue.
- Adopting a teenager- Hardships and happiness connected to it.
- Influence of substance abuse on parenting.
- Discuss the importance of spreading awareness regarding the need to stop domestic violence
Basic Social Work Research Paper Topics
- Strategies to encourage women to report domestic violence cases
- Empowering LGBTQI2+ individuals with coping strategies to deal with marginalization and discrimination
- Describe the measures to counteract condemning stigma and stereotypes with regard to depression
- Strategies to safeguard children from Abuse and Maltreatment
- Identify the practices considered neglecting children in child welfare
- Discuss the necessary legal requirements for social workers
- Analyze the NASW Practice Standards and Guidelines for social workers
- Why do social workers need to focus and act accordingly to the United Nations’ prescribed 17 SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals)?
- Discuss some effective strategies for social workers to ensure the health and basic education of every child
- How does mental illness influence the parenting and lives of children?
- Unveiled rape cases of women in the military and its influence on their life as well as work.
- Analyzing the myths connected with welfare mothers.
- How can alcohol influence the psychology of a person?
- Down syndrome- Social exclusion among children.
- Can the sponsors create a favorable impact on the recovery of a person with alcohol use disorder?
Social Work Research Topics for Beginners
- Impact of alcoholism on society, personal lifestyle, and the family of the person.
- Generating awareness for Dyslexic patients.
- Significance of family support as a possible way of alcohol recovery.
- ADHD in foster homes and its influence on children.
- Effect of disability on the life of middle-aged parents.
- Is there a connection between divorce and the health and lifestyle of children?
- Analyzing the trauma of parent-child separation.
- Discuss the concept of substance abuse among teenagers.
- Identify the similarities and distinctions between ADHD and Dyslexia.
- A comprehensive study of anti-depressants and their present efficiencies.
- Is it important to integrate children socially and academically in the case of Down syndrome?
- How can death affect the integrated wellness of a family?
- The role of a family in exacerbating the occurrence of depression.
- Influence of early childhood displacement on the anti-social lifestyle of foster children.
- Wrongly diagnosed mental illness and its adverse impact on a person.
Best Social Work Research Questions
- Does trauma-oriented learning reflect parenting?
- How can you identify trauma in the workplace?
- What are the indications of workplace violence?
- Who is at the higher risk of parent-child separation?
- Is there any specific to identify the early signs of depression among teenagers?
- Will scarcity and poverty influence the psychology of children?
- Why does society believe that divorce influences the psychology of children adversely?
- Should food and housing insecurity make a long-term impact on the life of foster children?
- Do you think that addiction can be regulated?
- America’s carceral system- How to approach it?
- Analyzing people with mental disorders.
- The impact of community violence on the lives of the LGBT along with the community.
- Misuse of substances gives rise to alcoholism- Critically analyze the statement.
- The percentage of incarcerated adults from the minority group.
- Best ways to offer support to cancer patients.
High-quality Social Work Research Topics
- Consequences of incarcerated people reentering their community.
- Rise in obesity in America- Ways to deal with it.
- Can police brutality promote transformative change?
- Challenges faced by minority children at their foster homes.
- Pregnant incarcerated mother- Emotional, psychological, and physical effects.
- Discuss the psychological and social impact of student loans.
- How could support be offered to adults with a disability?
- Impact of home violence on children.
- Steps were taken by the government to enhance welfare conditions.
- Consequences of high school bullying.
- Dyslexic people and Down syndrome- Social integration.
- Benefits of the food banks for Americans.
- Right ways to breed love in foster care.
- The influence of America’s carceral structure on the minority and low-income group homes.
- What are the drawbacks of the carceral system of America?
Awesome Human Service Social Work Research Topics
- Effects of juvenile crime in America.
- Homophobia- LGBTQ + adults
- Bridging the inequality of incarcerating people of the past.
- Child trafficking – Psychological impact.
- Dealing with depression, panic, and anxiety among small children.
- The psychological effect on the victims of human trafficking.
- Unemployment and its adverse impact.
- Should the incarceration system be abolished or reformed?
- What is the cause of depression among the youth?
- Has the police system been abolished, reformed, or defunded?
- Discuss the downfall of America’s correctional system.
- How can the support system for LGBTQ+ kids be improved?
- Influence of home insecurity on homelessness.
- America’s food bank system and racial disparity.
- Consequences of living with parents suffering from Alzheimer’s.
Unique Social Work Research Paper Topics
- Exploring the client-therapist relationship- Psychiatric therapist.
- Impact of physical and verbal abuse in the lives of children.
- Spousal intimacy and physical abuse.
- Social workers face issues while dealing with social problems- Critically analyze the statement.
- Psychological issues among women due to the ban imposed on abortion.
- The adverse impact of birth control regulations.
- Importance of cultural beliefs and gender roles in marriages.
- A comprehensive analysis of teenagers’ first-time menstruation experience at their foster homes.
- How can a low-paid employee cultivate workplace abuse?
- Influence of teenage pregnancy on teenage mothers.
- Impact of increasing housing cost on the lives of the young millennial of America.
- Benefits of wellness therapy.
- Effect of social inclusion on disabled children.
- Intrinsic issues of interracial marriages.
- Exploring the learning challenges faced by disabled children.
Captivating Social Work Research Ideas
- Case study analysis- Inclusive and functional healthcare system improves social development.
- Disabled people need a more adaptable social structure.
- Rehabilitation centers or carceral system- What is more needed in America?
- Studying the poverty prevalent in American Deep South and how it hinders growth.
- The rising effect and pressure of social media on teenagers.
- Children raised in abusive homes- Critically analyze the statement.
- How can psychological and emotional abuse promote low self-esteem?
- Analyzing the social functioning in adults with autism.
- Discuss the stress response in children with autism.
- Economic difficulties and complex grief.
- Housing abandonment and societal opinion- Evaluate.
- Secondary traumatic stress and the risk factors associated with it.
- Drug rehabilitation program- Pros and Cons.
- Discuss the suicide prevention protocols in your locality.
- Adoption of recruitment campaigns and their effectiveness.
Disputable Social Work Research Topics
- How to enhance cancer screening rates in the lower socio-economic class.
- Role of technology in addiction treatment.
- Drug vulnerability- The right way to assist the substance abuse disorder.
- Increasing cases of drug abuse in low-earning neighborhoods.
- Immigrant home of America- Social impact of living.
- Health benefits of hypnosis on individuals.
- Why is it important to develop therapies for less-represented groups?
- ADHD and the stigmas connected with it.
- The veiled trauma of flood and hurricane survivors.
- Hidden cases of home abuse that cause violence.
- The constant cycle of therapy- Importance of therapy for the therapists.
- Learning about sexual education of incarcerated women.
- Peace and child safety- Qualitative analysis of foster homes.
- Generating awareness of the stigma connected with AIDS.
- Impact of hurricanes on the low-earning neighborhood.
Controversial Social Work Research Ideas
- Is violence a social issue in the correctional system?
- Influence of trafficking on the social well-being of society.
- Analyzing the benefits of empathy to allow the enhancement of the social work industry.
- Effects of food insecurity, child poverty, and home insecurity on the academic potentials of children.
- Managing a safe space for minority groups and the influence of the community on their mental well-being.
- Sanction of confinement enables mental illness and does not allow correction.
- How did the abortion ban affect the rape survivors- Health, social and psychological impact?
- Negotiating the problems of visually challenged learners in academics.
- Exploring the significance of parenthood in immigrant families.
- Analyzing displacement and the burden it imposes.
- Compare the displacement of children in war sites and foster homes.
- Is the illegality of abortion increases the rate of teenage pregnancy?
- Child labor and its complexities.
- Views of welfare mothers on depression.
- Unifying compassion in social workers.
Top Social Work Research Topics
- Developing an integrated system for foster kids.
- The disability inconsistency in the social work division.
- Expecting mothers and prepartum depression.
- Attachment styles in foster homes.
- Dealing with fatigue among social workers and counselors.
- Can emotional unavailability at home increase the chances of codependency?
- Significance of social work in schools.
- Relevance of therapies among teenagers.
- Studying the abuse in middle-class homes.
- The all-around influence of compassionate fatigue.
- Importance of inclusiveness in social work.
- Determining drug sensitivity at high school.
- What are the drawbacks of psychological aggressiveness?
- Analyze the role of foster homes in making a safe place.
- Drawbacks of conventional social works.
Miscellaneous Social Work Topics for Presentation
- Adult incarceration and juvenile misbehavior.
- Impact of Stockholm syndrome.
- What do you understand about sexually violated children?
- Explain the impact of domestic violence.
- Can you explain the trauma of a social worker?
- The trauma of LBGTQ + children- Transitioning to adulthood.
- Significance of diversity in the social work sector.
- Advantages of foster parenting.
- How can foster parenting prevent violence?
- Analyze the neglect syndrome of foster children.
- Is free healthcare facilities important for foster children and children in low-income neighborhood?
- Analyze the depression of stereotypes.
- Role of same-sex relations among social workers.
- What is victim syndrome? Provide tips to understand it better.
- Effects of incest in homes.
Qualitative and Quantitative Social Work Research Topics
- Significance of social workers- End-of-life decisions.
- Tutoring is an important element of social work training- Critical analysis.
- Practical benefits of enhancements in the service users- Understanding to retain.
- Current challenges in the inter-professional life of social workers.
- Use of drugs and alcohol among the young generation.
- Social work measures- Protecting the susceptible adults.
- Exploring the health problems of the surviving victims of child sexual abuse.
- Security problems in personal social workers- A newspaper note is not sufficient.
- Do the children experiencing domestic violence in the family will sustain the same?
- Requirements and contribution of social work to efficient measures- The adults who survived child sexual abuse.
- Government coalition policies for social workers- Critical review.
- Learning theory of social work- A law of reflection.
- What does a student experience while shifting from their job to social work?
- Life-long learning theory- Evidence-based measure.
- Exploring the attitudes and perception of evident oppression- Healthcare practitioners and the community.
Innovative Social Work Research Paper Topics
- How can adopted children decide their biological parents- Quantitative study?
- Dealing with intrinsic cultural approaches- A shift to social work.
- Influence of multiple agencies on protection of children- A literature review.
- Effect of domestic violence on children- Outcomes for the social workers.
- Childcare in California- Educational achievement.
- Why do mental health practitioners not accept disproportionate admission and retain young men in the psychiatric department?
- Emotional and psychological development among minors.
- Can drug addiction cause problems in the family relationship?
- Smoking causes a feeling of acceptance in people with depression- Critical analysis.
- Social work and community faith- Promoting marginalized groups.
- Impact of social work interventions on the living standards of the older people population.
- Games of chance and socio-economic needs of children.
- How to deal with a husband having memory problems?
- Evaluating the experience of women in the community after abandoning their shelter.
- Analyzing the case study of single mothers and social policy- Wellbeing replacement.
Social Work Research Topics for Literature Review
- Relationship of therapists and clients with a therapeutic structure narrative summary.
- Can the construction of housing be regarded as a social issue?
- Qualitative analysis of the program- Supervision of access.
- Evaluating the shift from a high school to a university-
- Exploring a person’s variable, setting, and transition.
- Power in divorce mediation- Realistic investigation into the problem.
- Frameworks of church-agency relationship- Social service agency.
- Examining the reasons for poverty and unemployment- Causal framework of literature research.
- Components of an unfinished puzzle- Rehabilitation of deaf adults.
- Developing a negative image in society.
- The sudden death of children- Professional intervention with parents.
- Analyzing the experience of AIDs caregivers- Sun always comes out after the rain.
- How can women’s employment initiatives help to mitigate poverty?
- What is the connection between school and the school girl’s self-esteem?
- Disorder in pain and development- Exploring the influence of life events.
Engaging Social Work Research Ideas
- Long-term marriages and satisfactory conditions- Influence of culture and gender.
- Opinions of the doctors in dealing with the cost of care.
- Sexual Health Education- Requirements of immigrant women.
- Ways to protect children in custody.
- Support strategies for mitigating child poverty in the UK.
- Dynamic situation theory and its application in the countries at war.
- Integration between organizations that helps poor people in socially or economically deprived countries.
- Development of identity- TRA (Transracial Adoption).
- The unrevealed trauma in young counselors and children.
- Children protection- Experience of new social workers.
- Surviving Women of Child Sexual Abuse.
- Exploring the difficulties in the healing process- Customer satisfaction.
- Influence of supporting housing on young men- Service providers and youth approach.
- Young volunteers offering indirect services- Understanding its impact.
- Youth with the effective disorder- Analyzing the group therapy.
Impactful Social Work Research Paper Topics
- Immigrant families in the UK- Adolescents development.
- Gender identity responsibilities of young Italians susceptible to social risks.
- Analyzing the youth hostels and the issues of the young people.
- Management, engagement, and gender status of the social work graduates.
- Innovative task adjustment system- social, psychological, and labor consequences.
- US military veterans- PTSD onset.
- Influence of addiction on personal and family life.
- How can social workers be resilient?
- Effective reeducation strategies for juvenile crimes.
- Dealing with the stigma of serving a prison.
- Core requirements of developing resilience for dealing with negative live events among children.
- Is it justified to remove a child from an environment?
- What is the technique to communicate with a depressed person?
- The right way to communicate with a family who has lost their loved ones.
- When can grief become dangerous? Evaluate cases.
Outstanding Social Work Research Ideas
- Characteristics of social work in healthcare support services.
- Tips to identify indications of sadness.
- Can the mission of the social worker be obstructed?
- Domestic Violence: How Do Men Cope With Abuse?
- The Impact of Rape on Human Development
- How Society Handles Its Most Vulnerable Citizens
- Breaking Down Barriers and Taboo Subjects: The Naturalization of Human Needs
- Demystifying Drug Abuse: How Stigma Contributes to Its Persistence
- Why is it so difficult for people to accept their substance abuse disorder?
- Is Modern Music a Precursor to Drug Abuse?
- Are We Caring for Our Forefathers in the United States?
- The Gay of Today: Homosexuality and Its Influence on Modern Culture
- How Real Is the Gender Pay Gap in the United States Today?
- Sexual Preferences vs. Political Correctness: How the Modern World Is Altering Our Most Fundamental Instincts
- Why Do People Suicide?
- Analyze the impact of an economically and culturally rich society on the development of a child’s psychological health
- Discuss the most common ethical dilemmas of social workers in Australia while working in aged care facilities
- Importance of social workers in empowering communities
- Analyze the principles of social work and their importance
- Why ethical decision-making is important for every social worker?
The Bottom Line
Out of the list of the 250+ social work research paper topics and ideas suggested in this blog, choose any topic that is convincing to you and your readers. It is your topic that plays a vital role in boosting your grades. So, be careful with your topic selection. In case, you need help with social work research paper topic selection and writing, contact us. We have subject experts in our team to offer high-quality social work assignment help online at an affordable price. For the requirements you submit to us, our scholarly writers will prepare and deliver plagiarism-free social work research papers ahead of the deadline and will assist you in achieving top grades.
What are the Negative Aspects of Online Education?
Learn How to Write a 300-Word Essay
Why it’s Important to Check User Reviews Before Seeking Assignment Help?
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
Top 155 Java Project Ideas for Beginners and Experts
Get to know how to write a reflective essay, what are the different types of essay format, apa vs. mla: know the major differences between the citation styles, top 155 bioethics topics to consider for writing a research paper, 101 interesting genetic engineering research topics you can choose from, know how to write email to teacher for submit assignment, 120 best conclusion starters for final paragraphs, 75+ influential essay words you should know, top 150 macroeconomics research topics, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
Purdue Online Writing Lab Purdue OWL® College of Liberal Arts
Social Work Literature Review Guidelines
Welcome to the Purdue OWL
This page is brought to you by the OWL at Purdue University. When printing this page, you must include the entire legal notice.
Copyright ©1995-2018 by The Writing Lab & The OWL at Purdue and Purdue University. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions of fair use.
This handout provides an overview of how to write literature reviews in the field of social work. It provides a list of suggestions and examples.
Literature reviews are designed to do two things: 1) give your readers an overview of sources you have explored while researching a particular topic or idea and 2) demonstrate how your research fits into the larger field of study, in this case, social work.
Unlike annotated bibliographies which are lists of references arranged alphabetically that include the bibliographic citation and a paragraph summary and critique for each source, literature reviews can be incorporated into a research paper or manuscript. You may quote or paraphrase from the sources, and all references to sources should include in-text parenthetical citations with a reference list at the end of the document. Sometimes, however, an instructor may require a separate literature review document and will have specific instructions for completing the assignment.
Below you will find general guidelines to consider when developing a literature review in the field of social work. Because social work is a social science field, you will most likely be required to use APA style. Please see our APA materials for information on creating parenthetical citations and reference lists.
1. Choose a variety of articles that relate to your subject, even if they do not directly answer your research question. You may find articles that loosely relate to the topic, rather than articles that you find using an exact keyword search. At first, you may need to cast a wide net when searching for sources.
For example: If your research question focuses on how people with chronic illnesses are treated in the workplace, you may be able to find some articles that address this specific question. You may also find literature regarding public perception of people with chronic illnesses or analyses of current laws affecting workplace discrimination.
2. Select the most relevant information from the articles as it pertains to your subject and your purpose. Remember, the purpose of the literature review is to demonstrate how your research question fits into a larger field of study.
3. Critically examine the articles. Look at methodology, statistics, results, theoretical framework, the author's purpose, etc. Include controversies when they appear in the articles.
For example: You should look for the strengths and weaknesses of how the author conducted the study. You can also decide whether or not the study is generalizable to other settings or whether the findings relate only to the specific setting of the study. Ask yourself why the author conducted the study and what he/she hoped to gain from the study. Look for inconsistencies in the results, as well.
4. Organize your information in the way that makes most sense. Some literature reviews may begin with a definition or general overview of the topic. Others may focus on another aspect of your topic. Look for themes in the literature or organize by types of study.
For example: Group case studies together, especially if all the case studies have related findings, research questions, or other similarities.
5. Make sure the information relates to your research question/thesis. You may need to explicitly show how the literature relates to the research question; don't assume that the connection is obvious.
6. Check to see that you have done more than simply summarize your sources. Your literature review should include a critical assessment of those sources. For more information, read the Experimental Psychology - Writing a Literature Review handout for questions to think about when reading sources.
7. Be sure to develop questions for further research. Again, you are not simply regurgitating information, but you are assessing and leading your reader to questions of your own, questions and ideas that haven't been explored yet or haven't been addressed in detail by the literature in the field.
- How It Works
206 Interesting Social Work Research Topics You Should Consider
Many students struggle to find suitable social work research topics. This field has many subjects that learners can explore in their dissertations. The simplest social work definition describes it as a set of functions that enable you to improve other people’s lives. A social worker helps children and adults cope with daily issues, personal issues, family issues, and relationship troubles.
Considering the scope of this field, selecting an ideal social work research topic can be challenging. Learners have many pressing issues that they can cover in their papers. Nevertheless, choosing an interesting topic is essential in writing a winning dissertation.
Social Work Research Paper Outline
Once you’ve chosen a topic for your social work dissertation or research paper, the next step is to outline it. Your outline should highlight the components of your work, incorporating the argument. Also, identify your stance on an issue, tying up the other parts of the paper because it will enable you to create a thesis statement. Here are the key sections to highlight in your outline.
Introduction: The intro should present your study’s background while providing relevant details of the problem. Use a strong opening phrase to grab your readers’ attention and engage them so they can read the rest of the paper. The introduction should present your study’s context, formulate its primary goal, and end with an effective thesis statement. Main body: This section should feature the main arguments. It highly depends on your research type and the methods you use. It may include a literature review analyzing other scholars’ findings and identifying gaps in previous studies. Also, this section explains the methods you use in your research, results, and discussions. Conclusion: The conclusion should summarize the findings and wrap up the dissertation. You can restate your thesis statement to remind readers about your position on the issue and your goal. The best approach is to reward the thesis statement persuasively while encouraging readers to think about the problem. Also, you can recommend further research explaining why the topic is worth exploring.
After drafting an outline, you can proceed to research and write your social work paper. Edit and proofread the work or seek professional assistance to ensure its quality.
General Social Work Research Topics Ideas
Maybe you want to write a thesis on general topics in this study field. In that case, here are ideas you can explore in your paper.
- How substance abuse influence parenting
- Teenager adoption- Happiness and hardships that come with it
- How to address the inclination to commit suicide
- Should society question the stigma surrounding mental sickness?
- Foster homes and group therapy- Is it effective?
- How does the lack of child support affect childcare
- Investigating autistic children and social displacement
- How does clinical depression affect adolescent children
- How does continuous mobility influence orphan toddlers
- Analyzing the stigma surrounding depression
- How to manage intrinsic PTSD for medical veterans
- Exploring the stigma surrounding disability
- How homelessness influences a person’s psychology
- How does displacement influence aggressiveness among street children
- How the works of several agencies affect child protection
- Exploring perceptions and attitudes of oppression between the community and health professionals
- Addressing cultural perspectives- Transiting to social work
- The social worker’s role in deciding to end life
- Lifelong learning model- Exploring evidence-based practices
- The reflection law- a learning model or self-indulgence in social work
These are general ideas worth exploring in your social work dissertation. Nevertheless, please select any of these titles when confident you will be comfortable working on them.
Common Social Worker Research Topics
Maybe you’re searching for something your readers can quickly identify with when reading your paper. If so, this section lists some of the best ideas to investigate in your social work thesis.
- How to create dyslexia patients’ awareness
- Analyzing similarities and differences between ADHD and dyslexia
- How alcoholism affects personal, family, and social lifestyle
- How a family can exacerbate depression
- Why academic and social integration matter for kids suffering from down syndrome
- Investigating the social exclusion of kids with down syndrome
- The effectiveness of anti-depressants- A clinical study
- How alcoholism affects a person’s psyche
- The positive impact of sponsors on recovering addicts’ lives
- Investigating family support and its effects on alcohol recovery
- Why group therapy matters for foster home children
- How clinical depression affects teenage girls
- How the lack of support affects child care in America
- How ADHD affects foster home children
- How mental illness misdiagnosis affects people
- How to address suicidal tendencies in military units
- Why social interrogation matters when dealing with stigma surrounding mental illness
- How parents’ bipolar affects their children’s lives and parenting
- Is childhood displacement the cause of antisocial lifestyle among foster children?
- The joys and struggles of teenagers’ adoption
- Investigating the undisclosed rape violence cases among military women- How it affects their service and lives
- How substance abuse affects parenting
- Child-parent separation- Investigating the stigma it brings
- Positive impacts of divorce on children’s lifestyle and health
- Addressing substance abuse issues among teenagers
- How death affects a family’s well-being
- Family support study- Is it a viable option for alcohol recovery?
Most people will identify with these topics because they touch on issues with which they are familiar. However, investigate the matter you select carefully to develop a winning dissertation.
Exciting Social Work Research Questions
Maybe you want to answer a question in your thesis paper. If so, consider any of these questions as a topic for your essay.
- How can you support an adult living with a disability?
- What are the social and psychological impacts of student loans?
- What are the psychological, physical, and emotional effects of incarceration of pregnant mothers?
- What challenges do minority children face in foster homes?
- Transformative change- Can police brutality enhance it?
- How can society deal with the rising obesity in America?
- How can we support bipolar patients?
- What are the effects of incarcerated individuals’ entry into the community?
- What is the percentage of incarcerated adults among minority groups?
- Does substance misuse increase alcoholism cases?
- How does community violence affect LGBT lives?
- What is the difference between Bipolar 1 and Bipolar 2?
- Can trauma inform children’s education in foster homes?
- Can protesting police brutality promote transformative change?
- Does divorce affect all children’s psyches negatively?
- Does foster homes’ trauma cause kids’ disappearance from the facility?
- Can implementing learning curriculums with a positive impact on dyslexic students enhance academics?
- Does trauma-informed learning reflect parenting?
- Do food and house security affect foster children throughout their lives?
- Has the criminal justice system failed social lifestyle in America?
- What are the primary workplace trauma signs?
- How can society address workplace violence?
- How do scarcity and poverty affect young children’s psychology?
- How can you identify depression in a teenager?
- Has the American healthcare system failed minority groups?
- What are the risks of kids-parent separation?
- What are the impacts of living with dyslexia?
- Is depression a mental disorder?
- What are the effects of racial disparity?
Any of these questions can be an excellent title for your dissertation. Nevertheless, consult various information sources to write a high-quality paper.
Human Services Research Paper Topics
Human services is a part of the social work field dealing with issues related to human services, factors affecting them, and how to address the challenges. Here are ideas to consider in this category.
- How to address panic, anxiety, and depression in young children
- The psychological impact of human trafficking on victims
- Psychological effects of child trafficking
- Similarities between adult incarceration and juvenile delinquency
- How unemployment affects people
- Factors that increase depression cases among the youth
- Police system- Defunded, reformed, or abolished?
- How the carceral system in America affects minority and low-income homes
- Social integration of dyslexic and down syndrome patients
- Effective ways to enhance welfare conditions
- Food banks and their adverse psychological effects
- The benefits of food banks on American lives
- The impact of home violence on children
- The result of high school bullying
- Why welfare workers need support groups and therapy
- How to enhance love in foster homes
- Resilience practice among social workers
- Juvenile delinquency impacts in America
- The shortcomings of America’s carceral system
- How to address the homophobia issue in the U.S
- How homophobia affects LGBT+ adults
- What causes family violence?
- How to address spousal violence
- How family cruelty affects lives
- Undiagnosed bipolar cases and their effects
- Impacts of misdiagnosed mental illnesses
- How to enhance LGBTQ+ kids’ support systems
- The result of home insecurity on the homeless
- How to bridge the gap between community members and formerly incarcerated individuals
- Incarceration- Abolished or reformed?
These human services topics are worth investigating in a research paper. However, take the time to research your chosen title to write an exciting piece.
Controversial Topics In Social Work
Some social work essay topics are controversial. Some people find these titles controversial because they provoke public interest. Here are some of them.
- Flood and hurricane survivors and their hidden trauma
- How hurricanes affect low-income neighborhoods
- Trafficking- How it affects a society’s social well-being
- Unreported abuse cases in homes and how they promote violence
- Social, health, and psychological implications of the abortion ban for rape victims
- Why the community should enhance awareness of AIDS stigmatization
- Therapy continuous cycle- Why a therapist requires therapy
- The unnoticed and hidden trauma among therapists and counselors
- How court-sanctioned confinement promotes mental illness instead of facilitating correlation
- How to address violence- Is it a social problem in the correctional system?
- Sexual health education- Is it vital for incarcerated women?
- How social media affects a person’s mental health and well-being
- The effectiveness of different types of therapy for treating mental health disorders.
- The prevalence of Eating Disorders in developed countries.
- The role of family dynamics in the development and treatment of Eating Disorders.
- How do different cultures view mental health and mental illness?
- Is there a link between creativity and mental illness?
- Does psychiatric medication use lead to higher recovery rates from mental illness?
- What are the most effective interventions for helping people with substance abuse problems?
- How to deal with grief and loss?
- How can we better support people with chronic physical health conditions?
- Drug abuse- Is it increasing in low-income neighborhoods?
- The negative impacts of incarceration on the imprisoned people’s psychological well-being
- Reasons to investigate confinement and its dangers
- Ways to help addicts facing high drug vulnerability
- How cognitive-behavioral therapy enhances the relationship between social workers and their situations or environments
- The health benefits of hypnosis on individuals
- Why treatment is essential for less represented groups
- Distinguishing undiagnosed depression and clinical depression
- A qualitative investigation of dyslexia among adolescents
- How empathy can enhance the social work sector
- Why qualitative examination of foster homes for peace and child safety matters
These are controversial topics to consider in this academic field. Prepare to take a stance and defend it if you pick any of these social work project ideas.
Social Work Topics For Presentation
Maybe you want to include a presentation in your paper. That’s because social work is a practical field requiring some displays. Consider the following titles for your essay if you want to include a presentation.
- What are Stockholm syndrome and its effects?
- How to understand syndrome victims better
- How incest affects homes
- Investigating sexually violated kids
- Why free healthcare matters in foster homes and low-income neighborhoods
- How adult incarceration and juvenile delinquency affect society
- Juvenile delinquency and trauma
- LGBTQ+ children trauma and adolescent transitioning
- Foster kids and neglect-syndrome
- Why diversity matters in the social work sector
- Social workers- Understanding their trauma
- Foster parenting- What are the positive impacts?
- Do foster homes create a safe space?
- Foster parents and their roles in preventing violence
- Social workers and their role in preventing drug abuse
- The effects of domestic violence
- Psychological violence and its damages
- How spirituality affects techniques in social works
- Social works and their historical development
- Social work and its importance in schools
- Why teenagers’ therapy matters
- Exploring the challenges facing social workers in the forensics sector
- Investigating the struggles facing the minority groups
- Studying abuse and violence in middle-class homes
- Why finance matters in social works sustenance
- The impact of compassion fatigue
- Modern social workers and their challenges
- Drug abuse and its effects on children
- Why inclusivity matters in social works
- Same-sex relationships- Why they matter to a social worker
- Why high schools need drug sensitization
- Investigating depression stereotypes
Pick any of these ideas and use them to draft a paper that includes a presentation. Nevertheless, research your topic extensively to prepare a winning dissertation.
Interesting Social Work Topics
Some issues in social work draw more attention than others because they are unique. Here are such topics.
- The impacts of pregnancy on teenage mothers
- The increasing pressure and effects of social media on teenagers’ lives
- How welfare systems relate to low-income neighborhoods
- Why are rehabilitation centers are essential in America than carceral systems
- How cultural beliefs and gender roles affect marriages
- Low labor and its role in workplace abuse
- How the increasing housing cost affects young millennials
- The part of abortion bans on psychological issues
- How birth control roles affect society negatively
- How are teenagers, the general community, and school related?
- Analyzing first-time menstrual experiences and their impact on teenage girls within foster homes
- Wellness therapy and its sustainability
- Investigating poverty prevalence in the American Deep South- How it prevents the growth
- The implications of relationships on social workers’ interactions
- The negative impact of conversion therapy on the LGBTQ+ community
- How an inclusive and functional healthcare system enhances social growth
- Shelter homes women- Investigating their life experiences
- The prevalent racial disparity in food bank systems in America
- Understanding social relegations and stigma of welfare mothers
- Client-therapist relationship- Investigating psychiatric therapists and their work
These topics address relevant issues that society often neglects. Pick any idea in this category and explore it further through research and analysis.
Social Work Thesis Topics
Educators will ask you to write different papers when pursuing social work studies. A sociology thesis is among the documents you might write when pursuing a master’s or Ph.D. studies. Here are topics to consider for these papers.
- Investigating expecting mothers’ postpartum depression
- How interdependency differs from codependency among youth adults
- Emotional unavailability in homes- Does it enhance codependency?
- Codependency- Is it a displacement feature?
- Foster kids and future attachment methods
- Social work and disability disparity
- Disability challenges facing the healthcare system
- Compassion integration in social works
- ADHD- What are the most common myths about it?
- How emotionally immature parents affect their adult children psychologically
- Drug addiction and treatment plans
- Addressing challenges facing visually impaired students
- Investigating foster homes and child abuse
- The emotional impact of a transition into a nursing home
- Exploring immigrant families and parenthood
- The intricacies of child labor
These are exciting topics to consider for your social work thesis. Nevertheless, prepare adequate time and resources to investigate any of these titles to develop a paper that will earn you the best grade.
Get Professional Thesis Assistance
Perhaps, you have chosen a title but don’t have the skills or time to write a top-notch paper. Maybe you’ve never scored high grades on your report, and your professor or parent constantly reprimands you. In that case, you need help with your academic writing.
We offer fast, cheap, and some of the best dissertation services for college, university, and high school students. Our ENL and U.S writers are always ready to handle your project. Contact us now to get the best academic paper help online.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Comment * Error message
Name * Error message
Email * Error message
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
Find the best tips and advice to improve your writing. Or, have a top expert write your paper.
233 Social Work Research Topics: Helpful List For Students
Social work research topics deal with many things. They look into some of the problem generating areas within the social works field and the use of research methodology to understand these problems. They also try to sort these problems out and address some of the challenges encountered both in the lives of social workers and their primary field of practice.
Like every other research writing, writing a social work research topic requires the carrying out of in-depth research finding on the subject which requires the application of theories, the use of concepts, understanding the basic and advanced principles of social works, observing the intricacies within the field of study, finding ways to address these social issues through the use of experimental, survey, analytic, cause and effect researching procedure.
To craft an intriguing and compelling essay topic on social works, all of the aforementioned will need to be present as they help you not just in the topic formulation process but also in the research writing. Every research writing follows a particular style and writing on social works partakes in this process. Here are some social work-related research topics to put into consideration.
Social Work Research Topics
Social work as a field of work and field of study deals primarily with practicality. Even though the understanding of some of its underlying principles requires first the use and application of theories, social workers deal with practical applications daily. Writing a research topic on this field, therefore, requires that each topic will have undertones of practicality woven within it.
This is necessary as the primary goal of both social work research writing and the field itself is in carrying out investigations and the understanding of various issues that impact the lives of individuals and how they could be addressed. Research social worker research topics on it can look like.
- The importance of group therapy for children in foster homes
- Impacts of clinical depression on teenage girls
- Lack of child support and its impact on child care in America
- A look into depression and the stigma associated with it.
- ADHD within foster homes and its impacts on children
- The impacts of constant mobility in the lives of orphaned toddlers
- Addressing the inherent PTSD in the lives of medical veterans
- The social relegation of Autism children
- Addressing the stigma surrounding disability
- Disability and how it affects the lives of middle-aged parents
- The recurring case of displacement and its violent effects on street children
- How homelessness impacts people psyche
- Misdiagnosed mental illness and its negative impacts on people
- Suicidal tendencies within military units and possible ways to address them.
- The need for the social interrogation of mental illness stigma
- Parents living with Bipolar and how it impacts their parenting and children’s lives
- How early childhood displacement amounts to antisocial lifestyle in foster children
- Adoption of teenagers: the struggles and joys associated within
- A look into the undisclosed cases of rape violence amongst women in the military and how it impacts their lives and service
- Substance abuse and how it affects parenting
- Understanding the trauma associated with child-parent separation
- How divorce positively impacts the health and lifestyle of children
- A close analysis of the myths associated with Welfare mothers
- Addressing the issue of substance abuse amongst teenagers
- Death and how it impacts the collective well-being of the family
- A study into family support as a viable way for alcohol recovery
- Alcoholism and its impacts on a person’s psyche
- How sponsors positively impact the lives of recovering addicts
- A clinical study of anti-depressants and their current effectiveness
- The breeding of social exclusion of children with Down syndrome
- Why social and academic integration is important for children with Down syndrome
- Depression and how family exacerbates it
- Alcoholism: it impacts on social, family, and personal lifestyle
- An analysis of the difference and similarities between Dyslexia and ADHD
- Creating awareness for Dyslexic patients
Social Work Research Questions
Social works as a field of study fall within the social sciences, as a result of this the field of study deals with the use of questioning as an approach to arrive at a conclusive and reflective answer (empirical evidence). This is why research in this field deals with data collection, data analysis, experimentations, investigation, etc. The research questions asked when researching within social works are important as it’s through it that informative research is carried out and meanings derived through it. Here are some social work research questions.
- How does trauma inform the education of children in foster homes?
- The protest of police brutality, does it have the potential of promoting transformative change?
- Why does society insist that divorce impacts the psyche of all children negatively
- Is informed trauma in foster homes the primary cause of children disappearing from foster homes?
- Does the implementation of learning curriculums that positively impacts Dyslexic students improve their academics?
- Is trauma-informed learning reflective of parenting?
- Do house and food insecurity impact the lives of foster children for life?
- How does community violence have effects on the lives LGBT+ community?
- What are the ways the criminal justice system is failing America’s social lifestyle?
- What are the signs of identifying workplace trauma
- Workplace violence: how can it be addressed?
- How do poverty and scarcity affect the psychology of young children?
- What are the ways through which the American healthcare system is failing minority groups
- What are the ways the misuse of substances breeds addictive behaviors?
- How to point out the early signs of depression in teenagers?
- Who is at greater risk of child-parent separation?
- What are the consequences of living with Dyslexia?
- Why is depression diagnosed as a mental disorder?
- What are the defining differences between Bipolar I and Bipolar II?
- How can bipolar patients receive support?
- What percentage of incarcerated adults is from minority groups?
- What are the results of racial disparity in America?
- How does America’s racial disparity manifest in the healthcare system?
- What are the challenges experienced by minority kids in foster homes?
- How can the American government support welfare parents more?
- How can addiction be controlled?
- How does alcohol abuse affect college students’ academic performance?
- What are the ways community reentry proves challenging for formerly incarcerated people?
- What are the physical, emotional, and psychological effects of pregnant incarcerated mothers?
- How can cases within addiction be curbed in America?
- What are the ways to approach America’s carceral system?
- What are the ways nursing homes can be better equipped for old folks?
- What are the social and psychological impacts of student loans?
- How can assistance be extended to adults with learning disabilities?
- How can America’s rise in obesity be addressed?
Human Services Research Paper Topics
Human services research papers also fall within the social work research topics ideas to look into. This area of social works essay topics deal with issues which are primarily related to human service, how it’s being impacted, and ways to understand and address some of its challenges. Human services research paper topics that fall within it include.
- How America’s carceral system affects low-income and minority homes majorly.
- Social integration of Down syndrome and Dyslexic people
- How the government can improve welfare conditions
- The negative psychological impacts of food banks
- How food banks benefit the lives of many Americans.
- How home violence affects children
- Understanding the effects of high school bullying
- Welfare workers and why they need therapy and support groups
- How to build love in foster care
- The practice of resilience amongst social workers
- The effects of juvenile delinquency in America
- Understanding America’s carceral shortcomings
- Minority groups at the expense of America’s carceral system
- Addressing the issue of homophobia in America
- Homophobia and how it impacts LGBTQ+ adults
- Factors contributing to family violence
- Spousal violence and how to address it
- Family cruelty and how it impacts lives
- Undiagnosed cases of Bipolar and its effects
- Misdiagnosed mental illness and its effects
- Improving support systems for LGBTQ+ kids
- Home insecurity and how it impacts the homeless
- Bridging the disparity of formerly incarcerated people
- Understanding gender inequality when dealing with incarcerated people
- The failure of America’s correctional system
- Incarceration: Reformed or abolished?
- Police system: Reformed, defunded, or abolished?
- Factors contributing to increase in youth depression
- Unemployment and its effects on people
- Similarities between juvenile delinquency and adult incarceration
- Psychological impacts of child trafficking
- Human trafficking and its psychological effects on victims
- Addressing depression, anxiety, and panic in little children
Interesting Social Work Topics
Within the field of social works, there are some topics and issues that draw extra attention due to their uniqueness. These topics often make for interesting research topics as they often draw on several relevant but often neglected issues or topics that are not paid due attention to. There are so many interesting social work topics that talk within this category and some of them include.
- Understanding the experiences of women living within shelter homes
- The racial disparity prevalent in America’s food bank system
- A study and understanding of the stigma and social relegations welfare mothers are subjected to.
- The challenges of living with both parents suffering from Alzheimer’s
- A sociological and environmental outlook into the academic transition from high school to college and how it manifests in the lives of students.
- An analysis of the client-therapist relationship of psychiatric therapists
- An evaluation of the sociological impact of including sex education in the high school curriculum
- An in-depth analysis of the emotional and psychological effects of induced child labor
- Psychological, emotional, and physical effects of abusive parenting
- Verbal and physical abuse in families and how it manifests in the lives of children
- How emotional and psychological abuse encourages low self-esteem
- A study of children raised in abusive homes
- How physical abuse affects spousal intimacy
- A critical study of the learning challenges of disabled children
- How inclusivity in the social system will impact disabled children
- Why there’s the need to encourage more flexible social structures for disabled people
- A case study of the inherent challenges of interracial marriages
- A case of study of how a functional and inclusive healthcare system improve social growth
- How conversion therapy negatively impacts the LGBTQ+ community
- How religion impacts social workers interaction with social issues
- A study of the prevalence of poverty in the American Deep South and the ways it impedes growth
- Sustainability of wellness therapy
- An in-depth analysis of how first-time menstrual experiences impacts teenage girls in foster homes
- The relationship between teenagers, school, and the general society
- The negative impacts of birth control laws
- How abortion bans are leading to more psychological issues
- How the increases in the cost of housing in America is affecting young millennials
- How low paid labor propagates workplace abuse
- The impacts of gender roles and cultural beliefs in marriages
- Why America needs more rehabilitation centers than carceral systems
- The relationship between welfare systems and low-income neighborhoods
- How teenage pregnancy impacts teenage mothers
- The growing effect and pressure of social media in the lives of teenage children
Controversial Topics in Social Work
Social worker’s research topics also look into areas within the field of study that are often regarded as controversial. These topics are referred to as so due to their nature of occurrence which usually has provoked significant public interest. When writing on controversial topics in social work in this field, here are some of the topics that fall well within this category.
- Rising cases of drug abuse in low-income neighborhoods
- How incarceration negatively impacts the psychological well-being of incarcerated people
- The dangers of confinement and why it should be looked into
- Drug vulnerability and how to help addicts
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy and how it enables social workers to relate more to their environment and situations
- Hypnosis and its health benefits on an individual
- Therapy for the less represented groups and why it’s important
- A clear distinction between clinical depression and undiagnosed depression
- Misdiagnosis: how it’s affecting the lives of mentally challenged people
- Understanding ADHD and the stigmas associated with it
- An investigative study into the use of cognitive-behavioral therapy to improve the livelihood of incarcerated people
- Understanding adolescents development about kids in foster cares
- The social effects of living within an immigrant home in America
- Social workers remuneration and how it impacts their dedication and diligence to their work
- The negative impact of child-parent legally signed separation and ways through which it can be contained
- A qualitative study of dealing with Dyslexia as an adolescent
- Catering safe spaces for minority groups and the impacts of community on their mental health.
- Child poverty, food insecurity, house insecurity: how they impact the academic abilities of children
- Examining the use of empathy to facilitate the improvement of the social work sector
- Why there needs to be more qualitative examining of foster homes for child safety and peace
- The positive impacts within the foster home system and why it should be championed
- Understanding sexual health education for incarcerated women
- Addressing violence as a social problem within the correctional system
- Court sanctioned confinement, how it promotes mental illness rather than facilitate correction
- The hidden and unnoticed trauma prevalent in counselors and therapists
- The continuous cycle of therapy: why therapists need therapy
- The need to facilitate awareness on the stigma associated with AIDS
- The social and health implication of abortion ban on women in low-income neighborhoods
- The psychological, health, and social implications of abortion ban on rape survivors
- The unreported cases of abuse in homes and how it propagates violence
- Trafficking: the impacts of it on the social well-being of a society
- Exploring the challenges of the hurricanes in low-income neighborhoods
- The hidden trauma of hurricane and flood survivors
Social Work Thesis Topics
As a field of study on its own, social work will require you to write series of papers, research assignments and essays on a select topic of your choice. This is also compulsory if you are doing your master’s program or your Ph.D. You’ll be required to carry out evaluative or qualitative research on your area of interest. Some interesting social work essay topics to consider include the following ones.
- The psychological impacts of adult children of emotionally immature parents
- The treatment plan for diagnosed drug addiction
- Navigating the challenges of visually impaired learners in the academia
- Evaluating child abuse in foster care
- The emotional effect of transitioning into nursing homes
- A study of parenthood in immigrant families
- The psychological weight of child abuse
- Understanding child labor and its intricacies
- Encouraging cognitive-behavioral therapy for foster parents
- Trauma: Understanding the challenges of the foster kid
- Abortion illegality as the increasing cause of teenage pregnancy
- Understanding displacement and its nuances
- The distinction between the displacement of children in war areas and children in foster homes
- The psychological impacts of growing within a war zone
- The barrier to working faced by formerly incarcerated people
- Juvenile delinquency: how it harms rather than benefits children
- Examining the American rehabilitation system
- Examining the gender disparity in correctional facilities
- The use of empathy: social workers in the discharge of duty
- How to address compassion fatigue amongst counselors and social workers
- The effects of structural racism on the welfare systems
- Understanding depression from the welfare mom’s perspective
- Myths associated with ADHD
- Integrating compassion in social works
- Building an inclusive system for foster kids
- The disability challenges in the healthcare system
- Disability disparity in the social works department
- Future attachment styles in foster kids
- Codependency: a feature of displacement
- Home emotional unavailability as the rising cause for codependency
- Understanding interdependency for the codependent
- Distinctions between codependency and interdependency in youth adults
- Prepatrum depression in expecting mothers
Social Work Topics for Presentation
One of the social work project ideas to look into while writing your paper is the possibility of including a presentation. As a practical field, social works research requires some level of presentation included. Here are some social work topics for presentation.
- The historical development of social works
- Importance of social works in school
- Importance of therapy for teenagers
- An exploration of challenges faced in forensic social works
- Understanding the struggles of minority groups
- A study of abuse in middle-class homes
- Importance of finance in sustaining social works
- The overall effect of compassion fatigue
- Challenges of modern-day social works
- Psychological impacts of child drug abuse
- Importance of inclusivity in social works
- Understanding same-sex relationships for the social worker
- Importance of drug sensitization in high school
- The abuse of drugs in low-income neighborhoods as an economic factor
- Depression stereotypes
- Effects and impacts of spirituality as a social works technique
- Damages of psychological violence
- Domestic violence and its impacts
- Role of social workers in the prevention of drug abuse
- Role or foster parents in the prevention of violence
- Role of foster homes in creating a safe space
- Positive impacts of foster parenting
- Understanding trauma for the social worker
- Importance of diversity in the social works sector
- Understanding the neglect-syndrome of foster kids
- Adolescent transitioning and trauma of LGBTQ+ children
- Trauma and juvenile delinquency
- Juvenile delinquency and adult incarceration
- Importance of free healthcare for foster children and children in low-income neighborhoods
- A study of sexually violated children
- Understanding the impacts of incest in homes
- The victim syndrome and how to better understand it
- Understanding Stockholm syndrome
We have provided above a list of interesting social work topics that social science students, whether they are college students or master’s students, can choose from. But if you are hoping to meet up with your college or university essay deadlines, there are professional ENL US writers, including some of the best professors for hire online. They can assist you with fast and top-notch essays that will get you high grades all at a cheap rate. You will be provided with custom, amazing assignments that will attain you high grades.
Make PhD experience your own
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Social Work Research: Literature Reviews
- Getting Started
- Finding Scholarly Articles
- Citation Searching
- Evaluating Sources This link opens in a new window
- Literature Reviews
- Evidence-Based This link opens in a new window
- Finding Instruments This link opens in a new window
- Writing & Citing
Using A Literature Review
A literature review is a very practical part of the research process. It's how you build on other research in the field - identify best practices and tools and learn what doesn't work. The resources on the page are here to help you structure you literature review so it's as useful as possible.
Also take a look at any literature reviews you find as you search for articles - in addition to content and further references they'll also provide helpful structural hints.
- Social Work Literature Review Guidelines Literature reviews are designed to do two things: 1) give your readers an overview of sources you have explored while researching a particular topic or idea and 2) demonstrate how your research fits into the larger field of study, in this case, social work.
- Considerations in Writing a Literature Review This article will briefly outline key points for you to keep in mind when writing literature reviews for social work.
- Undertaking a literature review: a step-by-step approach The purpose of this article is to present a step-by-step guide to facilitate understanding by presenting the critical elements of the literature review process. While reference is made to different types of literature reviews, the focus is on the traditional or narrative review that is undertaken, usually either as an academic assignment or part of the research process.
Conducting a Literature Review & Other Research Methods
What is a Literature Review?
"Literature reviews are systematic syntheses of previous work around a particular topic. Nearly all scholars have written literature reviews at some point; such reviews are common requirements for class projects or as part of theses, are often the first section of empirical papers, and are sometimes written to summarize a field of study. Given the increasing amount of literature in many fields, reviews are critical in synthesizing scientific knowledge." - Encyclopedia of Research Design
- APA Style Sample Papers (seventh edition) by the APA
- Sample APA Paper (lit. review begins page 3)
- Dissertations and Theses Full-Text Global Search here for examples of literature reviews from masters and doctoral theses.
Thinking About A Literature Review
Literature Reviews: An Overview
Additional How-To Guides
- CSU, Chico Office of Graduate Studies - Thesis Assistance Instructions, policies, and guidelines for graduate studies theses/projects.
- CSU, Chico Writing Center Make a one-on-one appointment with a writing tutor to help with your writing assignments.
- Learn How to Write a Review of the Literature University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Literature Review: An Overview for Graduate Students Video overview by North Carolina State University Libraries
- Literature Review: The What, Why and How-to Guide University of Connecticut University Libraries
- << Previous: Evaluating Sources
- Next: Evidence-Based >>
- Last Updated: Oct 26, 2023 12:56 PM
- URL: https://simmons.libguides.com/SSWResearch
Research Topic Ideas
- Picking a Topic
- Area & Interdisciplinary Studies
- Behavioral & Social Sciences
- Business, Economics, & Management
- Current Events and Controversial Issues
Social work topics.
- Health Sciences
- Natural and Physical Sciences
- Research Process by Liz Svoboda Last Updated Oct 31, 2023 19686 views this year
- Ability grouping
- Adaptive physical education
- Bilingual education
- Blended learning
- Boarding schools
- Career counseling
- Charter schools
- Collaborative learning
- Common Core
- Community immersion
- Computer literacy
- Computer-assisted instruction
- Dual enrollment programs
- Early childhood education
- Flipped classroom
- Gender-segregated education
- Home schooling
- Information literacy
- Kalamazoo Promise
- Learning styles
- Merit pay for teachers
- Multiple intelligences
- No Child Left Behind
- Online education
- Outcomes-based education
- Parental involvement
- Peer counseling
- Race to the Top
- Retention policies
- School choice
- School schedule reform
- School to work programs
- Sex education
- Standardized testing
- STEAM vs STEM
- Teacher unions
- Technology integration
- Violence in schools
- Virtual classrooms
- Whole brain teaching
- Zero tolerance policy
Related subject guide and suggested database
- Education: A Guide to Library Research by Paul Streby Last Updated Oct 16, 2023 375 views this year
Journal articles & citations, government publications, conference papers, reports, theses, and other education-related documents. The ERIC Thesaurus can help identify useful subject terms.
Also available via EBSCOhost and the U.S. Department of Education (open access version). This database is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education to provide extensive access to education-related literature. ERIC provides coverage of journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs. 1966-present. Covers:
- Adult, career and vocational education
- Elementary & early childhood education
- Education management
- Higher education, including junior colleges
- Second-language learning
- Special education
- Teacher education
- Tests, measurement, & evaluation
Many ERIC Documents are online in ERIC, and older ones are available on microfiche on the 1st floor of the Thompson Library. See also Child Care & Early Education Research Connections for childhood-related resources.
- Affordable Care Act
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Conversion therapy
- Early intervention programs
- Elder abuse
- Family caregiving
- Foster care
- Gender pay gap
- Grief counseling
- Human trafficking
- Informal economy
- Interracial adoption
- Intimate partner violence
- Juvenile justice system
- Mental illness
- Mentoring program
- Nutrition assistance programs
- People experiencing homelessness
- People with disabilities
- Restorative community programs
- Sexual assault; Sexual harassment
- Social justice
- Substance abuse
- Welfare reform
- Social Work: A Guide to Library Research by Paul Streby Last Updated Oct 30, 2023 1976 views this year
Index and abstract of current research focused on social work, human services, and related areas.
Covers 1979-present. Social Services Abstracts provides bibliographic coverage of current research focused on social work, human services, and related areas, including social welfare and social policy. The database abstracts and indexes over 1,300 serial publications, and includes journal articles, dissertations and book reviews. Searches link to Community of Scholars: Social Sciences. Coverage includes community & mental health services, crisis intervention, family & social welfare, gerontology, poverty, homelessness, professional issues, policy, addiction, social work education & practice, violence, abuse, neglect, welfare services.
- << Previous: Current Events and Controversial Issues
- Next: Health Sciences >>
- Last Updated: Oct 30, 2023 4:57 PM
- URL: https://libguides.umflint.edu/topics
- Boston University Libraries
Literature Reviews in Social Work
- What is a Literature Review
Literature reviews in social work tutorial.
- Types of Literature Reviews
- Guidelines for Writing a Literature Review
- Searching for Books, Articles, and Other Resources
- Associations and Research Institutes
- Statistical Sources
- Government Resources
- Citing Your Sources
A literature review is a comprehensive summary of the ideas, issues, approaches, and research findings that have been published on a particular subject area or topic. However, it is not a simple description of all that the reviewer has read on the topic. It is better understood as a critical synthesis (or bringing together) of :
- What can reasonably be asserted based on the extent of the literature findings
- What worked and didn’t work in terms of methods of (and approaches to) investigation
- What can be gleaned from the range of theoretical perspectives that have been applied
- What gaps, inconsistencies or problems still need to be addressed in further research on the topic
- What results may reasonably be expected to be repeatable, and under what circumstances 
The review should be organized with a clear purpose and scope defined by the author of the review and should not be just a summary of existing research on the topic.
Literature reviews in social work increasingly focus on evidence-based research found in scholarly journals but there is some discussion within the profession that focusing only on evidence-based studies minimizes the importance of other sources of knowledge, including that gained through practical experience. Material published by think tanks, professional associations, and research institutes may provide valuable current information about a particular topic but they are often not peer-reviewed or evaluated for reliability and validity as is the case with research articles found in scholarly journals.
 Kiteley, Robin and Chris Stogdon. Literature Reviews in Social Work . Sage, 2014
- << Previous: Home
- Next: Types of Literature Reviews >>
- Last Updated: Aug 7, 2023 9:53 AM
- URL: https://library.bu.edu/literaturereviews
My Homework Done
Expert Writing Services
- How It Works
- Buy homework
- Ace my homework
- Homework writers
- Homework help
- Assignment writing
- Homework Solutions
- Homework Answers
- No Need To Study
- High school
- McGraw-Hill Connect
- Word Problem
- Computer Science
- Language arts
Homework is easy with expert tips and advice. And even easier when you have an expert to do it for you.
List of Excellent Social Work Research Topics To Use
Most students have a hard time when it comes to choosing the best research topics for their thesis or dissertation. As a student, you will discover that this is the first but most important step in your research work. Everything you do for your project revolves around the topic you choose irrespective of your area of study. Social work is just one among several disciplines that students are expected to work on a project.
Table of Contents
Where to find the best social work project ideas, interesting research topics in social work, top research topics in social work, things to consider when looking for social work research topics, feel free to ask for help.
Social Work is an essential component in our day to day life. Therefore, there is need for students and social work practitioners to undertake a lot of research in this area of study. Researchers have done a lot in this discipline but we still have a great unexploited potential in the field. There is no need to overdo the previous researches when we still have a lot of research topics on social work that require learners to work on. You can always get excellent social work research topics irrespective of your level of study.
There are several places that you can find top social work research topics for college students. First, you can talk to your professors to see what they have to say with regard to the areas that have been under exploited. They are better placed to advice you on some of the areas that have been overdone. You don’t want to handle a topic that everyone out there has been doing. You can also go through the previous researches to find some of the amazing social work research topics. Most authors will always provide recommendations for more research at the end of their report. Such recommendations often give new researchers an excellent platform for finding interesting social work topics. Some of these research project ideas are also readily available online. For instance, below are some topics that can form a stable foundation for your market research.
- The Effects of Multi-Agency Working of Protecting Children’s Rights
- Should Therapists Ask Victims of Child Sexual Abuse About What They Think on the Topic of Sex with Children
- Can Social Work Help Kids Who Have Gone Through Trauma?
- The Causes and Prevention of Youth Recidivism
- The Role of School Social Workers to Teachers
- The Influence of Adolescence Physical Changes on the Psyche of Children
- Abuse Survival and Reintegration Back to the Society
- The Role of Social Work in Helping students to Build Their Value Systems and Goals
- An Exploration of Perceptions and Attitudes Between Polish Community and Healthcare Practitioners
- Coping with Intrinsic Cultural Perspectives: Transitioning to Social Work
- The Process of Holding Back: A Practical Application of User Service Empowerment
- The Role of a Social Worker in End of Life Decisions
- Social Working with Children with Specific Needs or disabilities
- A Model for Life-Long Learning on Evidence-Based Practice
- The Impact of the Media: Lessons You Can Get
- A Study on Women Who Have Sexually Addictive Spouses
- Can Social Work Prevent Sexual Harassment and School Bullying?
- The Reflection Act: A Social Work Learning Model of Self Indulgence
- A Review of Mentoring as an Essential Component of Social Work Training
- The Challenges of Inter-Professional practice in Modern Day Social Work
- Effects of Bullying to Pre-School students
- The Relationship of HIV Positive Individuals
- How Far Should You Take Client Satisfaction in Social Work
- The Role of Social Workers in Preventing Teenage pregnancies
- Psychological Intervention for Emotionally Disabled Children
- The Policies of Coalition Government Regarding Social Work
- Healthcare Experiences for People Who are Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia
- The Effects of Parent Drug Use to Their Children
- The Role of Psychopathology in Drug Abuse Among Teenagers
- The Role of Culture-Bases Activism in Modern-Day Native Americans
- Social Work Interventions on Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Transiting from the previous Employment to Social Work: A change of the Career
- Personal Safety Requirement for Social Workers
- The Historical Development of Social Work
- The Benefits of Social Work to Schools
- Living with Compulsive-Obsessive Disorder
- The Challenges That Social Workers in Learning Institutions Face
- Teaching Tolerance: The Responsibility of Teachers or Social Workers?
- The Role of Social Workers in the Adaptation and Socialization of Formerly Homeless Children
- Can Social Workers Deal with Prejudice in Learning Institutions?
- How Social Workers Help in Preventing School Dropout
- Women and Alcohol
- High Risk Drinking and Sexual Minority Women
- Crime While Transiting to Adulthood
- Women Leaders in the Community
- Anxiety and Depression During Pregnancy
- Emerging Drug Use Disparities the Youth
- Health and Education Among Racial Groups
- The Impact of Media on Pre-School Behavior
- The Risk of HIV Among Women
One thing you need to understand is that choosing the right research topic is the most important step in writing your dissertation, thesis, or research report. The kind of topic you choose will determine the level of success you will get. There is no need to choose a topic that will make your academic life so complicated. You need to invest a lot of time, resources, and energy in choosing appropriate social work topics for research papers.
The truth of the matter is that choosing research topics in social work is not as simple as you may think. There are some tips you need to put into consideration so as to choose a relevant topic. First, make sure you choose a topic that will be interesting to both you and the reader. Most professors want their students to deliver interesting social work topics before they can go through their work. The good thing with an interesting research topic is that it will grow your interest throughout the research process. You need a subject that will keep you motivated and create in you the desire to move to the next level. Interesting research topics makes the assignment to look more impressive and professional. Therefore, don’t select a topic that has the potential of developing boredom along the way. It will also create a desire in your supervisor to go through the project.
An excellent social work research project requires the student to go through previous studies on the subject. Ask yourself whether you will get sufficient information for your literature review. You need to go through what has already been done so as to establish the gap in the existing body of knowledge. It is the only way you will be able to contribute to the field of academia. You can find most of these research materials online while others are readily available in your local library. Do some research and make sure that you will get enough supporting evidence in as much as your research topic is concerned. The other thing you need to understand is that the best social work topics for research papers should neither be too narrow nor too broad. You cannot comprehensively handle a market research topic that is too broad. On the other hand, a very narrow market research topic will limit your research. Also, the best research topics in social work should be compelling, feasible, clear, and researchable. Be keen while choosing a research topic as it will influence your level of success. For more info, be sure to visit My Homework Done .
Stuck with your homework? Good news! Enter promo “ homework20 ” and grab your unique social work writing assignment with 20% discount!
18 comments on “ List of Excellent Social Work Research Topics To Use ”
Thank you for this piece.
Nice topics, finally I can write something, I’ve been thinking over what topic to choose for about a week. This list is perfect.
very selective topics
This is really worth my time. Thanks for the good work. My MSW Topic: “Home Games and Video as Correlates of Aggression among Teenagers”
good topics but anything you could suggest further on employee wellness
Really great it’s helpful.
Thank you for the help.I really appreciate.
Thank you so much for the help ! Now i got an idea !
can you plz send me the research report in my mail ;[email protected]
feel free to order a paper online from myhomeworkdone.com
This is very helpful indeed. I have my next topic ready. Thanks a million.
Hi, Could you please give something on older Adults or Elderly. Thank you
Sure Alta. We’ll upload the relevant article as soon as we gather data 🙂
This is interesting.
Thank you for sure. This is really helpful.
Thanks! The topics are all purposeful for research works
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *