- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- EDIT Edit this Article
- EXPLORE Tech Help Pro About Us Random Article Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- Quizzes Hot
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Log in / Sign up
- Computers and Electronics
- Microsoft Office
How to Convert PowerPoint to Word
Last Updated: October 8, 2023 Tested
This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff . Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow's Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards. The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article's instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 709,747 times. Learn more...
This wikiHow teaches you how to convert a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation into a Microsoft Word document by using the "Create Handouts" feature on PowerPoint for Windows, or by exporting an RTF (Rich Text Format) file using PowerPoint for Mac. The current version of PowerPoint for Mac does not have the "Create Handouts" feature. RTF files are not able to accurately convert the formatting of some PowerPoint features, so many images and backgrounds may not be supported.
Things You Should Know
- Open the PowerPoint that you want to convert.
- On Windows, go to File > Export… > Create Handouts . Follow the prompts and select a layout for your Word document. Finish by clicking OK .
- On Mac, go to File > Export… . Enter a file name and choose a save location. Click File Format > Rich Text Format (.rtf) > Export .
- Open the RTF file in Word and go to File > Save As… > Format > Word Document (.docx) > Save .
- If you want the Word document to update whenever the original PowerPoint presentation is changed, click on Paste link .
- If you want the Word document to remain unchanged whenever the original PowerPoint presentation is updated, click on Paste .
- In most instances, the formatting and pagination will not match the original PowerPoint presentation and many pictures or backgrounds may not be supported by the RTF format. Be sure to go through the Word document and adjust it to your liking.
You might also like.
About This Article
To convert a PowerPoint presentation into a Word document, start by opening your PowerPoint presentation and clicking “File” in the menu bar at the top of the screen. From the drop-down menu, click “Export” and “Create Handouts.” When prompted by the computer, pick “Create Handouts in Microsoft Word.” Select a layout from the options menu, like “Paste Link,” if you want it to update whenever the original PowerPoint presentation is changed. Alternatively, if you want the document to remain unchanged, click “Paste.” In order to finalize your preferences and open your PowerPoint as a Word document, click “OK.” To learn how to convert PowerPoint to Word on your Mac, keep reading! Did this summary help you? Yes No
- Send fan mail to authors
Reader Success Stories
Feb 26, 2017
Is this article up to date?
Apr 13, 2016
Jan 5, 2017
Jan 17, 2019
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
wikiHow Tech Help Pro:
Level up your tech skills and stay ahead of the curve
- Billing Plan
- Payment Method
- OCR Converter
- Video Converter
- Audio Converter
- E-book Converter
- Image Converter
- Archive Converter
- Vector Converter
- Document Converter
- Video to MP3
- PDF Converter
- Image to PDF
- Image to Word
- Unit Converter
- Time Converter
- Video Compressor
- Image Compressor
- GIF Compressor
- MP3 Compressor
- WAV Compressor
- Compress PDF
- Compress JPEG
- Compress PNG
- Video to GIF
- WEBM to GIF
- APNG to GIF
- GIF to APNG
- Video Trimmer
PPT to WORD Converter
Convert PPT to WORD online, for free.
- From Device
- From Dropbox
- From Google Drive
Drop any files here!
- Apply from Preset
- Save as Preset
How to Convert PPT to WORD?
- Click the “Choose Files” button to select your PPT files.
- Click the “Convert to WORD” button to start the conversion.
- When the status change to “Done” click the “Download WORD” button
Easy to Use
Simply upload your PPT files and click the convert button. You can also batch convert PPT to WORD format.
We use both open source and custom software to make sure our conversions are of the highest quality. In most cases, you can fine-tune conversion parameters using “Advanced Settings” (optional, look for the icon).
Free & Secure
Our PPT to WORD Converter is free and works on any web browser. We guarantee file security and privacy. Files are protected with 256-bit SSL encryption and automatically delete after a few hours.
Convert other files to WORD format
FreeConvert.com can convert your other files to WORD format:
- WORD Converter
- PDF to WORD
- DOCX to WORD
- RTF to WORD
- DOC to WORD
- PPTX to WORD
- ODT to WORD
- HTML to WORD
- TEXT to WORD
- TXT to WORD
- PUB to WORD
- DOCM to WORD
- DOT to WORD
- DOTX to WORD
- Webpage to WORD
- PAGES to WORD
- WPS to WORD
- HTM to WORD
- GIF to WORD
- WebP to WORD
- SVG to WORD
- JPG to WORD
- PNG to WORD
- BMP to WORD
- TIFF to WORD
- ODD to WORD
- PSD to WORD
- EPUB to WORD
Convert Your PPT files to other formats
FreeConvert.com can convert your PPT files to these other formats:
- PPT Converter
- PPT to PPTX
- PPT to DOCX
Want to convert large files without a queue or Ads?
- MP4 Converter
- MP3 Converter
- HEIC to JPG
Document & Ebook
- PDF to Word
- EPUB to PDF
- EPUB to Mobi
Archive & Time
- Pound to KG
- KG to Pound
- Feet to Meter
- Collage Maker
- Image Resizer
- Color Picker
- Collage Maker Android
- Collage Maker iOS
- Image Converter Android
- Image Converter iOS
© FreeConvert.com v2.21 All rights reserved (2023)
How to Convert PowerPoint to Word: A Step-by-Step Guide
To conduct engaging seminars and training sessions, it’s important to provide both on-screen and handout materials to the trainees. Rather than printing out each slide of a PowerPoint presentation, you can simply export the entire presentation into Microsoft Office Word and edit it to your liking.
You can also add more information, clean up the formatting, and convert the presentation into a note-taking guide, no matter whether you’re on a Mac or Windows computer.
How to convert PowerPoint to Word on Windows
Follow these simple instructions to convert a PowerPoint presentation into an editable Word document on a Windows desktop:
1. Open your PowerPoint file on your Windows device.
2. Select the “File” tab on the top left corner of the PowerPoint menu bar.
3. On the next screen, click “Export” from the left panel.
Click “Export” on the left panel of the screen ( Source )
4. From the options on the “Export” menu, select “Create Handouts.”
Select “Create Handouts” from the export options ( Source )
5. Next, click the “Create Handouts” button on the right side of the screen.
Click the “Create Handouts” button on the right side of the screen ( Source )
6. A “Send to Microsoft Word” pop-up window will open. Select a page layout of your choice from the options.
Choose a page layout option from the pop-up options ( Source )
7. Under “Add slides to Microsoft Word document,” choose either “Paste” or “Paste link.” If you select “Paste link,” changes made to your PowerPoint presentation will be reflected in Word in real time. But if you choose “Paste,” your Word document will remain unchanged if even the original PowerPoint presentation is updated.
Select either “Paste” or “Paste link” ( Source )
8. Once you’ve made your selections, click the “OK” button. The presentation will automatically open as a Word document in a new window. You may now print, edit, or save the presentation as a new Word document.
Click “OK” to send your PowerPoint slide handout to Microsoft Word ( Source )
How to convert PowerPoint to Word on Mac
Follow these instructions to convert a PowerPoint document into an editable Word file on a MacBook:
1. Open the PowerPoint presentation on your MacBook.
From the top menu bar, select the “File” tab (Source: All images are from the author’s personal account)
3. Select the “Export” option from the drop-down menu.
Select the “Export” option from the drop-down menu
4. Name your file in the “Save As” text box and designate a location (on your local disk) to store it.
Name your file and save it to your local disk
5. Under “File Format,” select the “Rich Text Format (.rtf)” option.
From the drop-down, select “Rich Text Format (.rtf.)
6. Click the “Export” button to save your PowerPoint as a new .rtf document.
When you’re ready to export the file, click the “Export” button
7. Next, open Microsoft Word on your MacBook and click the “Open” tab on the left panel.
On the left menu, click the “Open” tab
8. Locate the .rtf document in your local disk and select it.
Locate the .rtf file and click it once to select it
9. Click the “Open” button on the bottom right corner of the screen to convert the file to a Word document.
Click the “Open” button to open and edit your newly converted Word document
Tips to export PowerPoint
Microsoft PowerPoint enables you to export presentations in a variety of different formats. But which one should you choose? Depending on your needs, you can select one of the following formats:
PDF/XPS documents: This file format can be easily read by PDF viewers, which makes it an optimal solution for sharing PowerPoint creations with someone who doesn’t have the Microsoft PowerPoint software.
Videos: This option is suitable for sharing PowerPoint creations that incorporate motion graphics, such as screen annotations and animations.
Handouts: This format converts your presentation into a Word document to easily edit your digital creation and design paper handouts for the audience of your presentation.
Online publishing: This method allows other PowerPoint users to view and download your presentation in real time, making collaboration easy.
Find the best tools for team training
Although Microsoft PowerPoint is a powerful presentation program, it’s not an ideal solution for training large organizations on new workplace processes and procedures.
Implement a learning management system (LMS) to strategically train your staff and produce a worthwhile return on investment. For more information on LMSs, check out this article on the best practices of implementing an LMS at the workplace .
Critical PowerPoint Shortcuts – Claim Your FREE Training Module and Get Your Time Back!
How to Convert PowerPoint to Word (Step-by-Step)
- PowerPoint Tutorials
- Shortcuts & Hacks
In this article, you’ll learn how to convert PowerPoint to Word so that you can edit your handouts or speaker notes directly in Microsoft Word.
The only issue you need to be aware of is the content on your slides.
Converting PPT to Word does NOT convert the content of your slides into a Microsoft Word document. Instead, the process exports your slides as thumbnails in one of five following handout layouts:
The five handout options when converting PowerPoint to Word are:
- Notes next to slides
- Blank lines next to slides
- Notes below slides
- Blank lines below slides
- Outline only
There is currently no way to convert the content of your individual slides – text boxes, shapes, SmartArt graphics, etc. – into a native Word document. For that, you will unfortunately have to copy and paste your information manually, slide by slide.
Below you’ll find a variety of methods to convert your PowerPoint slides to Word. Choose the method that works best for you.
Note: If you are just trying to convert your slides into the PDF file format, you DO NOT need to convert your PowerPoint presentation into a Word document first. Instead, you can simply save your PowerPoint presentation in the PDF file format. Read our guide here for details .
[Watch] Convert PowerPoint to Word (Speaker Notes Only)
Exporting your slides to Microsoft Word like this embeds your slides as thumbnails within a table.
While you cannot edit the individual PowerPoint slides, you can manipulate the table to format your handouts any way you like.
To see an example of how to convert PowerPoint speaker notes to Word without the thumbnail, watch the short video above. To learn more different ways you can print PowerPoint notes, read our guide here .
How to Convert PowerPoint to Word
To convert your PowerPoint slides into Microsoft Word handouts, simply:
- Navigate to the File tab
- Select Export
- Click on the Create Handouts section
- Select the Create Handouts command
- Choose your Handout Type
- Select Paste or Paste Link (explained below)
As a result, Microsoft Word opens, and your PowerPoint slides are converted into handouts based on your selection. For example, here’s how your slides look for the ‘Blank lines next to slides’ option.
Paste vs. Paste Link Options
At the bottom of the Send to Microsoft Word dialog box, you are given the option to Paste or Paste link (as pictured below).
Paste: Exports your slides to Microsoft Word as a standalone file. Any updates or edits you make to your slides in PowerPoint will not be reflected in Word.
If you update your slides and want those changes reflected in Word, you will need to export your slides all over again.
Paste link: Exports your slides to Word as linked thumbnail images. Any edits you make to your slides in PowerPoint will be automatically updated within the thumbnail images inside Word.
This is all great. However, there are two caveats to the Paste link option to be aware of. Read on to see what they are.
Caveat #1: Only the PowerPoint thumbnails are linked to Word
The link created only updates the thumbnails of your slides in Word.
That means that if you export your slides to Word with your Speaker Notes beneath the slides, and you later update those speaker notes in PowerPoint, your changes will not be reflected in the Word document.
You’ll need to follow the steps above to convert PPT to Word all over again, to have your changes accurately reflected.
Caveat #2: The Word thumbnails only live in Word
Any updates and edits you make to your slides in PowerPoint will be updated in Microsoft Word.
But if you delete slide thumbnails in Word or move things around, none of those changes will be reflected in PowerPoint.
In fact, any changes like these will be overwritten as soon as PowerPoint pushes its latest updates back to Word.
How to View linked PowerPoint Slides in Microsoft Word
To view any linked PowerPoint slides you have in Microsoft Word, simply:
- Select the Info tab
- Click Edit Links to Files
This opens the Links dialog box, which you can see below.
This is where you can update, edit, and manage any linked files to your Word document. Here is a quick rundown of what each of these options does:
Update Now: This forces Word to update based on whatever is in your PowerPoint file. This normally happens by default whenever you save your PowerPoint presentation, but you can control when it happens here.
Open Source: This will open the PowerPoint presentation from which these slides are linked. This can be faster than trying to find the original presentation you used to create your handouts.
Note: If you move your PowerPoint presentation to a different place on your computer or change its file name after you convert PowerPoint to Word, you will get the following error: “This object is corrupt or no longer available”.
To fix this, simply use the Change Source option to re-locate the file. It’s either in a different location on your computer or has a new name.
Change Source: This allows you to change which PowerPoint file you are linked to. It’s useful if you have updated the name of your PowerPoint file after you converted it to Word.
To maintain an active link between PowerPoint and Word, the PowerPoint file’s name needs to be the same.
Break Link: This allows you to break the PowerPoint to Word links for individual slides. When you break the link to a slide (as discussed further below), it will no longer update in Word as you edit it in PowerPoint.
Update method for selected link: If you don’t want your files to automatically update, you can choose to manually update them instead.
How to Update a Linked PowerPoint Slide
Now that you know how to link PowerPoint slides to Word, there are two ways that you can update the links. Both methods achieve the same goal, so just pick the one that makes the most sense (and is easiest to remember) for you.
1. Right-click the slides in Word
To update an individual linked PowerPoint slide in Word, simply:
- Navigate to the slide you want to update
- Right-click the slide’s thumbnail picture in Word
- Select Update Link
2. Use the Edit Links to Files command
To update all your linked PowerPoint slides in Microsoft Word, simply:
- Click the Info tab
- Select Edit Links to Files
- Select the slide you want to update
- Click Update Now
If you have multiple slides you want to update, you can continue selecting slides and updating them in Word.
If your document is set to Automatic Update, you can also just close and reopen Word to have all of your links automatically update (as long as you have saved and closed your PowerPoint presentation).
How to Break Linked PowerPoint Slides in Word
To break the links between your PowerPoint and Word files, from within Microsoft Word, simply:
- Select the linked slide you want to break
- Click Break Link
Because each PowerPoint slide thumbnail is considered a link, if you want to remove all the links, you will need to click on each slide and break it individually.
How to Insert PowerPoint into Word (as an embedded presentation)
An alternative to converting PowerPoint to Word as handouts is to instead embed your presentation inside of Microsoft Word.
When you do this, instead of inserting pictures of your slides, your entire PowerPoint presentation is is embedded. You can then double-click it to launch your presentation in PowerPoint.
To embed a PowerPoint presentation inside of Word, from within Microsoft Word simply:
- Navigate to the Insert tab
- Open the Object dropdown menu
- Select Object
- Choose Create from file
- Click Browse
- Navigate to and select your PowerPoint file
- Choose Link to File (assuming you want changes to automatically update)
As a result, your PowerPoint presentation becomes embedded in your Word document.
As you can see, there are several ways to convert PowerPoint to Word depending on what you are trying to accomplish. In addition, you have several options to choose from for each method.
Is it worth your time to link the two programs together? That depends on how frequently you need to update your PowerPoint slides (and want those updates reflected in Word). If you decide to go this route, I recommend spending a few extra minutes reviewing the tips above on linking and updating links, so you know what to expect (and how to fix things if your links get broken).
If you decide not to link PowerPoint to Word, you can always easily export your PowerPoint slides to Word whenever you update them. This is my recommendation for you if you are not updating your slides frequently.
If you enjoyed this article and want to learn more about our online training courses and resources, you can visit us here .
About the author.
This Post Has 2 Comments
This is great, but the file size becomes enormous once in word.
Yes this is true. You can check the compression options in Word to try to reduce the file size. Select a picture, go to Picture Format tab > Compress (inside Adjust) and select either Print or Web. It’s the same steps as for PPT, as we cover in our tutorial here: https://nutsandboltsspeedtraining.com/powerpoint-tutorials/powerpoint-compress-images/
Comments are closed.
- How to Make Animated Fireworks in PowerPoint (Step-by-Step)
- How to Create a Flash Card Memory Game in PowerPoint (Like Jeopardy)
- How to Strikethrough Text (l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶) in Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strikethrough Shortcut (l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶) for Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working: Solved
PowerPoint Tutorial Categories
- Strategies & Opinions
- Presentation Design
- Pictures, Icons, Videos, Etc.
- New Features
- Charts & Data Viz
We help busy office workers save hours and gain peace of mind, with tips, training and tutorials for Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
Work With Us
- Corporate Training
- Presentation & Template Design
- Courses & Downloads
- PowerPoint Articles
- Word Articles
- Productivity Resources
Find a Tutorial
- Free Training
- For Businesses
Master Critical PowerPoint Shortcuts – Secure Your FREE Training Module and Save Valuable Time!
⌛ Master time-saving expert techniques.
🔥 Create powerful presentations.
🚀 Propel your career to new heights.
We value your privacy – we keep your info safe.
Discover PowerPoint Hacks Loved by Industry Giants - KKR, AmEx, HSBC!
Over 114,880 professionals in finance, marketing and sales have revolutionized their PPT skills with our proven methods.
Gain FREE access to a full module of our premium PowerPoint training program – Get started today!
We hate spam too and promise to keep your information safe.
- Compress PDF
- PDF Converter
- PDF Scanner
- Number Pages
- Delete PDF Pages
- PDF to Word
- PDF to Excel
- Word to PDF
- Excel to PDF
- Protect PDF
- How to Convert PDF Documents
Convert PPT to Word Online
May 15, 2023 by Hung Nguyen
Use the best free online web tool to convert PowerPoint presentations to Word documents online. You don’t need to sign up, pay, or share any details.
We’re back with another how-to guide! This time, we’ll show you how to convert PPT to Word. This process is particularly useful for content-packed PowerPoint presentations. Smallpdf can effectively transform PPT to Word in a heartbeat with our online converter. Just keep reading to learn more about how you can do this.
How to Convert PPT to Word Online
Go to the online Converter tool .
Upload or drop your PPT file.
Wait while we convert your file to a PDF.
Click on “Export As” from the panel on the right.
Choose the “Word (.docx)” option.
Voilà! You can now download or share your file.
As PDF software, we can convert PPT to PDF and PDF to Word. When you put this combination together, you get a PPT to Word software. It’s that simple!
How to convert your PPT to Word using Smallpdf
We Can Handle Scanned Documents
Smallpdf has enabled Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in our online converter. This means all documents converted using the PDF converter will retain their original format. You can also extract text from scans into an editable format—this is a Pro feature you can try by signing up for a 7-day free trial .
And that’s not all! As generosity goes a long way, we accept files up to a whopping 5GB per file!
Are My PowerPoints Safe in Your Hands?
As an online SaaS platform, security is our top priority. Since we launched in 2013, over a billion users from all walks of life have trusted us with their documents. We ensure that every single file transfer is carried out with TLS encryption, and we remove these documents from our servers after one hour of processing.
Useful tools for your document management needs
There aren’t any specific requirements for using our online software. As a cloud converter, you can access Smallpdf on any operating system or device. An internet connection and browser are all you need.
If you want to work on more documents than our free daily limit allows, you should consider a Smallpdf Pro subscription. With it, you unlock limitless conversions and get to convert or compress multiple files at once, effectively saving you time and effort. With Pro, you also get access to our Smallpdf Desktop App, which lets you do almost everything you can on our website without an internet connection. You can try it out first with our free trial —you can cancel anytime.
What Else Can You Do?
The same method of file conversion lets you convert any file from Microsoft Office (PPT, Word, Excel) and any image file (JPG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PNG) to and from other formats. On top of that, we have a few additional tricks up our sleeves in case you want to edit your PDF files further:
- Split PDF - Separate pages from your PDF.
- Encrypt PDF - Secure documents with a password.
- Convert PDF - Convert PPT and DOC files while retaining their text format.
- Compress PDF - Reduce the size of your files without losing quality.
And many more via our homepage. We have over 20 nifty tools to help make PDF easy for you.
Power Up Your Productivity by Tenfold with the Smallpdf Chrome Extension
Discover all features of Smallpdf to help you supercharge your productivity! Get work done faster and easier with the Smallpdf Chrome Extension.
Paperless Office Software: 18 Tools To Check Out in 2024
Which paperless office solution is best for you? To help you decide, we asked several experts in different industries to weigh in.
6 Challenges of Remote Teaching & What Teachers Can Do About It
Learn about some of the unique challenges of remote teaching and what teachers can do about it.
- Holiday Tech Gifting Central
- Hot Cyber Monday Deals Right Now!
Converting PowerPoint Slides to Word Documents
- Brock University
Sometimes you want the simplicity of a Word document to back up or print handouts of an important presentation. Find out how to convert a PowerPoint into a Word Document.
Instructions in this article apply to PowerPoint for Microsoft 365, PowerPoint 2019, PowerPoint 2016, PowerPoint 2013, and PowerPoint 2010.
Convert PowerPoint Handouts to Word
When you want to edit PowerPoint handouts, convert the handouts into a document that can be edited in Word.
To convert handouts to Word format:
Open the PowerPoint presentation that you want to convert to a Word document.
Select File > Export . In PowerPoint 2010, select File > Save & Send .
Select Create Handouts and choose Create Handouts . In PowerPoint 2010, select Create Handouts under File Types and select Create Handouts under Create Handouts in Microsoft Word. The Send to Microsoft Word dialog box opens.
Select the page layout option you want to use.
Converting PowerPoint presentations to Word documents can be done in five different ways:
- Notes next to slides
- Blank lines next to slides
- Notes below slides
- Blank lines below slides
- Outline only
Comparing the options can help you choose the best one for you.
Notes Next to Slide on Handout
The first option when converting PowerPoint presentations to Word is the most commonly used printout option. A miniature version of the slide is printed on the left and a box showing any speaker notes written to accompany the slide are shown on the right.
Three thumbnail versions of your slides print on each page.
Blank Lines Beside Slide on Handouts
The second option when converting PowerPoint presentations to Word is to print blank lines beside the slide on the handout for the audience to make notes during your presentation.
Three thumbnail slides print on each page.
Notes Below Slides on Handouts
The third option when converting PowerPoint presentations to Word is to print speaker notes below the slide for easy reference during the presentation.
One slide prints on each page.
Blank Lines Below Slides on Handouts
The fourth option when converting PowerPoint presentations to Word is to print blank lines below the slide on the handout for the audience to make notes during your presentation.
One thumbnail version of the slide prints on each page.
When converting PowerPoint presentations to Word, the fifth option is to print an outline of all the text in the PowerPoint presentation. No graphics are shown in the outline, but this view is the quickest to use when editing is needed.
Paste or Paste Link
Another feature that PowerPoint offers when it converts your presentation to a Word document is the choice of Paste or Paste Link. Here is the difference.
- Choose Paste to create the handout in the style you have chosen.
- Choose Paste Link to create a handout in the style you choose as well. However, if the PowerPoint presentation is later edited, the changes appear in the Word document the next time it is opened. This is not the case when you choose the Paste command.
When you have made all your selections select OK and a new Word document opens with the PowerPoint handouts in the format you selected.
Get the Latest Tech News Delivered Every Day
- Converting PowerPoint Presentations to Word Documents
- Print a PowerPoint Handout in PDF Format Without a Date
- How to Print PowerPoint Slides With Notes
- Different Ways to View Slides in PowerPoint
- How to Print PowerPoint Slides
- How to Save PowerPoint Presentations as PDF Files
- How to Add PowerPoint Slides Into a Word Document
- How to Use Speaker Notes in PowerPoint
- How to Convert PowerPoint to Video
- Copy Slides to Another PowerPoint Presentation
- What Is a PPTX File?
- The 10 Most Common PowerPoint Terms
- How to Link or Insert Excel Files to Word Documents
- How to Add Page Numbers in PowerPoint
- 9 PowerPoint Presentation Tips for Students
- How to Use Portrait and Landscape Slides in the Same Presentation
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
PPT to DOCX
Convert PPT to DOCX online and free
Step 1 - Select a file(s) to convert
Drag & drop files Max. file size 10MB ( want more? ) How are my files protected?
Step 2 - Convert your files to
Or choose a different format
Step 3 - Start converting
(And agree to our Terms )
We'll get right on it
File Size Warning
You are attempting to upload a file that exceeds our 50MB free limit.
You will need to create a paid Zamzar account to be able to download your converted file. Would you like to continue to upload your file for conversion?
Add File by URL
* Links must be prefixed with http or https , e.g. http://48ers.com/magnacarta.pdf
Your Files. Your Data. You in Control.
Zamzar had been trusted by individuals and businesses since 2006. We keep your files and data secure, and offer choice and control over when files are deleted.
- Free converted files are stored securely for a maximum of 24 hours
- Paying users’ files are stored until they choose to delete them
- All users can delete files sooner than the expiry point for their file
Advanced settings (optional)
Overall conversion/upload progress:
Click Choose Files to add more files or Convert Now to start converting your files
4.6 out of 5 based on 1148 reviews
Trusted by employees at these brands
Employees of some of the world's most well-known brands rely on Zamzar to convert their files safely and efficiently, ensuring they have the formats they need for the job at hand. From global corporations and media companies, to respected educational establishments and newspaper publications, employees of these organisations trust Zamzar to provide the accurate and reliable conversion service they need.
Your files are in safe hands
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
For every 10,000 files converted on Zamzar, we'll plant a tree. By using Zamzar you are helping to make a difference to our planet
We're committed to regular charitable giving. Each month we donate at least 2% of our company profits to different charities
From your personal desktop to your business files, we've got you covered
We offer a range of tools, to help you convert your files in the most convenient way for you. As well as our online file conversion service, we also offer a desktop app for file conversions straight from your desktop, and an API for automated file conversions for developers. Which tool you use is up to you!
Want to convert files straight from your desktop?
Fully integrated into your desktop
Convert over 150 different file formats
Convert documents, videos, audio files in one click
Need conversion functionality within your application?
One simple API to convert files
100s of formats for you to choose from
Documents, videos, audios, images & more...
Why choose Zamzar?
With Zamzar, file conversions are easy, reliable and convenient, so you can quickly convert your documents, images, videos, and more, to the formats you need. With faster downloads of converted files, and friendly and helpful support when you need it, you'll have everything you need to work with your files.
Ease of Use
In just three simple steps you can convert your file, and you can do so without ever leaving your browser.
Any Operating System
Zamzar works for those who are running Windows, Linux or are on an OS for Mac.
Zamzar has been in existence now for over ten years, and so we’ve been able to improve and refine our file conversions to ensure they're of the highest standard.
When you need a file converted, you can have confidence in us that we'll get the job done correctly, quickly and securely.
Tools to suit your file conversion and file compression needs
You'll find all the conversion and compression tools you need, all in one place, at Zamzar. With over 1100 file-conversion types supported, whether you need to convert videos, audio, documents or images, you'll easily find what you need and soon have your files in the formats and sizing that work for you.
Microsoft developed the PPT format for PowerPoint, which is mostly used for creating and editing presentations. PPT files normally comprise slides of text, images and animations that can play as timed or manually controlled slideshows. Users can build presentations from scratch or use an online or company corporate template. PowerPoint is the most widely used format for presentations in both educational and work settings. It can also be used for creating reports, which users often save or print as a PDF. Since 2007, PPTX has been Microsoft’s standard file format for PowerPoint. However, even if you have a newer version of the program, you can still use it to open older PPT files, and also to save presentations into PPT format. PowerPoint is part of the Microsoft Office suite, but some other programs, like LibreOffice, Apple Keynote or Google Slides, can also open both PPT and PPTX files.
- Document Converters
- PPT Converter
- Compress PPT files
The DOCX format has been the standard format for Microsoft Word documents since 2007, replacing DOC. Microsoft Word is used widely in homes, workplaces and educational settings to create formatted text documents like reports, letters or resumes. As well as text, DOCX files can include pictures, tables, charts and embedded media, or can be an editable template. The DOCX format has some advantages over DOC, including typically smaller file sizes and better security. DOCX is an Office Open XML file, making it easier to open DOCX files in other programs like LibreOffice, Google Docs or Apple Pages, with fewer compatibility issues. Word is part of Microsoft Office’s paid software application and is also available with an Office 365 online subscription. Microsoft Office was designed for Windows, but you can install Office apps on other operating systems. Microsoft also has a basic free ‘Word for the web’ programme for online Microsoft account holders.
- DOCX Converter
How to convert a PPT to a DOCX file?
- 1. Choose the PPT file that you want to convert.
- 2. Select DOCX as the the format you want to convert your PPT file to.
- 3. Click "Convert" to convert your PPT file.
Convert from PPT
Using Zamzar , it is possible to convert PPT files to a variety of other formats:
Convert to DOCX
Using Zamzar , it is possible to convert a variety of other formats to DOCX files :
Frequently asked questions
If you’ve got any questions about converting or compressing files with Zamzar, we’re happy to help! We’ve answered a few commonly-asked questions below, to get you started, and you can find out more information about file conversion and compression with Zamzar, in our Help centre .
How do I convert PPT to DOCX?
Zamzar and other online file conversion tools are a quick way to convert PPT to DOCX. Just upload a PPT file to Zamzar’s website, click to convert it into DOCX format, and then download the converted file. The new document will have the same dimensions as your original presentation. If you don’t need to keep the layout and you have access to Microsoft Office, you can also open a PPT file with that and use the ‘Export’ feature to create DOCX handouts or make an RTF file that you can open in Word. It’s also possible to copy content from PPT slides to paste into a Word document.
How do I open a PPT file in Word?
You can open a PPT file in Word if you convert it first using PowerPoint or a file converter such as Zamzar. You can save the content, but not the layout, by using the ‘Export’ function in an open PowerPoint document. Either create a Word handout of your presentation or save it as an RTF file, which you can then open in Word. Another way is to install file conversion software, but with Zamzar’s website, it’s also possible to convert files online without extra applications. Just upload your PPT, convert it, and then download a Word file that you can open on your device.
How do I convert PPT to DOCX on Mac?
Online file conversion tools like Zamzar are a simple way to convert PPT to DOCX on Mac as you don’t need to have Microsoft Office on your device. Zamzar will also create a Word file with the same layout and dimensions as the original presentation. Just upload the PPT file to the free tool on Zamzar’s website, select to convert it into DOCX format, and then download the new file. You may also be able to find file conversion software for Mac, but an advantage with using online file converters is that you don’t need to install new applications on your computer.
How do I convert a PowerPoint to Word online?
A quick way to convert a PowerPoint to Word online is by using a file conversion website like Zamzar. The free tool on Zamzar’s website can convert files in just a few clicks – upload the PowerPoint file, select to convert it into DOCX or DOC format, and then download the new file. If you have an Office 365 subscription, you can also use the ‘Export’ function to create Word handouts of your presentation, or to create a Rich Text Format (RTF) file. However, unlike with Zamzar’s converter, this will automatically change the dimensions of the presentation into A4 portrait.
Online PPT to Word Converter
Send the download link to
Press Ctrl + D to save this page as a bookmark.
Insert Page Breaks
We've already processed ??? files with total size of ??? Mbytes.
How to Convert PowerPoint to Word
- Click Drop or upload your files .
- Select the PowerPoint file you want to convert to Word on your computer. You can upload a maximum of 10 PowerPoint files for the conversion operation.
- Click the CONVERT button. The PPT files will be converted to DOC or DOCX now.
- Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button. Or you can type in an email address and click the message icon. The email address will receive a download link.
Using Aspose PowerPoint to Word converter, you can convert PPT presentations to Word documents quickly. The PowerPoint to Word web app converts all the contents in a presentation from PPT to Word. It extracts texts, images, and media from slides and places them on pages in a Word document. Essentially, it transforms presentation slides into Word document pages. You can easily edit or analyze texts in Word documents because the DOC and DOCX formats are convenient for working with documents. Therefore, the PPT to Word ( PPT to DOC or PPT to DOCX ) conversion process is important. Other Aspose Apps you may want to try: Viewer web app for viewing PowerPoint presentations online; Editor web app for editing presentations online. Read an article on converting PowerPoint to Word: How to Convert PowerPoint to Word
- How do I convert PowerPoint to Word online? Use Aspose PowerPoint to Word Converter. Upload your presentation file (PPTX or PPT) and then click the Convert button.
- Is there a way to convert PPT to Word fast? Yes, you can use this application to convert PPT to Word in one click by simply uploading your presentation file.
- Can I convert PPT to Word in both DOC and DOCX formats? Yes, our online PowerPoint to Word converter supports all PowerPoint and Word document formats.
- Does the app convert presentation media into Word? Yes, the contents in a presentation are converted into a document in Word.
- How do I get the converted Word document? You can download it directly or send it to a specified email address.
- Can I convert PPT to Word on mobile? Yes, you can use our PowerPoint to Word to convert documents right on your smartphone (Android or iOS device) or desktop (Windows or mac).
- Are there limits on uploaded files? For a single presentation, the maximum file size is 35 MB and the maximum number of slides is 50. If you must convert a presentation that exceeds 35 MB or contains more than 50 slides, we recommend you use Aspose PowerPoint Splitter to divide the slides into multiple presentations. You can then convert the presentations you obtained individually.
Fast and Easy Conversion
Convert from Anywhere
Other supported converters.
You can also convert PowerPoint to files in other formats.
- ODP to BMP (OpenDocument Presentation File Format)
- ODP to HTML (OpenDocument Presentation File Format)
- ODP to JPG (OpenDocument Presentation File Format)
- ODP to PDF (OpenDocument Presentation File Format)
- ODP to PNG (OpenDocument Presentation File Format)
- ODP to PPT (OpenDocument Presentation File Format)
- ODP to SVG (OpenDocument Presentation File Format)
- ODP to TIFF (OpenDocument Presentation File Format)
- ODP to XPS (OpenDocument Presentation File Format)
- PowerPoint to GIF (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PowerPoint to HTML (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PowerPoint to Image (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PowerPoint to PDF (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPS to PPT (Microsoft PowerPoint Slide Show)
- PPS to PPTX (Microsoft PowerPoint Slide Show)
- PPSX to PPT (PowerPoint Open XML Slide Show)
- PPSX to PPTX (PowerPoint Open XML Slide Show)
- PPT to BMP (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to DOC Converter (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to DOCX (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to GIF (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to HTML (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to JPG (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to ODP (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to PDF (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to PNG (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to Poster Converter (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to POT (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to POTM (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to POTX (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to PPS (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to PPSM (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to PPTX (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to SVG (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to TIFF (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPT to XPS (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPTM to PPTX (Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPTX to BMP (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to DOC (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to DOCX Converter (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to GIF (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to HTML (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to JPG (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to ODP (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to PDF (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to PNG (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to PPSX (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to PPT (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to SVG (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to TIFF (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to Word Converter (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
- PPTX to XPS (PowerPoint Open XML Presentation)
Oops! An error has occurred.
Error has been reported successfully..
You have successfully reported the error, You will get the notification email when error is fixed. Click this link to visit the forums.
� Aspose Pty Ltd 2001-2022. All Rights Reserved.
PPT to DOC converter
This online document converter allows you to convert your files from PPT to DOC in high quality.
To get the best results, select all languages that your file contains.
We support a lot of different file formats like PDF, DOCX, PPTX, XLSX and many more. By using the online-convert.com conversion technology, you will get very accurate conversion results.
How to convert a PPT to a DOC file?
- Choose the PPT file you want to convert
- Change quality or size (optional)
- Click on "Start conversion" to convert your file from PPT to DOC
- Download your DOC file
To convert in the opposite direction, click here to convert from DOC to PPT :
Not convinced? Click on the following link to convert our demo file from PPT to DOC :
Rate this tool 3.2 / 5
You need to convert and download at least 1 file to provide feedback
Thank you for your vote
Convert to PPT
Convert from ppt, file format, ppt (microsoft powerpoint presentation file).
PPT is the binary file format for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 97-2007. Presentations using PowerPoint can include images, text, audio, video, charts, graphs, hyperlinks, and animation to provide presentations created for students and businesses. Mos...
DOC (Microsoft Word Binary File Format)
Utilized in PC word processing, the DOC (Document) file is most commonly associated with Microsoft Word. Originally a plain-text document, today users can insert hyperlinks, images, and change margin, alignment, and more. At its creation, DOC files ...
Specify a downloader that fits your task
PPT to DOC - Convert document online
Conversion results:, how to convert ppt to doc:.
1. Click the "Choose Files" button to select multiple files on your computer or click the "URL" button to choose an online file from URL, Google Drive or Dropbox.
2. Choose a target document format. The target document format can be PDF , DOC , DOCX , XLS , XLSX , PPT , PPTX , HTML , TXT , CSV , RTF , ODT , ODS , ODP , XPS or OXPS . A target format can only be converted from certain document formats. For example: It can convert DOC to DOCX, but it can't convert DOC to XLSX. When choosing a target format, it will list what source formats can be converted to the target format.
3. Click the "Convert Now!" button to start batch conversion. The output files will be listed in the "Conversion Results" section. Click icon to show file QR code or save file to cloud storage services such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
PPT vs DOC:
How to convert a word document to a powerpoint presentation.
You can get a great jumpstart on your next slideshow.
What you need to know, how to convert word to powerpoint on the web.
You might have converted a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document before so that you could edit it. But did you know that you can do the reverse? Take your Microsoft Word document and turn it into a Microsoft PowerPoint slideshow.
Related: How to Convert a PowerPoint to Word and Make It Editable
Maybe you want a jumpstart on creating your presentation using the text that you've saved in Word. Or maybe you've realized that your document would be better presented as a PowerPoint slideshow. With Word on the web, you can convert your document easily.
Here are a few things to keep in mind in terms of converting Microsoft Word documents to PowerPoint presentations. These points might be updated over time. The feature began rolling out in early 2021 :
- The ability to convert PowerPoint presentations is currently only available in Word for the web.
- The option is currently only available in English.
- The feature is not currently available when using Safari or Internet Explorer.
- At the time of writing, text content is available for export. If you have media content in your Word document, you'll need to add it to the PowerPoint presentation separately.
Now, if you're ready to give this feature a try, let's get to it! Head to the Microsoft Office online website, sign in to your account, and open your document in Word. You do not have to open PowerPoint in another tab or window.
Click File > Export and choose the "Export to PowerPoint Presentation" option.
You'll see a pop-up window with a collection of themes. Select the theme that you want to use and click "Export." You can change the theme in PowerPoint once it's exported if you like.
After several moments, you'll receive a notification that your newly converted presentation is ready. Click the "Open Presentation" button.
The slideshow will open in Microsoft PowerPoint for the web in a new tab.
The presentation will be saved to OneDrive automatically with the same name as your Microsoft Word document. If you haven't named your document, the slideshow will have a default name, such as Document 1. Click the name in the top-left corner and give it a new file name.
Styles like headings and bullet points should transfer as such. However, this could change depending on the theme that you select. Keep in mind that you might need to make some adjustments to the slideshow after you export it.
Check out some of our tips for making great PowerPoint presentations !
Related: 8 Tips to Make the Best PowerPoint Presentations
How to convert a Word document to a PowerPoint presentation.
Transform your Microsoft Word documents into engaging presentations with these simple steps to learn how to convert Word to PowerPoint.
Word documents are great for creating and editing, but they’re not always ideal for sharing. The best way to put your written thoughts into a shareable format is to convert your Word document to a PowerPoint online.
How to convert Word to PowerPoint in 3 steps.
Creating a captivating PowerPoint presentation from your Word document is a straightforward process that can be accomplished in just a few steps. By properly formatting your content, converting it to a PDF, and seamlessly transforming the PDF into a PowerPoint file, you can produce an engaging and visually appealing presentation.
Step 1: Format the document before you convert Word to PPT.
Before changing from a Word document to a PowerPoint presentation, it’s crucial to properly format your content for a seamless transition. By organizing your document, applying appropriate styles, and making necessary customizations, you can ensure a visually appealing and well-structured presentation. Here are the essential steps to format your document before converting it to a PowerPoint slideshow:
- Separate the Word document into sections with titles.
- Navigate to the Styles menu.
- In the document, highlight the title of your first slide or section.
- From the Styles panel, click the style named Heading 1 to apply it to the highlighted text. This style will indicate the main titles of your PowerPoint slides.
- Continue by highlighting the rest of the content on your first page.
- Select Heading 2 from the Styles panel to apply it to the highlighted text. This style is used for subtitles or content within each slide.
- Optionally, for more sub-bullets or subsections, you can use the Heading 3 style from the Styles panel.
- To create a separation between slides, add a blank line by pressing Enter or Return before each new title. This ensures that each slide is separated within the document.
- Customize your text if desired. After setting up the outline, you can modify the size, color, and font of your text. These customizations will carry over when you convert the document to PowerPoint.
Step 2: Save the Word document as a PDF.
The first step to converting a Word document to PowerPoint is to change it into a PDF. Luckily, it’s easy to convert Word to PDF right from your web browser with an online PDF editor like Adobe Acrobat online services:
- Visit the PDF editor website.
- Upload the Word document you want to convert.
- Select the file type (usually DOC or DOCX).
- Download your newly created PDF.
Unlike Word documents, PDFs maintain their formatting no matter which device you use to view them. While they might be great for sending, there’s still one more step to take if you want to make your Word document presentation-worthy.
Step 3: Convert the PDF to PPT.
Now that you saved your Word document as a more manageable file type, you can convert the document to a PowerPoint by following similar steps:
- Navigate to the PDF to PPT tool .
- Upload your PDF file.
- Download the new PPT file.
All the information in your Word document will now be in a share-friendly PowerPoint. Simply add a few images and slide transitions, and you’ll be ready for your next big presentation.
Best practices when converting Word to PPT files.
Before converting your Word document into a captivating PowerPoint presentation, it’s essential to follow best practices that will optimize your content and ensure a seamless transformation. By implementing the following guidelines, you can enhance the visual appeal and effectiveness of your presentation:
- Simplify the content . Remove excessive text and focus on key points that will enhance the visual impact of your presentation.
- Utilize headings and subheadings . Structure your document using headings and subheadings to create a clear hierarchy and aid in slide creation.
- Optimize images . Resize and compress images to reduce file size and improve the performance of your PowerPoint presentation.
- Review and edit . Thoroughly proofread your Word document before conversion, checking for any spelling or grammatical errors that may carry over into the PowerPoint presentation.
- Preserve consistency . Maintain consistent formatting throughout your document, including font styles, colors, and alignments, to create a cohesive and professional presentation.
- Test the converted presentation . After conversion, review the converted PowerPoint presentation to ensure all elements, formatting, and transitions are accurately rendered. Make any necessary adjustments or edits as needed.
After I convert Word to PPT, can I convert it back?
Yes, if you need to revert, it’s possible to convert PowerPoint to Word again, though there are some limitations. When converting from PowerPoint to Word, the content is primarily changed into a basic outline format. This means that complex formatting, images, animations, and other visual elements may not be preserved. However, if you need to extract text content or create a document with a simplified structure, converting a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document can be helpful.
Steps to convert PowerPoint to Word:
- Open the PowerPoint presentation you want to convert.
- Click the File menu and select Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, choose a name and location to save the converted Word document.
- In the “Save as type” dropdown menu, select “Rich Text Format (.rtf)” or “Plain Text (.txt)” as the file format.
- Once saved, you can open the converted file in Microsoft Word or any compatible word-processing software to access the textual content.
Note: Remember that the converted Word document will primarily consist of a basic outline format, and any complex formatting or visual elements may not be preserved.
Why convert a Word document to PowerPoint?
Transforming a Word document into a PowerPoint presentation can breathe new life into your content and captivate your audience with visually engaging elements. With many benefits and possible applications, converting a Word document to PowerPoint opens up new possibilities for effective communication.
Whether you’re a business professional, educator, or presenter, this conversion offers enhanced visual appeal, concise information delivery, and customization options to create impactful presentations. Let’s delve into why converting a Word document to PowerPoint is a valuable strategy and explore the exciting use cases that make it a powerful tool in various domains.
- Visual appeal . PowerPoint presentations offer visually engaging elements that enhance the overall aesthetic of your content.
- Concise communication . PowerPoint allows for a more concise and organized presentation of information, making it easier for your audience to understand and follow along.
- Enhanced presentation tools . PowerPoint provides a variety of tools, such as animations, transitions, and multimedia integrations, to effectively convey your message.
- Customization options . Converting a Word document to PowerPoint allows for layout, design, and formatting customization, resulting in a visually cohesive and professional presentation.
- Collaboration . PowerPoint presentations enable collaboration, allowing multiple individuals to work together, add comments, and make revisions.
- Business presentations . PowerPoint is commonly used in business settings to deliver reports, proposals, sales pitches, and project updates to stakeholders, clients, or colleagues.
- Educational purposes . Converting a Word document to PowerPoint can benefit teachers, students, or trainers who want to present complex information in an engaging and interactive format.
- Conference or seminar talks . Presenters often convert research papers or speeches from Word documents to PowerPoint presentations to captivate their audience and convey key points effectively.
- Marketing and sales . PowerPoint is a powerful tool for creating marketing presentations, product demos, or sales pitches, enabling you to showcase products or services in a visually appealing and persuasive way.
- Webinars and online courses . Converting written content into a PowerPoint presentation helps break down complex topics, deliver engaging visuals, and facilitate learning in webinars or online courses.
Discover what more you can do with Acrobat online services to get your Word documents ready to present.
Create a new presentation with Copilot for Microsoft 365 in PowerPoint
Create a presentation from a file with copilot.
With Copilot for Microsoft 365 in PowerPoint, you can create a presentation from an existing Word document. Provide Copilot in PowerPoint with the link to your Word document, and it will generate slides, apply layouts, and choose a theme for you.
Create a new presentation in PowerPoint.
Select Send . Copilot will draft a presentation for you!
Edit the presentation to suit your needs, ask Copilot to add a slide , organize your presentation, or add images.
Best practices when creating a presentation from a Word document
Leverage word styles to help copilot understand the structure of your document .
By using Styles in Word to organize your document, Copilot will better understand your document structure and how to break it up into slides of a presentation. Structure your content under Titles and Headers when appropriate and Copilot will do its best to generate a presentation for you.
Include images that are relevant to your presentation
When creating a presentation, Copilot will try to incorporate the images in your Word document. If you have images that you would like to be brought over to your presentation, be sure to include them in your Word document.
Start with your organization’s template
If your organization uses a standard template, start with this file before creating a presentation with Copilot. Starting with a template will let Copilot know that you would like to retain the presentation’s theme and design. Copilot will use existing layouts to build a presentation for you. Learn more about Making your presentations look great with Copilot in PowerPoint .
Create a new presentation with Copilot
Edit the presentation to suit your needs, ask Copilot to add a slide , or start over with a new presentation and refine your prompt to include more specifics. For example, "Create a presentation about hybrid meeting best practices that includes examples for team building.”
Create a presentation with a template
Copilot can use your existing themes and templates to create a presentation. Learn more about making your presentations look great with Copilot in PowerPoint .
Enter your prompt or select Create presentation from file to create a first draft of your presentation using your theme or template.
Welcome to Copilot in PowerPoint
Microsoft Copilot help & learning
Where can I get Microsoft Copilot?
Unleash your productivity with AI
Frequently asked questions: AI, Microsoft 365 Copilot, and Microsoft Designer
Need more help?
Want more options.
Explore subscription benefits, browse training courses, learn how to secure your device, and more.
Microsoft 365 subscription benefits
Microsoft 365 training
Communities help you ask and answer questions, give feedback, and hear from experts with rich knowledge.
Ask the Microsoft Community
Microsoft Tech Community
Microsoft 365 Insiders
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Word to PowerPoint converter
Or drag and drop files here.
Convert up to 2 GB files free, Pro users can convert up to 100 GB files; Sign up now
*Files deleted after 24 hours
Or drop your files here
Word to powerpoint converter : how to convert a word to powerpoint file online, 1. to convert a word to powerpoint, drag and drop or click our upload area to upload the file, 2. your file will go into queue, 3. our tool will automatically convert your word to powerpoint file, 4. then you click the download link to the file to save the powerpoint to your computer.
Rate this tool
1,329,222 files converted.
© 2023 Word.to | VPS.org LLC | Made by nadermx
You need more credits to be able to convert more files
- ☝ Convert as many files as you want
- ☝ Batch uploading so you can drag and drop as many files at a time instead of one by one
- ☝ Convert larger files up to 100GB
- 🚀 Have the ability to ask for extra conversion tools to be added to Word.to
Convert a PDF to PowerPoint online with just a few clicks.
Select converter:, how to convert pdf to ppt free.
- Select the PDF file you want to convert to PowerPoint.
- Our PDF to PowerPoint converter will turn your PDF into PPT in seconds.
- Download the PPT file and save it to your computer. Remaining uploaded PDF or PPT files will be deleted automatically.
The Best PDF to PPTX Converter
Our online PDF to PowerPoint converter is the best available, and you can use it free. Our easy-to-use PDF to PPT converter converts your PDF to a PowerPoint presentation in seconds, while retaining all the original formatting so you can easily edit and make changes to your PPT.
Accessible online service
If you can connect to the Internet, then you can use our free PDF to PowerPoint converter to turn PDF to PPTX or PPT on any device. Our PDF to PowerPoint converter works on any operating system.
By signing up for one of our memberships, you can get instant access to our easy-to-use PDF to PPT converter, plus our other helpful tools. Additional perks like the ability to convert multiple PDF documents, PPT or PPTX files at once and unlimited data are also available with a membership. Or, keep using our online PDF to PPTX converter for free.
We have a suite of easy-to-use tools at your disposal. It’s so much more than just a PDF to PowerPoint converter, with tools like compression, merging, splitting, and rotating PDF files to make it easy to work with PDF documents like never before.
Secure downloads and information
When you upload a PDF, PPT, or PPTX file for conversion, at the time of download, your file will be securely encrypted using 256-bit SSL Encryption. That means your data can’t be used by anyone but you. We also won’t distribute any files or information shared with us to anyone else.
Automatically deleted files
Just in case you forget to delete any files uploaded to our PDF to PowerPoint converter, we’ll keep your information safe by automatically deleting any PDF, PPT, or PPTX files.
- Faster conversions
- Unlimited conversions
- Unlimited file size
- Advanced features
Please wait or sign up to convert the next file.
You need the PRO version to use the full functionality of the PDF Converter.
- Best Video Converters
- The Best Video Downloaders for Windows
“Downloading Do Not Turn OFF The Target!” Error In Samsung
- The Best Network Monitoring Tools
- The Best TVs for Xbox Series X
‘IP address conflict’ – How To Manage & Fix
- Best Laptops Under $300
- Best Laptops Under $500
10 Alternatives to Trapcall
- Social Media
- Cut the Cord
TechJunkie is a BOX20 Media Company
Home Mobile How to Convert PowerPoint to Google Slides Without Losing Formatting
How to Convert PowerPoint to Google Slides Without Losing Formatting
What happens when you convert powerpoint files to google slides.
Ideally, you should be able to open and use PowerPoint files in Google Slides without any issues. But in some cases, the fonts, animation, text transparency, and other elements used in the slide can change during file conversion. So, it is important to note the following things when converting your PowerPoint file for use in Google Slides:
- Not all PowerPoint themes are compatible with Google Slides.
- PowerPoint and Google Slides can use GIFs so these should transfer without issues.
- Certain animations and fonts aren’t compatible with Google Slides.
- Audio from PowerPoint slides can carry over but only if they’re in .mp3 or .wav format.
- Video from PowerPoint slides will work fine in Google Slides but they should be in .webm, .mp4, .3gp, .mov, or .avi format.
- Use a custom slide size in Google Slides after converting the PowerPoint file.
How to Convert PowerPoint Files to Google Slides Without Losing Formatting
Google offers a built-in tool in Google Drive to convert PowerPoint files to Google Slides. This is your best option to keep formatting issues at bay, though there’s no guarantee you won’t run into them.
- Open Google Drive on your PC.
- Click New .
- Select File Upload .
- Upload the PowerPoint file you want to convert.
- Proceed to open it.
- Click File .
- Select Save as Google Slides .
By following the above steps, you can retain themes and certain animations during the conversion process. However, expect issues to pop up in Google Slides if the presentation uses custom or incompatible fonts, complex animations, and large audio files. In cases like these, you have to manually add or modify these elements.
It is recommended to add large video files to Google Slides after converting the file from PowerPoint format.
You can upload PowerPoint files using the same method from the Google Slides app on your Android or iPhone. But to convert it into a native Google Slides format, you must access Google Drive on the web using your PC
How to Check Formatting Issues with PowerPoint Files in Google Slides
It can be confusing to see what formatting changes were made when uploading your file to Google Slides, especially when you’re working on a large presentation. You can avoid this problem and make editing easier by checking for elements that did not transfer properly during the conversion.
- Open Google Drive.
- Open your file.
- Click .PPTX and check if there are any compatibility issues.
A list of issues, if any, will appear as shown in the image below.
From here, you can note the list of the changes you need to make and do it once the file has been converted from PowerPoint to Google Slides format.
Convert With Less Hassle
Since PowerPoint is a more powerful presentation creator than Google Slides, there could be a lot of problems when converting files from one program to the other. As much as possible, we highly recommend sticking to one program for making presentations as it will be easier to edit on your end.
If you want another helpful trick, here’s how you can add speaker notes to Google Slides to make delivering your presentation easier.
A: Yes, you can download Google Slides files to PowerPoint by picking the .PPTX format when downloading a file. You can then open this file on PowerPoint.
A: The file formats compatible with PowerPoint are .asf, .avi .mp4, .m4v, .mov .mpg or .mpeg, and .wmv.
A: No, there’s no natural way to add more fonts to Google Slides or any Google Drive tools. You can access new fonts by using extensions like Extensis Fonts.
How to Hide or Delete Your Amazon Order History
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Nov 27, 2023
Jonas is a writer with over 6 years of experience in the tech and gaming industry. He holds a bachelor's degree in Journalism from University of the East Philippines and is one of the proud leaders of the academe's Journalism Society. At heart, he's a hardcore tech junkie that loves video games, the latest gadgets, and the wonderful science behind social media and AI.
287 Articles Published
You May Like
How to duplicate a slide in google slides, ashish mohta.
Nov 5, 2023
JioCinema: How to Download Movies and TV Shows for Offline Viewing
Oct 8, 2023
How to Move Files from Box to OneDrive
Sep 28, 2023
How to Tell if Someone Read Your Message in Viber
Sep 3, 2023
How to Edit and Annotate PDFs in Google Chrome
Aug 27, 2023
How to Search Gmail for Exact Phrase
Nov 26, 2023
How to Leave or Delete a Teamspace in Notion
Nov 25, 2023
How to Change Your Name in Zoom
May 31, 2021
How To Filter By Color in Google Sheets
Jan 15, 2020
Copyright @2021 TechJunkie
File uploads FAQ
We’re adding a new capability to upload and work with different types of documents inside ChatGPT. This capability builds on our existing Advanced Data Analysis model (formerly known as Code Interpreter) to improve performance on text-rich documents including PDFs, Microsoft Word documents, and presentations.
Available now to all ChatGPT Plus and ChatGPT Enterprise users on the web at chat.openai.com, our iOS/Android mobile apps, and coming soon via API.
How does the new file uploads capability work?
The file uploads capability was created to support the following tasks:
Synthesis : Combining or analyzing information from files and documents to create something new, for example:
Upload a spreadsheet, for example a CSV, with a mix of qualitative and quantitative information, and ask ChatGPT to help you understand and visualize the data.
Compare and contrast two documents.
Analyze sentiment or tone in a document.
Analyze a spreadsheet.
Apply a framework or rubric from one document to the contents of another.
Transformation : Reshaping information from documents without changing its essence, for example:
Upload a complicated research paper and ask ChatGPT to provide a simple summary.
Upload a powerpoint presentation and ask ChatGPT for feedback on the content.
Summarize a document in simple terms.
Rewrite a short document in a particular style.
Turn a presentation into a document.
Extraction : Pulling out specific information out of a document, for example:
Upload a PDF and have ChatGPT find any references to a certain topic.
Pull out relevant quotes from a document.
Search for any mention of a particular topic from a document or spreadsheet.
Extract metadata (author, creation date, etc.) from a document.
Count the number of rows in a spreadsheet that contain a certain attribute
Extract specific sections of a document (e.g., all headings or all bullet-point lists).
What types of files are supported?
All common file extensions for text files, spreadsheets, presentations, and documents.
How many files can I upload at once per GPT?
Up to 10 files per GPT for the lifetime of that GPT. Keep in mind there are file size restrictions and usage caps per user/org.
What are those file upload size restrictions?
All files uploaded to a GPT or a ChatGPT conversation have a hard limit of 512MB per file.
All text text and document files uploaded to a GPT or to a ChatGPT conversation are capped at 2M tokens per files. This limitation does not apply to spreadsheets.
For images, there's a limit of 20MB per image.
Additionally, there are usage caps:
Each end-user is capped at 10GB.
Each organization is capped at 100GB.
Note: An error will be displayed if a user/org cap has been hit.
How do I delete files I upload?
Files uploaded to Advanced Data Analysis are deleted within 3 hours. If you are encountering your file usage cap, you can also delete files from recent chats or from any GPTs that you built, as these share caps.
Are you able to handle images embedded in docs/presentations?
Images embedded in documents/presentations (i.e. in image in the slide of a slide deck) are not supported yet. We plan to add support for this in the future.
Will OpenAI use files uploaded to train its models?
The answer depends on the service you are using. As explained in this article , we may use content submitted to ChatGPT, DALL·E, and our other services for individuals to improve model performance. Content may include files that are uploaded. Please refer to this article to understand how content may be used to improve model performance and the choices that users have.
Please note that we do not use content submitted by customers to our business offerings such as our API and ChatGPT Enterprise to improve model performance.
Please see our Enterprise Privacy page for information on how we use business data.
Enter your email address below and we'll send you password reset instructions.
- Audio Converter
- Video Converter
- Image Converter
- Document Converter
- Archive Converter
- Presentation Converter
- Font Converter
- Ebook Converter
DOC (WORD) to PPT Converter
Convert your doc files to ppt online & free.
Microsoft Word Document
Microsoft powerpoint 97/2000/xp, how to convert doc to ppt, upload doc-file(s).
Select files from Computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL or by dragging it on the page.
Choose "to ppt"
Choose ppt or any other format you need as a result (more than 200 formats supported)
Download your ppt
Let the file convert and you can download your ppt file right afterwards