If you're seeing this message, it means we're having trouble loading external resources on our website.
If you're behind a web filter, please make sure that the domains *.kastatic.org and *.kasandbox.org are unblocked.
Course: Algebra 2 > Unit 10
- Solving equations by graphing
- Solving equations by graphing: intro
- Solving equations graphically: intro
- Solving equations by graphing: graphing calculator
- Solving equations graphically: graphing calculator
Solving equations by graphing: word problems
- Solving equations graphically: word problems
- Equations: FAQ
Want to join the conversation?
- Upvote Button navigates to signup page
- Downvote Button navigates to signup page
- Flag Button navigates to signup page
How Do You Use the Graph of a Linear Equation to Solve a Word Problem?
Word problems are a great way to see math in the real world! In this tutorial, see how to figure out how long it will take for a rabbit population to go extinct. You'll also see how to set up a table and a graph to help find the answer!
- word problem
- translate words to algebra
- write a table
- linear equation
- evaluate function
- graph points
- find x-intercept
Introduction to linear equations.
How Do You Make a Table of Values for a Linear Equation?
To graph a linear equation, you could make a table of values to plot, but first you'll need to know how to make the table. Take a look at this tutorial! You'll see how to set up a table, choose appropriate x-values, plug those values into the equation, and simplify to get the respective y-values. This tutorial shows you how to set up a table of values for a linear equation!
What is a Linear Equation?
If you're learning about graphs, you're bound to see a bunch of linear equations, so it's a good idea to understand what makes an equation a linear equation. This tutorial explains linear equations and shows you the difference between equations that are linear and ones that are not. Check it out!
What is a Variable?
You can't do algebra without working with variables, but variables can be confusing. If you've ever wondered what variables are, then this tutorial is for you!
Ordered Pairs and The Coordinate Plane
How Do You Plot Points in the Coordinate Plane?
Knowing how to plot ordered pairs is an essential part of graphing functions. In this tutorial, you'll see how to take an ordered pair and plot it on the coordinate plane. Take a look!
What is an Ordered Pair?
Ordered pairs are a fundamental part of graphing. Ordered pairs make up functions on a graph, and very often, you need to plot ordered pairs in order to see what the graph of a function looks like. This tutorial will introduce you to ordered pairs!
What is the X-Axis?
To graph a function or plot an ordered pair, you need to use a coordinate plane, so you should learn all about it! In this tutorial, you'll learn about the x-axis and see where it's located in the coordinate plane.
What is the Y-Axis?
To graph a function or plot an ordered pair, you need to use a coordinate plane, so you should learn all about it! In thi
How Do You Graph an Exponential Function Using a Table?
Graphing an exponential function? No sweat! Create a table of values to give you ordered pairs. Then, plot those ordered pair on a coordinate plane and connect the points to make your graph! Follow along with this tutorial as it shows you all the steps.
- BCIT Westampton Campus
- BCIT Medford Campus
- BCIT Adult Education
- WesTech Senior Celebrations
- MedTech Senior Celebration
Discover Your Potential
- IXL Assignment Examples Algebra One
Conyer, Robert- Math Dept.
- Conyer, Robert- Math Dept.'s Home
- NEW Conyer's Twenty Most Important IXL.com Assignments Algebra One
- NEW Conyer's Twenty Most Important Khan Academy Assignments Algebra One
- NEW Conyer's Twenty Most Important IXL.com Assignments Geometry
- NEW Conyer's Twenty Most Important Khan Academy Assignments Geometry
- Algebra One PowerPoints and Notes Unit One
- Algebra One PowerPoints and Notes Unit Two
- Algebra One PowerPoints and Notes Unit Three
- Algebra One Daily Agenda
- Honors Algebra One PowerPoints and Notes Unit One and Unit Two
- Honors Algebra One PowerPoints and Notes Unit Three Exponential and Quadratic Functions
- Honors Algebra One PSAT Questions, Khan Academy, IXL.com
- Honors Algebra One Daily Agenda
- Examples of Algebra Khan Academy Assignments Chapters 7, 8, 9
- PSAT Practice Questions
- Examples of the Geometry Khan Academy Assignments Chapters One to Four
- Examples of the Geometry IXL.com assignments
- Geometry Powerpoints and Notes
- Class Calendar
- Links and Resources
- Handouts and Worksheets
- Twenty Five Most Important Khan Academy Assignments Algebra One
U.3 Solve a system of equations by graphing: word problems
- Questions or Feedback? |
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- Organic Chemistry
- English Grammar
- U.S. History
- World History
... and beyond
- Socratic Meta
- Featured Answers