- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
Unlock Your Career Potential: How to Edit Your Resume for Free
As the job market becomes increasingly competitive, it is important to make sure your resume stands out from the crowd. A well-crafted resume can be the difference between getting an interview and being overlooked. Unfortunately, crafting a great resume can be expensive, with professional editing services costing hundreds of dollars. Fortunately, there are plenty of free options available to help you edit your resume and unlock your career potential.
Utilize Online Resources
The internet is full of resources that can help you edit your resume for free. Many websites offer templates and tips that can help you create a professional-looking document. Additionally, some websites offer automated editing services that can quickly identify any errors or inconsistencies in your resume. These services are usually free and can save you time by quickly pinpointing areas that need improvement.
Ask for Feedback
Getting feedback from someone who has experience in the field you’re applying to can be invaluable when it comes to editing your resume. Ask friends or family members who have worked in the same industry for their opinion on how to improve your document. You may also want to ask a career counselor or mentor for advice on how to make your resume stand out from the competition.
Once you’ve made all the necessary changes to your resume, it’s important to proofread it carefully before submitting it. This will help ensure that there are no typos or grammatical errors that could hurt your chances of getting an interview. Take some time to read through the document slowly and carefully, paying attention to any potential mistakes or areas that could use improvement. Additionally, consider having someone else read through it as well; a fresh set of eyes may catch something you missed.
Editing a resume doesn’t have to be expensive or time consuming; with the right resources and a bit of effort, you can easily unlock your career potential without breaking the bank. Utilize online resources, ask for feedback from experienced professionals, and proofread carefully before submitting your document; these simple steps will ensure that your resume stands out from the competition and increases your chances of getting an interview.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
General Helper Resume Sample
The resume builder.
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
- Responsible for removing finished goods from packaging machines, labeling them with correct labels, wrapping them with stretch wrap, and then moving them to staging area
- Responsible for returning all unused raw materials to the staging areas and responsible for marking materials with return sheets
- Responsible for keeping work area clean at all times
- Empty trash into containers and transport to compactor as necessary
- Sweep floor and clean up spills as needed or directed by lead
- Perform general cleaning throughout work areas
- Ensure that all recycled materials are put into the proper recycling containers
- Safely lift and carry 25-50 lbs on a regular basis
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force group to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new development, requirements and policies
- Basic knowledge of PC’s
- Transport packaging material and/or food ingredients from/to areas where it is needed utilizing a pallet jack, forklift, or other transport equipment. Responsible for ensuring that equipment is suitable for use and in safe operating condition
- Responsible for following all factory policies and procedures
- Responsible for supplying all needed raw materials & supplies to the packaging lines. For example but not limited to: product, boxes, film, labels, paper towels, tape, slip sheets etc. Additionally, responsible for monitoring scheduled and ensuring that materials are available when needed
- Responsible for labeling all 200 pack or less cases with the correct labels and supplying them to the machines
- Responsible for ensuring that all raw materials are correct according the shop orders and that all tracking numbers are recorded or made available for operators
- Three months of work experience, preferably manufacturing experience
- Steel toed boots, tape measure reading skills
- Recent manufacturing and/or recent semi-skilled trades experience
- Learning to safely operate machinery
- Experience with hand tools for banding and packaging material
- Operates lift truck or uses handtruck, and various material handling equipment to move, convey, or hoist materials thru production processes
- Experience in the operation of a standup lift, forklift, overhead crane & packaging equipment is helpful
How to write General Helper Resume
General Helper role is responsible for tape, reading, printing, training, security, shipping, manufacturing, assembly, events, basic. To write great resume for general helper job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For General Helper Resume
The section contact information is important in your general helper resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your General Helper Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your general helper resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to. This section, however, is not just a list of your previous general helper responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular general helper position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative General Helper resume experience can include:
- Maintain compliance with HACCP and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Experience in the operation of overhead cranes, forklift trucks and metal working equipment is helpful
- Have two years of manufacturing experience, preferably in a team environment
- Operates the machine pre-feeder and press as needed during breaks to insure continuous run
- Good communication with team, supervisor, shipping office
- Operate hand tools and handling equipment when instructed
Education on a General Helper Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your general helper resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your general helper experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in General Helper Resume
When listing skills on your general helper resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there's a list of typical general helper skills:
- Assist with quality control, making sure that all finished good material is accounted for and in good condition
- Effectively present information in one-on-one
- Being a part of a transformation of the bourbon industry into an efficient and effective operation
- Experience in a heavy equipment/machinery related position and/or vocational training
- Previous experience in manufacturing and/or shop floor environement
- Previous tooling experience an asset
List of Typical Experience For a General Helper Resume
Experience for manufacturing general helper resume.
- Prepare surfaces of parts and assemblies prior to painting. Includes cleaning, sanding and masking
- Previous fork lift experience is helpful but not required
- Operate profile shears to cut sheets down to appropriate length
- Operate a forklift truck on occasion
- Operate hand tools
Experience For General Helper Trim Shop Resume
- Good Attendance, the ability to be on time and at work when scheduled
- Event Assistance Experience
- Responsible for keeping the machine fed with stock, printing dies, cutting dies, and ink as needed
- Prepare and paint tooling and production equipment including hand finishing
- Ensure the contents of bins are as designated (i.e. wood in wood bin, etc.) and ensure that overloading does not occur by emptying them regularly
- Responsible for extensive manual material handling to include hand stacking of steel zee, cees, channel, angle and eave struts in lengths up to 50 feet
- Responsible for hanging parts on a chain conveyor
Experience For General Helper Resume
- Responsible for dipping parts in a paint tank
- The use of Banding equipment, tape measure and hand tools are required
- Assists with meeting & event set up and coordination
- Assist with housekeeping and clean up operations
- Know if equipment is operating properly
- Set up tables and chairs for meeting and special events as needed
- Perform preventive and operating maintenance
- Manually load furnace according to process documentation
- Assist in the maintenance of a business culture which supports the company’s overall business objectives and goals
- Maintain Safe environment for ALL employees
- Be able to be on their feet in a fast pace environment for 8 to 10 hours a day
- Be able to lift 65 – 75 lbs
- Maintain shop productivity level and quality expectations
- Verbal and Written communication to supervision and co-workers such as picklists, forms, reports, workload requirements
- Use computer to print labels and report productivity
- Picks up waste and/or spills throughout plant in departments to which assigned
- Maintain clean and orderly conditions in the department and equipment
- Comply with Corporate and Plant EHS and Safety Guidelines
- Notifies department leadership of any machine/equipment problems for correction and repair
- Safety inspection/s: emergency showers & eyewash
- Safety inspection/s: monthly spill kits
- Clean offices, restrooms and main hallways when assigned by management
- Wash windows where needed (inside and out)
- Empty trash containers; wash down walls, etc. as instructed by management
- Keep inventory of supplies related to job
- Adhere to daily sanitation schedules
- Warehouse General Helper Job Responsibilities
- Use and operate some tools and machines such as hammer, nails, pry bars, rickers, lowerators, escalators, used barrel robotic loader, battery powered drill, etc
- Unload new barrel trailers
- Keep accurate “entry” log
- Accurately read and follow the “dump” plan
- Be able to physically perform all aspects of the position. This includes, but is not limited to
- Responsible to Empty trash and garbage containers
- Spot clean carpets, dust, clean windows, sweep and mop break rooms, etc
- Clean and disinfect water fountains, toilets, sinks, restrooms, and first air areas
- On occasion pick up parts at vendors
- Assembly of boxes & fabrication of wooden saddles
- Follows job safety and environmental requirements and communicates concerns to immediate supervisor
- Follows all Food Safety, 5S and ISO guidelines, policies and procedures
- Be able to work all shifts and overtime as needed
- Be able to physically lift 40 pounds on a frequent basis, and 60 pounds occasionally
- Separate and/or break down scrap materials / waste products and place in appropriate hoppers (i.e. cardboard, skids, blanks, steel shavings, other non-recycle, etc.)
- Understand work order packaging specifications
- Pass pre-screening
- Performs basic housekeeping tasks in support of machine operations; keeps work are clean and free from clutter and debris
- A comprehension level is required to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form and to deal with problems
- Flexible with working overtime and weekends when needed
- Uses the sewing machine to sew on the leader cloth at the start of rolls loom take-ups
- Remove the last roll of fabric, during the shift when the warp runs out
- When cloth roll is put into the carousel, takes the empty cloth rolls back to the storage rack for weaving
- Help with checking fixture set-up
- Spray powder for scanning panels on a daily basis
- Assist Operator with a thorough cleaning of work areas/fixtures, etc
List of Typical Skills For a General Helper Resume
Skills for manufacturing general helper resume.
- Related work experience
- Punctual and good attendance
- Previous Drill Press experience an asset
- Crane/Forklift experiences an asset
- Operates sub-basement clean-up pump and screw system
- Operates forklift truck as necessary. Inspects and maintains the equipment, checks the oil and water, belts, etc
- Operate machinery within safety guidelines and quality guidelines
- Adheres to and promotes quality, environmental, health and safety as one of the organization’s business priorities
- Demonstrated ability to add and subtract all units of measure, read and copy figures and count and record figures
Skills For General Helper Trim Shop Resume
- Good work history (verifiable)
- Crane/Forklift experience an asset, but not required
- Washing/cleaning of dies, floors, presses, work benches or other tooling equipment as required
- Assisting crew members and working in a team environment
- Keeping the facility clean by removing dust and debris from work areas
- Standing and walking 8-12 hrs every day
Skills For General Helper Resume
- Varying and extreme working conditions outside (Hot, Cold, Rain, Shine)
- Operating forklift and material handling equipment to retrieve materials
- Loading and unloading of decoilers
- Helping to achieve the productivity standards set for each day
- Understanding of SPC and quality systems
- Willing and able to change shifts when given short notice, (e.g. one day’s notice)
- Working as needed in different departments of the shop facility
- Reading customer orders and production schedules to determine correct product to be manufactured
- Operating portable saws to cut wood and/or metal to size
- Operating nail guns to crate material
- Assisting in other areas of the trim dept. as needed
- Rotating shift work
- Bundling of skylights
- Forming of ridge caps
- Helping as needed/requested
- Training to be a Loader I
- Pulling parts from a pick lists
- Perform sweeping, mopping and waxing floors; dusting and polishing woodwork, fixtures and equipment; washing windows, walls and lavatory within the facilities
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and/or vacuuming
- Monitors building security and safety by performing tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliances for hazards
- Perform tallying, stamping, sorting and re-oiling as required
- Responsible for operating metal working equipment, material handling and loading trucks
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating or ventilating equipment
- Responsible for packaging sheeting and trimming sheet metal materials
- Responsible for keeping the manufacturing facility, multi-function building, offices, and grounds clean and orderly
- Manual material handling, pushing & pulling trim tables
- Monitor building safety by performing such tasks as checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created
- Repetative material handling. Some in awkward body positioning
- Verbal communication with customers while loading and unloading material
- Responsible for Hemming, moving of finished materials to trucks with overhead crane and forklift
- Facility improvements- painting, cleaning
- Responsible for supplying glass to the bottling lines by way of conveyors or by hand truck
- Cleans snow and debris from sidewalks, shipping yards, and parking lots
- Place checking fixture for the next job in the scanning area for each job
- Ensure the contents of bins are as designated (i.e. wood in wood bin, etc) and ensure that overloading does not occur by emptying them regularly
- Maintain cleanliness of press areas including oil clean up, sweeping up steel or other misc. debris
- Responsible for moving and placement of sheet bundles using overhead cranes
- Utilize office equipment such as photocopier, printers etc. and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation and data entry
- Cleans windows, glass partitions and mirrors using water or other cleaners
- Uses hand tools, utility knives, staple guns, table saws, and punch presses in manufacturing processes
- Uses computer to report daily production and print shipping labels
- Work in other area’s when needed e.g. building maintenance, lift equipment and, grounds
- Repetative lifting of 75+ lbs throughout shift
- Work rotating shifts in a 24-hour operation
- Motivated, hardworking, and team focused!
- Focused on safety with a history of following safe work practices
- Position requires frequent manual material handling
- Manual material handling of 75 + lbs
- Responsible for package sheeting and trim materials
- Responsible to train and fill in on all positions within the department including temporary vacancies
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings/blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals is required
- Keep cap hopper on required bottling lines full. Make cap changes when necessary
- Handle cases, empty and full, weighting approximately 50 pounds, and wood pallets with an approximate weight of 70 pounds each
- This job consists of entry and removal of barrels from warehouse ricks which weigh between 450 lbs. and 520 lbs. using appropriate tools and machines
- General or specific cleaning and sanitation
- Perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and division
- Apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions
- Employ courtesy and tact in dealing with people
- Read different measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, protractor, micometer)
- Be able to read English with understanding and write legibly
- Be responsible for reviewing work orders for clip parts
List of Typical Responsibilities For a General Helper Resume
Responsibilities for manufacturing general helper resume.
- Dump hoppers into designated recycle/waste bins and ensure that overloading does not occur
- Responsible for positioning of sheetline buggies, both loaded and empty
- Responsible for the use of banding tools to band sheet bundles of finished product
- Transport dies using Forklift and die cart
- Place finished stampings into bins and rack during production runs
- Learn basics of Robotic tooling to set up components for automation
Responsibilities For General Helper Trim Shop Resume
- Perform various custodial tasks of exterior seating and patio areas
- Change air conditioner filters through the building
- Remove trash from the building and property to rolloff or compactor
- Empty trash cans Remove cardboard from building to recycle bailer
- Understand production releases, package summary, and package identification procedures
- Know how to recognize underlayment set up for different product scenarios
- Know how to use all hand tools and measurement devices associated with texture preparation and quality control
- Assist Toolmakers in production runs
Responsibilities For General Helper Resume
- Overtime is required. Night shift starts at 6 p.m
- Set up equipment necessary for production and keep lines supplied with all supplies which are necessary for the line's operation (gloves, tape, pot devins, ladders, carts, etc.)
- Accurately completes all assigned paperwork
- Keep all trash containers emptied
- Keep line supplied with appropriate materials for production (closures, capsules, labels, glue, glass, etc.)
- Responsible to the Operators for whichever function they are assigned to and functions as the machine supply liaison and setup assistant
- Give breaks to Operator(s) and Assistant(s) on machines as needed
- Responsible for certain aspects of quality assurance
- Work completed as assigned by the Supervisor and /or Machine Operator
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow directions
- Follow all safety rules and procedures; watch out for crew member’s safety at all times; always follow lock out tag and try procedures, Keep work are clean and free from clutter and debris; always use personal protective equipment
- Work experience in a similar environment
- Able to work 50-60 hrs a week M-S as needed
- Fills out piece tickets and makes barcode levels
- Cuts on and off loom take-ups
- Places the full cloth rolls in the carousel rack
- Machine set-up/ break down
- LMS bay cranes pre-start checks
- Responsible to keep QA area in a state of cleanliness
- Communicate necessary information to Lead hands & Supervisors and co-workers from shift to shift
- Audits inventory supply of lunchroom and bathroom areas to ensure proper replenishment
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables and chairs to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and special events
- Follows instructions of journeyman’s maintenance technicians instructions
- Provide support to production floor personnel where needed
- Move materials and supplies for department personnel
- Perform light mechanical assembly
- Read and understand SAFETY RULES & HOUSEKEEPING GUIDELINES
- Perform daily clean-up of area
- Read & use Factory Order Print Card, Kiwi
- Line ups to determine proper equipment settings
- Work from written and verbal instructions to lay out, assemble and install prefabricated sheet,tubular, machined, mechanical, and formed parts to build up sub assemblies and assemblies.
- Hand finish machined and other parts and assemblies to close tolerances, involving varied contours, holes, radii, angles and flanges
- Identify materials, parts and assemblies as required
- Stand and / or walk the entire duration of the assigned shift
- Comprehend and follow instructions, given by supervisor and / or manager
- Work from written and verbal instructions to lay out, assemble and install prefabricated sheet,tubular, machined, mechanical, and formed parts to build up subassemblies and assemblies.
- Prepare surfaces of parts and assemblies. Includes cleaning, sanding and masking
- Clean areas and spills as needed
- Move office equipment as needed
- High Diploma/GED required
- Production Line Operator
- THIS IS A DAY SHIFT
- THIS IS A NIGHT SHIFT
- Recognize part numbers to each component
- Separate and/or break down scrap materials / waste products and place in appropriate hoppers (i.e. cardboard, skids, blanks, steel shavings, other non-recycle, etc)
- Ensure product flow
- Use a hand dolly
- Use a barrel dolly
- Willingness to work flexible hours. Overtime and weekends as needed
Related to General Helper Resume Samples
Maintenance helper resume sample, production helper resume sample, welder helper resume sample, enterprise data office resume sample, director, office resume sample, room supervisor resume sample, resume builder.
General Helper Resume Samples
As a General Helper , the person will help the production worker in carrying out various tasks that need less skill. Such duties may include loading and unloading materials, supplying tools and materials, cleaning the work area and moving materials from one place to another. The other daily activities are listed on the General Helper Resume as follows – loading parts, tools, and materials, reporting about any faulty products or items to higher authorities, notifying management of shipment arrivals, cleaning and maintaining work areas , stocking supplies, and providing assistance to everyday processes.
The obtain this position, the following skills will be useful – knowledge of operating mechanical equipment, familiarity with repairing and maintaining locomotives; demonstrable abilities in holding heavyweights, and comprehensive knowledge of using hand tools and cleaning equipment. Formal education is not a must.
- Resume Samples
- General Helper
General Helper Resume
Headline : Assisting with maintaining general cleanliness and sterility of laboratory space, common areas, equipment, and supplies, replenish solutions and buffers. Following all rules and regulations pertaining to safety and Dupure's policies.
Skills : Forklift Operator, Microsoft Office Programs, and Excellent communication skills.
- Safety Precaution Set up and Dismantle Clean up Take inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Cleaning, errands, and packing merchandise, greeting costumers, distribution of materials, driving to a customer's location or supplier's location.
- Stock the merchandise, operate the cash register, take phone calls and provide customer service.
- Supply the work line with cases and bottles, kept factory clean by picking up empty boxes and emptying bad products at the Jim Beam facility.
- Assisted in the building of stands for tubing.
- Documented daily equipment inspections and submitted daily inspection forms to the supervisor.
- Performed daily maintenance and cleaning to buses and maintained vehicles and heavy equipment by checking fluids and proper coolant levels.
Sr. General Helper Resume
Headline : Served as the primary point of contact for both in-house and external phone and website queries. As a Customer Representative with more than 10 years experience supplied thoroughly and organized administrative support to 3 senior executives.
Skills : Terminal Digit Filing, Copying, Filing, Faxing, Customer Service, MS Word, Windows.
- Examined product to verify conformance to company standards.
- Counted finished products to determine the completion of a production order.
- Placed product in equipment and on worksurface for further processing, inspecting, and wrapping.
- Broke up defective products for reprocessing.
- Loaded and unloaded items from machines, conveyors, and conveyance.
- Designed, developed and implemented date code on the product label to ensure employees would have more time for daily duties and cost-effective due to company no longer purchasing ink pads and stampers.
- Pallet building Covering Units at the end of the assembly process Labeling/ Mimic Bus Wrapping and securing units for final shipping.
Jr. General Helper Resume
Summary : Motivated about an opportunity to develop new skills, build real-life experience and be a valuable part of a focused, hard-working team. Examine plumbing system to determine what fittings and materials are needed.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Operate the brake press machines to bend metal to specific pitches.
- Operate cut to length machine to cut coils down to sheets.
- Help with any other tasks that are needed.
- Use the overhead crane to move coils and bundles to the staging area.
- Use forklift to load and unload products and materials around the plant.
- Assist coworkers on jobs, clean, worked as fast but efficiently on getting jobs done on time for the customers.
- Responsible for sawing pre-rolled angle iron beams for the production of connector rings for ventilation ducts.
- Responsible for operating the auto-welding machine and the hole press punch machine.
General Helper III Resume
Summary : Maintained high voltage substations and electrical installations in clean and well maintained condition. Understand basic hydraulic, pneumatics, AC, DC, 1 and 3 phase circuits, from Understands generator principles, control theory, drive and coupling alignment, as well as, Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment plus, systems purging.
Skills : Accounting, Security, Customer Service.
- Supplier for printed shirts, jerseys, and jackets for four different sporting goods stores.
- Processed orders, designed graphics, cleaned screens.
- Ordered garments for each project and prepared materials for each job.
- Coordinated artwork including player names and numbers with jerseys and shirts for printing.
- Production: Operated printing press to produce logo notepads, invoices, and forms.
- Shipped out finished products and received a product that was to be used for orders.
- Postproduction and Delivery: Folded garments and packed them for delivery or customer pick-up.
General Helper II Resume
Summary : Responsible to train and fill in on all positions within the department including temporary vacancies. Operates sub-basement clean-up pump and screw system.
Skills : Welding, Machine Operator, 10-Key, Word, Mechanic, Production.
- Able to read and understand drawings and safe charts.
- Analyze, plan, organize, and coordinate daily project activities.
- Provide supervision and technical support to contract personnel.
- Determine and prepare material requisitions for approval.
- Plan and layout work in accordance with customer requirements.
- Produce an acceptable amount of accurate, neat, and reliable work that the job requires, in a timely and above all safe manner.
- Able to fabricate tray and supports, run multi-group tubing, breakout panels, troubleshoot and repair panels and end devices.
Objective : Physically fit laborer effective at completing difficult projects and tasks on schedule. Consistently follows through with all orders and instructions. Works well in a team setting. Dependable and hard-working with more than 8 months in the construction industry. Thrives in a fast-paced environment and works to complete projects quickly and efficiently.
Skills : Construction Helper, General Mechanic.
- Painted walls, exteriors and interiors of buildings and furniture using brushes, rollers and spray guns.
- Arranged and stored materials, machines, tools and equipment.
- Applied paint to unfinished edges of plastic panels using a hand roller.
- Continually cleaned work areas and equipment.
- Used grouting trowels to apply grout between joints of bricks and tiles.
- Performed heavy labor such as hauling and other misc.
- Mixed mortar, plaster, and grout according to standard formulas.
- Demolishing inner and outer parts of homes.
General Helper I Resume
Objective : Ambitious student with excellent research, organizational and problem solving skills. Completing final coursework in business administration. Seeks to apply business skills and passion for bettering a company.
Skills : Worker, Mechanic, Operator.
- Performed trim work around buildings and cement slabs using weed-eaters and edgers.
- Cleaned the shop floor by sweeping and picking up trash.
- Maintained company property by picking up trash and lawn care.
- Painted lines on school football and baseball fields.
- Cleaned and maintained lawn-care equipment.
- Operating brake presses and punch presses.
- Swept and mopped floors, assisted patrons helped clean and organize stations.
General Helper/Worker Resume
Headline : Over 20 years of experience, as a Production Assembler and as a General Helper in industries including Wholesale Trade-Durable Goods, Construction Special Trade Contractors and Business Services.
Skills : Forklift Operator, Worker.
- Operated machinery used in the production process.
- Examined products to verify they met quality standards.
- Loaded and unloaded items from machines or conveyors.
- Mainly responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting water lines for the city.
- Prepare and install piping for water and sewer lines throughout the city.
- Installed water and sewer taps.
- General maintenance helper for department. Responsible for general maintenance for all schools.
General Helper/Supervisor Resume
Headline : Maintaining company vehicles, tools, and equipment in good condition Communicating in a positive manner with customers and maintaining positive public relations.
Skills : Assemble motor parts, Quick learner.
- Operate forklift ranging from 5,000 to 30,000 Lbs.
- Layout floor plans for transmission gear cutting machinery.
- Spotting for forklift operators to prevent accidents in a crowded plan.
- Unloading trucks with heavy machinery inside.
- Uncrating materials and heavy machinery to be set up.
- Operating chainsaw for the disposal of the wood casing from machinery.
- Responsible for maintaining correct order in staging lanes.
- Collected waiver signatures for liability purposes.
Headline : Industrious, methodical professional with 5+ years' hands-on experience as a painter, groundskeeper, and construction worker. Remarkable expertise in preparing, painting, polishing, coating and finishing materials made of concrete, wood, brick, and steel. Proven ability to mix, match, and blend different paints.
Skills : Typing, Photography, Leadership Development, Photoshop.
- Clean offices, meeting chambers and recreational facilities.
- Dust all furniture and fixtures as required.
- Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, hand dryers, and fixtures.
- Replenish toilet tissue and soap as needed.
- Finish and tumble parts. Load stock on to pallets for pallet echo line.
- Break out big lift drivers, clean up sawdust and shavings into hoppers.
- Responsible for production.
Table of Contents
Recent posts, download this pdf template., creating an account is free and takes five seconds. you'll get access to the pdf version of this resume template., choose an option., unlock the power of over 10,000 resume samples., take your job search to the next level with our extensive collection of 10,000+ resume samples. find inspiration for your own resume and gain a competitive edge in your job search., get hired faster with resume assistant., make your resume shine with our resume assistant. you'll receive a real-time score as you edit, helping you to optimize your skills, experience, and achievements for the role you want., get noticed with resume templates that beat the ats., get past the resume screeners with ease using our optimized templates. our professional designs are tailored to beat the ats and help you land your dream job..
- Jobs Near Me
- Remote Jobs
- Full Time Jobs
- Part Time Jobs
- Entry Level Jobs
- Work From Home Jobs
Find Specific Jobs
- $15 Per Hour Jobs
- $20 Per Hour Jobs
- Hiring Immediately Jobs
- High School Jobs
- H1b Visa Jobs
- Business And Financial
- Architecture And Engineering
- Computer And Mathematical
- What They Do
- Best Companies
- Health Care
- Fortune 500
- CEO And Executies
- Resume Builder
- Career Advice
- Explore Majors
- Questions And Answers
- Interview Questions
Helper resume examples for 2023
- Career Path
- Job Description
- How To Hire
- Best States
- Best Cities
- Job Outlook
Helper resume research summary. We analyzed 17,779 helper resumes to determine which ones land the most jobs. Below you'll find example accountant resumes that can help you get an interview (and a job offer) from companies like UPS and Waste Management. Here are the key facts about helper resumes to help you get the job:
- The average helper resume is 183 words long
- The average helper resume is 0.4 pages long based on 450 words per page.
- Food handling is the most common skill found on resume samples for helpers. It appears on 24.0% of helper resumes.
After learning about how to write a professional resume for a helper, make sure your resume checks all the boxes with our AI resume builder .
Helper resume example
How to format your helper resume:.
- The job title on your resume should match your application for the role.
- Ensure your work experience focuses on achievements, rather than responsibilities.
- Recruiters and hiring managers suggest fitting your resume on one page.
Choose from 10+ customizable helper resume templates
Choose from a variety of easy-to-use helper resume templates and get expert advice from Zippia’s AI resume writer along the way. Using pre-approved templates, you can rest assured that the structure and format of your helper resume is top notch. Choose a template with the colors, fonts & text sizes that are appropriate for your industry.
Helper resume format and sections
1. add contact information to your helper resume.
Your name should be the biggest text on the page and be at or near the top of the document.
Your address doesn't need to include your street name or house number - listing your city and state works just fine.
Your email address should be professional, but not your current work email address. It's not a good look to use your work email for personal projects (job-searching).
Your social media can be included if you have a fully-fledged LinkedIn page or another social media page that showcases your relevant skill set .
Helper Resume Contact Information Example # 1
Hank Rutherford Hill
St. Arlen, Texas | 333-111-2222 | [email protected]
2. Add relevant education to your helper resume
- The name of your school
- The date you graduated ( Month, Year or Year are both appropriate)
- The name of your degree
- Academic awards (Dean's List, Latin honors, etc. )
- GPA (if you're a recent graduate and your GPA was 3.5+)
- Extra certifications
- Academic projects (thesis, dissertation, etc.)
- If you're a recent graduate, you might opt to place your education section above your experience section
- The more work experience you get, the shorter your education section should be
- List your education in reverse chronological order, with your most recent and high-ranking degrees first
- If you haven't graduated yet, you can include "Expected graduation date" to the entry for that school
Helper Resume Relevant Education Example # 1
High School Diploma 2003 - 2005
Helper Resume Relevant Education Example # 2
High School Diploma 2014 - 2016
3. Next, create a helper skills section on your resume
- Include 6-12 skills, in bullet point form
- List mostly hard skills ; soft skills are hard to test
- Emphasize the skills that are most important for the job
Soft skills are also valuable, as they're highly transferable and make you a great person to work alongside, but they're impossible to prove on a resume.
Example of skills to include on an helper resume
Safety Procedures Skills
Safety procedures are a set of standardized procedures, that ensures minimal to no risk to people, resources, and the work environment . A company follows the step-by-step safety procedures as it they not only keep the customers and the employees safe, but also help in avoiding legal claims.
Safety Rules Skills
Principles or regulations that ensure the protection of people, objects, or the environment are called safety rules. These rules can be governing actions, devices, or procedures that help in minimizing the risks of loss, injury, or damage.
Construction Sites Skills
A piece of land where constructional activities are to be conducted is termed as a construction site.
Physical Labor Skills
Physical labor refers to the tangible stress placed on human bodies.
Windows is a chain of operating systems that controls a computer and is developed by Microsoft. Every version of Windows consists of GUI (graphical user interface), with a desktop that allows the user to open their files.
Manual Labor Skills
Any kind of work that is carried out by workers manually instead of using machines is termed manual labor.
Tape Measure Skills
A tape measure is a thin, flexible strip of plastic or metal that can be rolled up when it is not being used. The tape measure has numbers marked on it linearly which is used for measuring length.
Top Skills for a Helper
- Food Handling , 24.0%
- Safety Procedures , 11.7%
- Safety Rules , 6.7%
- Construction Sites , 6.6%
- Other Skills , 51.0%
4. List your helper experience
The most important part of any resume for a helper is the experience section. Recruiters and hiring managers expect to see your experience listed in reverse chronological order, meaning that you should begin with your most recent experience and then work backwards.
Don't just list your job duties below each job entry. Instead, make sure most of your bullet points discuss impressive achievements from your past positions. Whenever you can, use numbers to contextualize your accomplishments for the hiring manager reading your resume.
It's okay if you can't include exact percentages or dollar figures. There's a big difference even between saying "Managed a team of helpers" and "Managed a team of 6 helpers over a 9-month project. "
Most importantly, make sure that the experience you include is relevant to the job you're applying for. Use the job description to ensure that each bullet point on your resume is appropriate and helpful.
- Filled metal containers with R-134a and R-22 freon to be shipped to customers from the Honeywell plant in Baton Rouge.
- Helped cleansed up for welders, and Tag line.
- pulled leads for the welders and cords for the crew on the job.
- Provided assistance to welders as needed.
- Filled out JSA's, made sure permits were filled out correctly and the proper personnel signed in.
- Finished Carpenter/Architectural millwork Installer Installed commercial millwork including cabinets, doors, windows, trim, wall panels, etc.
- Utilized different types of equipment as in handsaws, knives, tape measures, and scissors.
- Prepared surfaces to be painted by sanding surfaces between coats of paint and primer.
- Teamed up with HVAC technicians for installing and managing cooling and heating systems.
- Started up numerous HVAC split systems.
- Assisted with the cleaning and stocking of dishes.
- Examined doors, car windows, and gates to ensure that they were secure.
- Perrformed demolition work in office building and hotels and in a high school.
- Performed general labor on construction sites, such as, shoveling rocks , gravel, sand etc.
- Demonstrated workplace interest and curiosity.
- Painted interiors and exteriors of remodeled residences Installed and plumbed sinks
- Helped with digging,building,use of tools
- Strengthened job site safety by adhering to company and OSHA standards.
- Assisted in demolition of inner frames of reconstruction housing.
- Helped welders on pipeline and helped the other labor hands get the pipeline ready ditches got welders supply's etc
5. Highlight helper certifications on your resume
Specific helper certifications can be a powerful tool to show employers you've developed the appropriate skills.
If you have any of these certifications, make sure to put them on your helper resume:
- OSHA Safety Certificate
- EPA Amusement Operators Safety Certification (EPA)
- Certified Welding Engineer
- Certified Healthcare Safety Professional - Fire Safety Management (CHSP-FSM)
- Associate Constructor (AC)
6. Finally, add an helper resume summary or objective statement
A resume summary statement consists of 1-3 sentences at the top of your helper resume that quickly summarizes who you are and what you have to offer. The summary statement should include your job title, years of experience (if it's 3+), and an impressive accomplishment, if you have space for it.
Remember to emphasize skills and experiences that feature in the job description.
And If You’re Looking for a Job, Here Are the Five Top Employers Hiring Now:
- UPS Jobs (249)
- Waste Connections Jobs (23)
- International Paper Jobs (58)
- Waste Management Jobs (217)
- FedEx Jobs (101)
Common helper resume skills
- Food Handling
- Safety Procedures
- Safety Rules
- Construction Sites
- Physical Labor
- Pallet Jack
- Manual Labor
- Tape Measure
- General Construction
- Load Trucks
- Safety Regulations
- Power Drills
- Hazardous Materials
- General Maintenance
- Steel Toe Boots
- Building Materials
- Snow Removal
- Cement Mixers
- Physical Stamina
Links to help optimize your helper resume.
- How To Write A Resume
- List Of Skills For Your Resume
- How To Write A Resume Summary Statement
- Action Words For Your Resume
- How To List References On Your Resume
Helper Related Resumes
- Carpenter Helper Resume
- Construction Helper Resume
- Delivery Helper Resume
- Electrical Helper Resume
- Electrician Helper Resume
- General Helper Resume
- Installation Helper Resume
- Kitchen Helper Resume
- Maintenance Helper Resume
- Mechanic Helper Resume
- Mover Helper Resume
- Painter Helper Resume
- Plumber Helper Resume
- Seasonal Helper Resume
- Shop Helper Resume
Helper Related Careers
- Carpenter Helper
- Construction Helper
- Delivery Helper
- Electrical Helper
- Electrician Helper
- General Helper
- Installation Helper
- Journeyman Ironworker
- Kitchen Helper
- Maintenance Helper
- Marine Pipefitter Helper
- Mechanic Helper
- Mover Helper
- Painter Helper
Helper Related Jobs
Helper jobs by location.
- Helper Clayton
- Helper Clermont
- Helper Colorado Springs
- Helper Encinitas
- Helper Federal Way
- Helper Minneapolis
- Helper Ontario
- Helper Roswell
- Helper San Diego
- Helper Shorewood
- Helper Smyrna
- Helper Tulsa
- Helper Van Wert
- Helper Virginia Beach
- Helper Zephyrhills
- Zippia Careers
- Construction and Extraction Industry
- Helper Resume
- General Helper
5 Amazing general helper Resume Examples (Updated 2023) + Skills & Job Descriptions
Build your resume in 15 minutes, general helper: resume samples & writing guide, nathan adams, employment history.
- Organize and store materials
- Perform general administrative duties
- Provide customer service
- Assist with data entry
- Follow safety protocols
- Assist with inventory management
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs
Do you already have a resume? Use our PDF converter and edit your resume.
- Follow instructions from supervisors
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Clean and maintain work areas
- Load and unload materials
- Assist with general tasks as needed
- Prepare and package materials
- Move and handle equipment and supplies
- Operate machinery and equipment
Not in love with this template? Browse our full library of resume templates
Table of Content
- Resume Samples & Writing Guide
- Resume Example 1
- Resume Example 2
- Resume Example 3
- Resume Example 4
- Resume Example 5
- Jobs Description
- Jobs Skills
- Technical Skills
- Soft Skills
- How to Improve Your Resume
- How to Optimize Your Resume
- Cover Letter Example
general helper Job Descriptions; Explained
If you're applying for an general helper position, it's important to tailor your resume to the specific job requirements in order to differentiate yourself from other candidates. Including accurate and relevant information that directly aligns with the job description can greatly increase your chances of securing an interview with potential employers. When crafting your resume, be sure to use action verbs and a clear, concise format to highlight your relevant skills and experience. Remember, the job description is your first opportunity to make an impression on recruiters, so pay close attention to the details and make sure you're presenting yourself in the best possible light.
general helper / assistant manager
- Operating the till system and balancing daily
- Answering telephone calls, make bookings and taking messages
- Assisting with ordering supplies
- Making sure delivery orders have been correctly delivered and charged for
- Serving customers in a pleasant and courteous manner
- Assisting with preparation of food and beverages
- Assisting the Chest and Barista
- Cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces.
- Client interaction, directing them around a large facility.
- Maintaining inventory, helping with unloading groceries.
- Ensuring all health and safety regulations quality standards are maintained.
- Restocking beverages, sandwiches, desserts, condiments.
- Cleaning and kitchen and dinning room areas.
- Pots dishes, glasses, etc.
- Accept delivered packages and ensure proper amount is inside.
- Stock shelves with unpacked items.
- Capturing invoices on Quick books
- Organisation outside and inside of the cafe
- Preparing home made sauces
- Hands-on training of staff members
- Deep cleaning as required.
- Operated a variety of hand tool.
- Load, transport and unload materials.
- Maintained working area and equipment in clean, safe and operable conditions.
- Informed supervisor of repairs that were needed in the facility.
- Performed small mechanical repairs/duties.
- Performed manual labor tasks and other duties as assigned by the Facilities and Maintenance Manager.
general helper / assistant manager Job Skills
For an general helper / assistant manager position, your job skills are a key factor in demonstrating your value to the company and showing recruiters that you're the ight fit for the role. It's important to be specific when highlighting your skills and ensure that they are directly aligned with the job requirements, as this can greatly improve your chances of being hired. By showcasing your relevant skills and experience, you can make a compelling case for why you're the best candidate for the job.
How to include technical skills in your resume:
Technical skills are a set of specialized abilities and knowledge required to perform a particular job effectively. Some examples of technical skills are data analysis, project management, software proficiency, and programming languages, to name a few. Add the technical skills that will get hired in your career field with our simple-to-use resume builder. Select your desired resume template, once you reach the skills section of the builder, manually write in the skill or simply click on "Add more skills". This will automatically generate the best skills for your career field, choose your skill level, and hit "Save & Next."
- Data Analysis
- Computer Literacy
- Technical Writing
- Spreadsheet Creation
- Database Management
- Quality Assurance
- System Administration
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Software Installation
- Operating Systems
- Graphic Design
- Word Processing
How to include soft skills in your resume:
Soft skills are non-technical skills that relate to how you work and that can be used in any job. Including soft skills such as time management, creative thinking, teamwork, and conflict resolution demonstrate your problem-solving abilities and show that you navigate challenges and changes in the workplace efficiently. Add competitive soft skills to make your resume stand-out to recruiters! Simply select your preferred resume template in the skills section, enter the skills manually or use the "Add more skills" option. Our resume builder will generate the most relevant soft skills for your career path. Choose your proficiency level for each skill, and then click "Save & Next" to proceed to the next section.
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
- Public Speaking
- Conflict Resolution
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Project Management
- Written Communication
- Social Media
- Risk Management
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Process Improvement
- Relationship Management.
How to Improve Your general helper / assistant manager Resume
Navigating resume pitfalls can mean the difference between landing an interview or not. Missing job descriptions or unexplained work history gaps can cause recruiters to hesitate. Let's not even talk about the impact of bad grammar, and forgetting your contact info could leave your potential employer hanging. Aim to be comprehensive, concise, and accurate.
Include your Contact Information and Job Descriptions
Missing job descriptions lessens your chances of getting hired..
- Employers want to know what you've accomplished, so make sure to include descriptions for all of your previous jobs.
- Keep job descriptions short but don't just list your jobs.
- Never copy-paste a job description to post on your resume. Get inspired and use tools to help you write customized descriptions.
How to Optimize Your general helper / assistant manager Resume
Keep an eye out for these resume traps. Neglecting to detail your job roles or explain gaps in your career can lead to unnecessary doubts. Grammar blunders can reflect negatively on you, and without contact information, how can employers reach you? Be meticulous and complete.
- Move and handle equipement and suppliees
- Organisee and storee materialls
- Loadd and unloade materialls
- Assist with inventory managment
- Perform generall administrative duties
- Perform basic maintenence and repair's
- Folllow safety protocols
- Folllow instructions from supervisors
- Troubleshoot and resolv issues
Correct Grammar and Address Gap Years in Your Resume
Don't leave unexplained gaps in your work history..
- When explaining gaps in your employment section, start by being honest.
- Elaborate on the gap and show that you never stopped learning.
- Explain and elaborate any gap in your work history by highlighting new skills.
general helper / assistant manager Cover Letter Example
A cover letter can be a valuable addition to your job application when applying for an general helper / assistant manager position. Cover letters provide a concise summary of your qualifications, skills, and experience, also it also gives you an opportunity to explain why you're the best fit for the job. Crafting a cover letter that showcases your relevant experience and enthusiasm for the Accounts Payable role can significantly improve your chances of securing an interview.
Dear Hiring Committee
I am excited to apply for the Senior General Helper position at AT&T. As a highly skilled General Helper with 10 years of experience in the field, I am confident that I can contribute significantly to your organization.
Throughout my life, I have pursued my passion for Resource Allocation and sought out opportunities to learn and grow. My experience in the field has given me valuable skills such as Creativity and Supervisory that have allowed me to improve professionally and personally. I am excited to bring these skills and my passion as a General Helper to the position and work with a team of like-minded individuals to achieve our common goals.
Thank you for considering my application for the Senior General Helper position. I hope you will allow me to show you what I am capable of bringing to your organization and how we can work together to make an impact on the industry.
Showcase your most significant accomplishments and qualifications with this cover letter. Personalize this cover letter in just few minutes with our user-friendly tool!
Related Resumes & Cover Letters
Looking to explore other career options within the Other field?
Check out our other resume of resume examples.
- Translator Resume
- Program Manager Resume
- Project Analyst Resume
- Risk Manager Resume
- Hvac Resume
- Operations Specialist Resume
- Gardener Resume
- Surveyor Resume
- Chemist Resume
- Director Of Communications Resume
- Event Planner Resume
FIND EVERYTHING YOU NEED HERE.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, WE HAVE ANSWERS.
4 Ways a Career Test Can Jump-Start Your Future (and Help Your Resume)
If you’re looking for a fresh path or a new passion, a career test could help you find it. You can take these tests online, in the comfort of your...
Avoid These 3 Resume Mistakes at All Costs
Your resume is your first impression for a prospective employer. The way you present yourself in that little document can make or break you – it can clinch you an...
Resume Design Tips and Tricks
Creating a resume that stands out from the rest doesn’t have to be rocket science. With just a few tips and tricks, you can make your professional resume a shining...
Build your Resume in 15 minutes
- Resume Experts
- Search Jobs
- Search for Talent
- Employer Branding
- Resume Samples
- Receptionist and Secretary
General Helper Resume Samples
The guide to resume tailoring.
Guide the recruiter to the conclusion that you are the best candidate for the general helper job. It’s actually very simple. Tailor your resume by picking relevant responsibilities from the examples below and then add your accomplishments. This way, you can position yourself in the best way to get hired.
Craft your perfect resume by picking job responsibilities written by professional recruiters
Pick from the thousands of curated job responsibilities used by the leading companies, tailor your resume & cover letter with wording that best fits for each job you apply.
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
- Work hours: 4:00pm - 12:30 am with 30 minute lunch
- Perform duties Safely in accordance with job instructions
- Maintain clean work environment in full compliance with company, customer and government regulations
- Work from instructions. Reading customer orders and production schedules to determine correct product to be manufactured
- Responsible for assisting in different departments of the shop facility
- Assist with operations at the assembly, molds, laminating or bundling station as directed
- Package or assist in packaging parts, materials, and equipment for storage or customer delivery
- Ensure that all components have been accepted and correspond to the assembly work order and blueprint
- Keep all parts identified and properly organized in such a way as to avoid mixing
- Ensure manufacturing area is cleaned and organized according to 5s
- Responsible for sampling parts during the assembly operation, to ensure parts meet blueprint specifications
- Knowledge of how to load and unload machines
- Communicate necessary information to Leadhands and co-workers from shift to shift
- Assist machine set-up
- Responsible for packaging sheeting and trimming materials
- Responsible for hemming and moving finished materials to loading trucks
- Commitment to safe work practices. DBCI has a culture committed to keeping our employees working safe and injury free
- Assist Machinists through cleaning of work areas/ milling machines/ equipment/ dies, etc
- Perform a variety of operations within group to maintain flow of work. Notify supervisor of unusual operating problems
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform other related duties as assigned
- Performs general cleanup such as sweeping, removing various waste, cleaning shop and office areas, fixtures, equipment, washrooms and lunchrooms
- Ability to learn basic computer skills
- Ability to follow and comprehend verbal and written instructions as well as ability to present information in both verbal and written form
- Ability to work well in a diverse and team environment
- Responsible for applicable QEMS policies, procedures & work instructions
- Able to operate a variety of hand tools and machines
- Machine set-up
- Complete tasks and assignments as assigned, including material handling with crane and forklift
- Responsible to carry out duties for Health, Safety, and Environment in accordance with the HS&E Agreement for Employees - Addendum
- Shop Floor Environment
14 General Helper resume templates
Read our complete resume writing guides
How to tailor your resume, how to make a resume, how to mention achievements, work experience in resume, 50+ skills to put on a resume, how and why put hobbies, top 22 fonts for your resume, 50 best resume tips, 200+ action words to use, internship resume, killer resume summary, write a resume objective, what to put on a resume, how long should a resume be, the best resume format, how to list education, cv vs. resume: the difference, include contact information, resume format pdf vs word, how to write a student resume, general helper resume examples & samples.
- Place next job in staging area for each machine
- Fill up oil and maintain coolant levels in machines on daily basis
- Responsible to keep machine shop in a state of cleanliness
- Empty waste oil bins on daily basis
- Responsible to carry out duties for Health, Safety, and Environment in accordance with the HS&E Agreement for Employees - Addendum
- Perform other reasonable duties as required
- Grade 12 education required
- Previous shop experience an asset
- Crane/Forklift experience an asset
- Good communication skills, attendance and performance required
- Basic or better computer literacy - required
- High School diploma or equivalent required - required
- Fluency in both written and verbal English language - required
- Able to lift and carry at least 30 pounds - required
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time - required
- Experience working with children - preferred
- Safely, operating machinery
- The ability to practice housekeeping
- Reading factory orders
- Utilizing basic shop math such as accurately reading tape measures, gauges and other testing equipment
- Consistent quality and count inspection of a product
- Accurately completing quality and administrative document checks to ensure specific directions are followed
- Candidates must have the ability to work overtime as needed
- Basic knowledge of mechanical equipment
- Familiar with common hand tools
- Able or willing to learn to drive lift equipment
- Documentation of: repairs, parts used and, time completing tasks in ANF maintenance data base
- Basic knowledge of PC’s
- Must be able to work 6 am to 6 pm Saturday- Monday
- Willing to work over time when needed including coming in early or staying late
- Ability to work in other area’s when needed e.g. building maintenance, lift equipment and, grounds
Manufacturing General Helper Resume Examples & Samples
- Follow department rules, procedures, routines, and requirements to complete assigned duties
- Three months of work experience. Preferably manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Ability to work overtime and weekends
- At least one (1) year of experience working within a manufacturing, industrial, military OR operating heavy equipment
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to change shifts when given short notice, (e.g. one day’s notice)
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
- Two (2) years or more of manufacturing experience
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience in lumber or wood products
- At least six (6) months of experience in manufacturing, farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, warehouse, or military environment
- Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
- 2 years of manufacturing experience
- Perform miscellaneous direct and indirect duties (remove burrs, sharp edges, and defects, use various saws, etc)
- Lubricate, hand clean parts, assemblies, and materials and production equipment
- Maintain good housekeeping in office, factory and ground area
- Assist other employees in assigned tasks
- Move furniture and other equipment incidental to the work as assigned
- Performs daily maintenance and minor machine repairs
- Load and unload parts and material in boxes, racks, baskets, and conveyor utilizing forklifts, cranes and hoists as required
- Ensure proper safety procedure is followed within the team environment
- Assist in the maintenance of a business culture which supports the company’s overall business objectives and goals
- Trains other employees as required
- High School diploma or GED certificate or equivalent in experience
- Six months related experience preferred
- Sets up and utilizes air-operated stripping tool
- Removes scrap board from die-cut sheets
- Deposits scrap in baler
- Stacks die-cut blanks on skids for gluer operations
- Exercises care in stacking carton blanks on skids to prevent carton mix-ups
- Pushes out internal scrap from cut blanks when necessary, using die hammer and wood punches
- Operates and maintains power baler to compress scrap board and paper into bales
- Operates pallet jack to move skidded stock into position for stripping
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid forklift operator license
- Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, procedures and work instructions
- Must have steel toe boots
- Must read a tape measure
- Must be able to pass Drug screen and background check
- Must pass a pre-hire assessment test
- Good attitude
- Flexible with either working day or night shifts and weekends if needed
- Read a tape
- Mechanically inclined
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to lift/push up to 65lbs
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Maintain work area clean and organized
- Follow all company and safety rules and policies
- Must be mechanically inclined and use hand tools when needed
- Must pass background and drug screen
- Able to stand and walk 10hrs day and lift 80lbs regularly
- Able to work in non-climate controlled environment (hot, cold, rain, etc)
- Must be able to read/write and use tape measure
- Must be able to use computer for general production reporting
- Able to work overtime as needed in Afternoon and Saturdays
- 1 year Manufacturing Experience a plus
- Able to MIG weld is a plus
- Forklift experience a plus
- We offer Paid Safety Training
- We have a great Safety Recognition Program
- We have a Rich Employee referral program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Excellent Benefits (75% Company paid Health Insurance)
- Forbes Top 100 US Most Trustworthy Companies in 2015
- Feed or place items onto equipment for processing. Load and unload items from machines, carts and conveyors. Clean and visually inspect final insulated metal panels. Scrape waste material from machine. repeats processes to build molds to specified requirements
- Measure product to ensure proper length using a tape measure and interpret decimals and fractions when required. Read and interpret gauges. Record data
- Verbal and written communication to supervision and co-workers such as forms, reports, workload requirements
- Dependable work ethic with positive attitude
- Able to read/write and read tape measure (pre-employment testing)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work overtime hours
- Background in manufacturing with overhead crane and forklift experience a plus
- 1st and 2nd shifts available
- 5:00 am - 4:30 pm
- 4:30 pm - 4:30 am
- Operate a forklift/side loader- this can require the employee to climb on and off of a forklift multiple times during the shift
- Operate a strapping machine- hand held piece of equipment used to secure product to a skid/pallet
- Operate a overhead crane- All of our cranes are operated by the use of a remote control
- Material handling- the filling of orders requires an employee to manually move material onto a skid/pallet or create a bundle for shipment to customer
- Perform quality inspections- these inspections range from visually inspecting material while processing to performing dimensional checks of the material with certified measuring equipment
- Computer/Date entry
- All employees are required to wear PPE which consists of hardhat, Kevlar sleeves, cut resistant gloves, Safety boots, eye protection and hearing protection where needed
- Keep areas clean and organized
- Complete assignments as directed
- See supervisor after all assignments have been completed for further direction
- Duties will require the use of and overhead crane and forklift
- Must have willingness to work flexible shifts. Day or night shifts, weekends as needed
- Night shift offers a $1.00 per hour shift difference
- Keep work area(s) Safe and Productive
- Fill in for absent positions as qualified, excluding maintenance, as needed on a daily basis
- Assemble material for shipment or machines in accordance with specifications and instructions on orders
- Select material from specific heats or for physical condition in accordance with instructions on orders
- Count, weigh, record heat or test numbers or symbols, list random lengths and other necessary information on orders as required
- Unload and receive material, weights, counts, check sizes. Identify by color and heat or test numbers. Place into stock racks or designated areas. Record necessary information on receiving tickets or other documents
- Perform tallying, stamping, sorting and recoiling as required
- Maintain safety, quality and productivity standards of each job assignment
- Assist the operators in conduct the shop processes
- Loads and unloads materials, parts, or products onto or from pallets, skids, conveyors, or trucks
- Transport aircraft/aerospace parts to various designated work areas for processing
- Assist operators in conducting the various shop processes, such as, racking parts, washing parts, striping masking, drill work holes in raw stock, clean the various hardware such as hooks, chains, shackles, placing tooling on parts
- Lifts metal part or stock onto machine and secures it on machine table, in chuck, or holding fixture to assist in setting up machine
- Read traveler or work instructions necessary to assist in operational process
- 1885 N. Batavia Street
- Must be able to complete a satisfactory background and drug screen
- Min. 1yr experience in Manufacturing, Mig spot welding, machine operator and/or press brake experience is preferred
- Must be energetic, ready to work in a fast pace environment
- Must be a self - starter
- Able to read/ write and read tape measure
- Able to lift 75+ pounds routinely and daily with proper lifting technique
- Must be able to stand/walk/lift/carry 8-12hr day
- Spanish is a plus but not required
- Must be able to work in extreme hot, cold, wet weather when seasons change. Indoor non-climate controlled environment
- Able to work overtime in afternoons and weekends as required
- Work from instructions. Add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers, including decimals and fractions, where interpretation is required
- Move boards from conveyor after slicing operation, tape bundles, place into plastic bags and move to designated storage area
- Perform duties such as cleaning up work areas, equipment, building and grounds, collecting debris and removing reject materials, other duties as deemed necessary by Leadman
- Perform or assist with any department operations as required or directed to maintain work flow or respond to emergency conditions
- Wrapping Machine Operator
- Oven Operator
- Pan Stacker
- General Cleanup
General Helper Trim Shop Resume Examples & Samples
- Must be able to work a night shift
- Must be able to pass background and drug screen
- Overhead crane and forklift experience a plus
- Repeats processes to build molds to specified requirements. Load and unload items from machines, carts, and conveyors. Feed or place items onto equipment for processing. Clean and visually inspect final insulated metal panels. Scrape waste material from machine
- Must be energetic, ready to work in a fast pace environment, self starter
- Must be able to lift up 50 lbs or a repetitive basis
- Able to read tape measure (pre-employment testing)
- Able to stand/walk/lift/carry up to 12 hours per day
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Background in manufacturing a plus
- Have passed their 18th birthday; OR be at least 16 years old and a high school graduate; OR have completed the state requirements for the General Educational Development Test (GED); OR be an emancipated minor
- Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for this class
- Successfully complete the six (6) month probationary period
- General Helper will work in our Cold Form department
- Position will involve extensive manual material handling to include
- Must be able to pass a pre-hire assessment test
- Must be able to pass Drug screen and background check and all pre-employment assessments
- Follows instructions of journeyman’s maintenance technicians instructions
- Apply practices common to building, maintenance, and construction
- Learn various testing methods of industrial maintenance
- May operate power equipment such as trucks, lifts, skip loaders, pneumatic tools, saws, drills, sanders, and other items
- Possess a minimum of two year full-time experience involving the Industrial maintenance and/or repair of buildings, equipment, appliances, or grounds using hand or small power tools
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in process-driven industrial maintenance Painting position
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good physical health, strength and stamina
- Ability to work alone and as a member of a team
- Technical Mechanical Skills/aptitude
- Ability to operate computer-based equipment
- Communications skills that invite credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment among key stakeholders in operations, critical facilities, events, and line supervisors
- Demonstrated ability to learn maintenance skills
- Demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
Related Job Titles
Construction Helper Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a construction helper to enable you learn the work they do.
It provides the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly define the construction helper work description in most companies.
It also highlights the major requires employers/recruiters usually want individuals interested in the construction helper position to meet to be considered for hiring.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the construction helper career:
What Does a Construction Helper Do?
A construction helper is responsible for assisting construction workers to carry out a variety of tasks such as tidying up work areas, unloading materials, preparing worksites, cleaning debris, and executing other tasks as assigned.
A construction helper serves important roles on a construction site by expediting the completion of construction projects.
A variety of trades may use the services of construction helpers, such as carpenters, painters, plumbers, electricians, and roofers, while some other construction helpers may work in various companies as full-time employees or on a part-time basis.
The construction helper job description entails various tasks that are required on a construction site.
He/she is expected to complete a wide range of duties in his or her daily activities, including unloading materials such as lumber, tools, and other necessary and relevant equipment at a construction site.
He or she may also be required to load materials that will be transported from one construction site to the other.
Another duty that is carried out by a construction helper is to set up equipment that will be used on a construction site, which may involve setting up work stations, running lines for power tools, erecting scaffolding, laying out tools, preparing forms for the pouring of concrete on foundations, handing various tools to workers as they perform their various tasks.
A construction helper may also be responsible for assisting with framing and other tasks or for performing light construction duties such as pouring concrete on foundations, installing sheetrock, operating various equipment, digging trenches, nailing boards together for framing, assisting tradesmen with the installation of windows, electrical or plumbing systems, or other areas of the construction project.
The job role of a construction helper demands that the ideal candidate should demonstrate certain skills and qualities to be effective on the job.
These include good mechanical skills, excellent physical stamina and/or strength, good listening skills, well-developed organizational skills, decent math skills, excellent time management skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to be a team player; good verbal and written communication skills and excellent time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, most employers do not require prospective candidates for the construction helper position to hold a postsecondary degree.
However, a High School diploma may be typically required.
Some employers may also accept candidates who possess little experience on the job.
Construction Helper Salary: The average salary for a construction helper is $38,100 annually.
Construction Helper Job Description Example/Sample/Template
A construction helper is expected to carry out a wide range of duties, tasks, and responsibilities. The sample job description below shows the major ones:
- Assisting with plumbing, digging trenches, installations, laying out of tools, and performing several other masonry works.
- Ensuring that construction sites are well-managed and kept clean
- Tidying up and preparing construction sites, while also ensuring that safety rules and regulations are strictly adhered to
- Carrying out a variety of assigned tasks on construction sites which may include assisting construction site engineers and supervisors .
- Getting rid of the trash, debris, and other potentially dangerous materials from construction sites
- Assisting construction project manager in the process of surveying to determine what materials are being kept or removed for an upgrade.
- Loading, unloading, and identifying building materials and ensuring that they are distributed to the appropriate locations
- Servicing and operating compressors, generators, power/hand tools, and several other construction equipment.
Construction Helper Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a resume or CV, you will need to include the professional or work experience section in it if you have some work experience in the position of a construction helper.
Your resume or CV will certainly get a boost if you have a professional experience section that shows that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a construction helper.
This piece of information will be highly useful to your job application if the new position that you are seeking requires the construction helper work experience to be effective on it.
You will be able to make a compelling professional experience section for your resume or CV by applying the construction helper job description example above.
Construction Helper Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Some of the essential skills and qualifications that are usually required by recruiters/employers to work as a construction helper include:
- Good mechanical skills, since a construction helper must be able to operate light construction equipment such as trenchers, forklifts, and several other tools that are used on construction sites
- Physical stamina and/or strength, since a construction helper must be able to lift at least 100 pounds of weight and also carry heavy tools in all kinds of weather daily
- Good listening skills, since he or she must be able to follow instructions and ensure that they are executed efficiently and effectively
- Good organizational skills which enable him or her to set up various tools and materials and also manage and monitor them
- Excellent time management skills, since building projects are on schedule in most cases and a construction helper must complete assigned tasks promptly
- Decent math skills, as this is required to ensure precision and/or accuracy in tasks like pouring concrete, cutting lumbers, and so on
- Several years of experience in a related or relevant job role/position
- At least a High School diploma, since a formal postsecondary degree is not required.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the construction helper career. They will be able to increase their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities commonly associated with the role, and so will be able to decide if that is the work they love to do.
Employers/recruiters who are looking to hire for a vacant construction helper role will also find this post useful in producing a detailed job description for the position in their organizations.