Upload a screenshot and solve any math problem instantly with MathGPT!
Drag & drop an image file here, or click to select an image.
- Solve equations and inequalities
- Simplify expressions
- Factor polynomials
- Graph equations and inequalities
- Advanced solvers
- All solvers
- Scientific Notation
What can QuickMath do?
QuickMath will automatically answer the most common problems in algebra, equations and calculus faced by high-school and college students.
- The algebra section allows you to expand, factor or simplify virtually any expression you choose. It also has commands for splitting fractions into partial fractions, combining several fractions into one and cancelling common factors within a fraction.
- The equations section lets you solve an equation or system of equations. You can usually find the exact answer or, if necessary, a numerical answer to almost any accuracy you require.
- The inequalities section lets you solve an inequality or a system of inequalities for a single variable. You can also plot inequalities in two variables.
- The calculus section will carry out differentiation as well as definite and indefinite integration.
- The matrices section contains commands for the arithmetic manipulation of matrices.
- The graphs section contains commands for plotting equations and inequalities.
- The numbers section has a percentages command for explaining the most common types of percentage problems and a section for dealing with scientific notation.
- Add Fractions
- Simplify Fractions
Geogebra math solver.
Get accurate solutions and step-by-step explanations for algebra and other math problems, while enhancing your problem-solving skills!
- Natural Language
Compute expert-level answers using Wolfram’s breakthrough algorithms, knowledgebase and AI technology
- Step-by-Step Solutions
- Elementary Math
- Plotting & Graphics
- Calculus & Analysis
- Differential Equations
- More Topics »
Science & Technology ›
- Units & Measures
- Computational Sciences
- Earth Sciences
Society & Culture ›
- Arts & Media
- Dates & Times
- Words & Linguistics
- Money & Finance
- Food & Nutrition
- Political Geography
Everyday Life ›
- Personal Health
- Personal Finance
- Household Science
- Household Math
- Today's World
Enter the expression you want to evaluate.
Please ensure that your password is at least 8 characters and contains each of the following:
- a special character: @$#!%*?&
7 Best Math Solver Apps and Websites
We have already talked about math learning apps for Android and iOS before. These apps allow you to study and brush up on mathematical concepts regardless of where you are. But what do you do when you get stuck on a problem and there is no one to help you out? The answer is easy. There are tons of apps and websites that you can use to solve math problems in no time. So if you don’t want to depend on anybody, here are some of the best math solver apps and websites you can try. Let’s begin.
How to Tackle Homework with Math Solver Apps
1. mathway: scan photos, solve problems.
Mathway is the most recommended app when it comes to math problem-solving apps. It covers a large area of mathematics such as basic math, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, etc. So whether you want to solve basic square roots or word out complicated limits and derivatives, this one is the only tool you may need.
Mathway also allows you to connect with experts. You can submit your question for a fee of $5/month (one pending question at a time) or $30/month (1st plan + 20 sessions live with experts).
To start solving problems, all you have to do is select a subject area and take a photo of the question. Moreover, if you want to type in the question, you can do that with the keyboard as well. The numbers on the keyboard keep changing according to the subject of your choice. The best part is that it shows you steps to solve each problem. However, it is behind the paywall and would cost you $9.99/month. This also removes ads.
- Cover multiple areas (algebra, trigonometry, calculus, etc.)
- Supports three types of input (keyboard, camera, voice)
- Stp by step problem solving
- No sign-in required
- Ask an expert might be costly for many
Get Mathway for ( iOS | Android | Web )
2. Slader Homework Answers
If you have a lot of math questions, taking a picture or typing each problem can be a big hassle. Since most math problems are extracted out of textbooks, why not simply scroll through the questions/answers from the book itself? This app does exactly that. You can scan the barcode of a book or browse from the category of the books already solved.
In addition to high school math (pre-algebra, geometry, trigonometry) and upper-level math (differential equations, statistics, etc.), it also covers other subjects such as English, management, accounting, etc. Although the app has a large database of books, there are chances that you won’t find the book you’re looking for. Moreover, most of the advanced math books are locked. So you can only view them by upgrading to a premium plan that comes at $3.99/monthly.
- Find math solutions book-wise
- Clearly shows chapter number, page, and exercise number
- Users can rate and comment on solutions
- Very slow to load
- Tons of banner ads
- Limited database of books
- No option to scan questions
Get Slader Homework Answers for ( iOS | Android )
3. Cymath – Math Problem Solver
Cymath is similar to Mathway, however, I like it more because of a few additional features. But before that, let’s first talk about the common features. Both math solver apps allow you to capture math problems and have keyboard input as well. However, Mathway has far more sub-fields of math when compared to Cymath. I tried a few algebra questions where both performed well. However, Cymath often showed errors when I ran trigonometry questions.
In conclusion, if you want to cover a large area of subjects and want extreme accuracy, Mathway is still better.
Cymath shines in a few other aspects, for example, the history section and the ability to bookmark solutions. This comes in handy whenever you are stuck and wish to refer to an old problem. In addition, it also has a learning tab that has common references, practice questions and also discusses one problem each week. The plus version comes at $4.99/month. It removes ads, shows the step-by-step solutions, and even answer why a certain step is used (in addition to how).
- Covers most topics (algebra, calculus, graphing)
- Clean interface (easy to browser)
- Supports image and keyboard input
- History and bookmark option
- Stumbles a bit on accuracy
- Not as comprehensive as Mathway
Get Cymath – Math Problem Solver for ( iOS | Android )
4. Geometry solver ² lite
Most math solver apps don’t deal with geometry, but here is an app that does it well. So the next time you struggle to find the area of a figure or you cannot recall a specific formula, you know where to look. You can easily toggle between 2D or 3D figures from the sidebar. Moreover, all the figures are given in a listicle form along with a line diagram for easy understanding.
The calculation is also extremely easy. All you have to do is add the variables and the app will show you all the results live as you change these variables in real-time. In case you do not want to rely on the auto-calculation feature, it shows all the formulae in the same tab for quick reference as well. While all the formulas are free, the calculator for several figures is locked. On the plus side, you can simply watch a 15 seconds video ad to unlock them. If you do not wish to see ads, you have the option to remove ads and unlock all figures by paying a $3.99/one-time fee.
- 2D ad 3D figure section
- Auto-calculator with variables
- Lists all the formulas (area, perimeter, centroid, etc.)
- Purely a geometry app
Get Geometry solver ² lite for ( iOS | Android )
5. Google Lens (Homework)
Did you know you can use the Google Search app to solve math problems? Very few people know about it and I’m sure even less actually use it. In order to use this feature, you must have the Google Search app installed. Simply tap on the camera icon and select the Homework option from the bottom. Now all you have to do is point the camera towards the question and adjust the frame accordingly.
If the app can scan the question successfully, you’ll get a preview for the same. If it’s not accurate you have the option to edit the question. You can also view the solution step-wise. Google also has another problem-solving app Socratic ( iOS , Android ) that covers all subjects. You can try that as well however it doesn’t allow you to upload questions from your gallery. Hence when your friends send you a problem on WhatsApp, using the Google Search app is a better solution.
- Shows step by step solution
- Allows you to edit the question
- See similar questions/concepts with Google search results
- Not a dedicated math solver app
- Might not work for advance math
Get Google Search App for ( iOS | Android )
If you prefer using a PC over the phone to study, you should check QuickMath’s website. The website isn’t fancy but easily solves basic math problems. Similar to the math solver apps we have discussed above, it solves math problems automatically. Whether you are in school or college, it covers a vast array of subjects. You can solve simple equations, algebra, calculus, percentage problems, etc.
The website is easy to browse and all the options are well laid out. You can click on the type of question from the side or top bar. Once you scroll down, you can also view a step-by-step solution for any given problem. In addition to that, it also provides a brief explanation for each step.
- Easy to switch between types of questions
- Solves both basic and advanced math problems
- Features help and tutorial section
- Step by step explanation
- No option to upload questions
- On-screen keyboard is a flimsy way to type (personal choice)
Get QuickMatch for ( iOS | Android | Web )
Wolfram is often called a search engine for solving problems. Unlike Google which heavily relies on search results, Wolfram uses deep computational power (extremely sourced and curated data) to solve mathematical equations and has a vast variety of areas it deals with. You can solve problems related to elementary math, algebra, calculus geometry, etc. To begin, type the question, upload a picture, even just paste a link containing the question.
Wolfram Alpha will likely solve all your problems. The only hiccup is that a lot of great features are exclusive to the pro version which comes at $5.59/monthly. This not only unlocks step-by-step solutions but also adds useful features like practice problems, guided calculators (finance, nutrition, etc), option to download results, etc. If you are a student, I highly recommend you try this. It’s a great factual resource not only for solving maths but other subjects such as chemistry, engineering, economics, stats, etc. too.
- Solutions based on factual data
- Covers most subject besides mathematics
- Useful features behind the paywall (step-by-step solution, download results, etc.)
Closing Remarks: Which Math Solver Apps Should You Choose
In my opinion, Mathway is the perfect app, to begin with. It deals with most of the problems in addition to being accurate. You can type, use voice command and even capture questions to find answers. If you’re on PC, try the QuickMath website which will work in most cases.
Also Read: 19 Best Math Game Apps for Android and iOS
Vaibhav is a broadcast journalist with a keen interest in tech. He doesn't believe in fanboying a specific product. He writes about things he believes are actually helpful in some way to the user.
You may also like
10 fixes for amazon fire tv stick stuck..., why am i getting notifications when someone posts..., top 7 fixes for too many attempts error..., how to create and share stickers on whatsapp, what do various icons and symbols mean in..., 7 fixes for tiktok not showing comments on..., how to edit sent messages on instagram, how to delete saved passwords from google chrome, 7 fixes for apple music not working on..., how to convert videos to animation using ai....
8 Free Math Problem Solving Websites and Applications
Learning Resources Minute Math Electronic Flash Card
Are you struggling with math problems and looking for a way to improve your math problem-solving skills? Look no further because these 8 free math problem-solving websites and applications will give you a detailed solution to any math problem! Whether you’re a student, educator, or just someone who wants to sharpen their math skills, these resources offer a wealth of interactive tools and exercises to help you master everything from basic arithmetic to advanced calculus.
6 Websites Offering Free Math Worksheets for All Levels
Not only are these websites and applications easy to use, but they also provide a fun and engaging way to learn and practice math. With some of these tools you can even ask math questions and get answers for free. Whether you are a teacher or a student, now you can avail online math problem-solving websites and smartphone applications to get the step-by-step answer to a complex problem. Teachers can even use these tools to develop math quizzes. With interactive games, video tutorials, and real-world examples, you’ll be able to put your math knowledge to the test and see real results in no time.
So what are you waiting for? Check out these 8 free math problem-solving websites and applications and start boosting your math skills today!
More Articles from Educationise
Top 10 Websites that Teach Math Through Games
9 Must-Have AI Tools for Teachers to Create Interactive Learning Materials
- Unlocking the Key to Student Motivation: 10 Strategies for Motivating the Students to Learn
- The Latest in EdTech: 5 Innovative Tools and Technologies for the Classroom
In this article, we have compiled a list of 8 such resources that offer interactive tools and expert guidance to help you master math problem-solving and achieve success.
Mathway calculator is a smart math problem solver which gives you a step by step solution to a math problem. Just type your question and press enter to reveal a detailed answer to your math problem. This intelligent math problem solver, simplifies the process with step by step solutions. All it takes is a question input, and upon hitting enter, you unlock a detailed answer. This powerful tool is your key to conquering math challenges efficiently.
It is a smartphone application which is also known as a camera calculator. All you have to do is take a picture of a math problem and upload it. This math app will scan the problem, solve it, and will display a detailed solution on your screen. Photomath, the renowned camera calculator app, makes math effortless. Snap a photo of your math problem, upload it, and watch as this math app scans, solves, and displays a comprehensive solution.
MathShark Electronic Math Game for Kids
The application efficiently scans, computes, and presents you with a meticulous, step-by-step solution, answering the ever-persistent question: “What is the answer to this math problem?” It’s a seamless way to navigate the world of mathematics, placing the solution at your fingertips.
3. Microsoft Math Solver
From algebra and trigonometry to statistics and calculus, Microsoft math solver provides you a free platform where you can not only get detailed solutions to your questions, but also other supporting materials such as interactive graphs, relevant practice problems, and online videos.
Texas Instruments Best Seller Calculator
In addition to detailed answers, it equips you with valuable resources like interactive graphs, pertinent practice problems, and instructive online videos. It’s your gateway to a richer mathematical learning experience, combining the power of answers with educational support.
Cymath is a free application that gives a step by step solution to any math problem. This app does not give you the final answer only, rather the whole solution is broken down into steps for your understanding.
This math problem solver with steps empowers you to tackle math problems with ease, no matter where you are. Simply input your math problem, and let Cymath work its magic, providing you with a detailed solution broken down into manageable steps. No more math conundrums – Cymath has got your back!
This math application that allows you to take a picture of a math problem, solves it intuitively, and displays answer on the screen. This app provides solutions to many math problems ranging from algebra to calculus. The best thing about this app is that it can recognize handwritten math problems too. Isn’t that cool?
Unlock the magic of having your own on-the-go math tutor available at your fingertips! With this revolutionary solution, you’ll never be left struggling with a math problem again. Simply snap a picture of the math problem you’re facing, and voila! You’ll receive a personalized step by step answer to a math problem along with a thorough explanation. It’s like having a math genius in your pocket, ready to assist you at any moment.
6. Quick Math
QuickMath is a popular website that provides users with a variety of tools and resources to help them solve mathematical problems quickly and efficiently. From basic arithmetic to advanced calculus, QuickMath offers step-by-step solutions, interactive calculators , and practice exercises to assist users in mastering mathematical concepts.
Whether you’re a student looking for homework help or a professional needing to solve complex equations, QuickMath.com is a valuable online resource for all levels of mathematical proficiency.
Here is another amazing website that answers math problems. Symbolab is an online website that gives you detailed solutions to any math problem related to algebra, trigonometry, and calculus. It is an incredible online math solver that offers comprehensive solutions to a wide range of math problems.
Whether you’re a student seeking math homework help or an individual looking for math assistance, Symbolab is your go-to resource. This math help platform provides step-by-step answers and thorough explanations, making it easier for you to grasp complex math concepts. Say goodbye to math-related stress and hello to seamless problem-solving with Symbolab!
8. Chegg Math Solver
It gives you full-time access to an online math calculator or math solver where you can type any math question and get a detailed explanation along with the final answer. Chegg Math Solver is an invaluable step-by-step math problem solver and calculator designed to enhance your comprehension of mathematical concepts.
With its instantaneous solutions, it empowers users to conquer problems in subjects like Pre-Calculus and beyond, making math learning more accessible and engaging.
Read our article: The Future of Education: 8 Predictions for the Next Decade
2 thoughts on “ 8 free math problem solving websites and applications ”.
- Pingback: 11 Activities That Promote Critical Thinking In The Class - Educationise
- Pingback: 30 Examples of Bloom's Taxonomy Learning Objectives For Teachers - Educationise
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Discover more from educationise.
Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.
Type your email…
AI Math Problem Solver
Instant step by step answers to your math homework problems. Improve your math grades today with unlimited math solutions. Try for Free
Top organizations trust our math lessons and content
5 Million Students Helped Each Year
Interactive Mathematics helps over 5 Million students each year, who use our free lessons to help get ahead in math. We've taken that expertise and paired it with AI to provide a free to try AI math problem solver and math tutoring chat platform.
Math Problems, meet Math Solutions.
We've combined a powerful mathematical computational engine with large language model artificial intelligence to create a state of the art math problem solver and AI math calculator. More accurate than ChatGPT, more powerful than a math calculator, and faster than a math tutor! Whether it's a tough word problem, algebra equation or advanced calculus, our AI math problem solver and calculator can solve it.
Math Word Problem Solver
Math calculators and online math solver apps aren't built to handle math word problems. We've fixed that! Our solver can interpret math word problems and determine what mathematical operations needs to be used to solve the problem.
Stuck on a hard math homework problem? Upload a picture of your math problem or enter it and immediately get a step-by-step solution to your math problems.
Get Math Help, 24/7
Studying for a big math test or quiz? Stuck on a difficult math homework problem in the middle of the night? Sign up and stop stressing and start improving your math grades!
AI Math Calculator + Bonuses!
We want to remove the costs getting in the way of academic success for every student! We've partnered with leading academic businesses to give you up to $1085 in exclusive discounts and free services when you sign up. You won't find these anywhere else.
SAT/ACT Prep Course
65% off on prep courses to help add 100 points to your SAT score or 4+ points to your ACT.
Get a free college admissions and financial aid counseling session provided by one of the nations premier college advising companies.
College Essay Services
Free college admissions essay course plus discounts on professional essay proof reading and editing.
Get $80+ off on new, used and electronic textbooks for sale or rent. Never over pay for textbooks again.
Resume Review Services
Get a free resume review ($100 value) and be ready for the next step after graduation and stand out from the crowd to secure the job you want.
Student Loan Counseling
Get $100 off a student loan counseling session to help you get on the path to lower monthly payments, overall savings of $100k or more and a paperwork free future.
Unlimited Math Solutions plus so much more
Do you want better math grades? Do you want to stop stressing over hard math problems? Stop waiting, sign up now and in addition to our AI Math Problem Solver, we'll include free and exclusive discounts on courses, textbooks, and academic services valued at $1085.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the math solver help me improve my grades (yes).
Now, we can't guarantee you'll get better grades, since the AI Math Solver is only half of the success equation, but the majority of students who use the application report full letter grade improvements in their grades. Most see improvements in their homework grades immediately.
How long does it take to get an answer to my math problem?
Our application is available 24/7 and will start working on a solutions immediately after you send it. The time it takes to solve each problem is dependant on the complexity of the problem. The application will post a step by step solution.
Can I really ask unlimited questions?
How is this app different from your tutoring service.
The AI Math Solver is FREE to try and powered by our proprietary mathematical computation engine and AI while our Tutoring service enables students to chat with professional (human) math tutors.
Can it answer Physics questions?
Yes, the AI has been trainined on physics concepts and problems. However if it can't answer a question, then we recommend subscribing to our Tutoring service to connect with a physics tutor.
Will it work on my phone?
Yes, the application is optimized for mobile and tablet, no need to download another app onto your phone. An internet connection is required.
Can I submit a picture of my math problem?
Yes, simply tap or click the carmera icon next to the Solve button in the application then select the image or if you're on your phone open your camera to immediately take a picture of your math problem.
The application can interpret most handwritten or typed math problems.
Is it free to use?
Yes, it's free to try! You can ask 3 questions for free before reaching the free question limit.
Which math subjects are covered?
The AI LLM has been trained on a large array of mathematical subjects including, but not limited to Basic Algebra, Advanced Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Advanced Calculus, Physics and much more.
Can it Solve Basic Math Problems?
Yep! The AI LLM has been trained on a large array of mathematical subjects including, but not limited to Basic Algebra, Advanced Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Advanced Calculus, Physics and much more.
How do I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your subscription very easily in several ways.
1) Login, go to the Manage Account tab, then click the Cancel Plan button.
2) Click the cancel plan link in your sign up email.
3) If you can't find it or no longer have it, just send us an email at [email protected] and we'd be happy to assist you.
Can I change my subscription?
Yes you certainly can! You can change your subscription by accessing the Manage Account page within the application or using the link provided in your sign up email. If you can't find it or no longer have it, just send us an email at [email protected] or ask your tutor for assistance they will be happy to assist.
How much does it cost?
You can view the price of our subscription packages here . We're also providing freebies and exclusive deals from our large network of high quality partners. We obsess over the details to ensure you get 10x more value than the price tag!
Can it Solve Calculus Math Problems?
Can it solve geometry math problems.
P.S. We're currently working to enable in app graphing to accompany solutions.
Can it solve Trigonometric Functions?
Can it solve simple equations math problems.
Yep! The AI LLM has been trained on a large array of mathematical problems and subjects including, but not limited to Basic Algebra, Advanced Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Advanced Calculus, Physics and much more.
Can it solve any math problems and equations?
How do i get math solutions.
Simply upload an image of your math problem or enter it and click Solve. Our AI math problem solving calculator will provide a step by step solution to the problem with the answer.
Can it solve word problems?
Yes! Our AI math word problem solver will provide a step by step solution and answer to any word problem.
How do you find the answers to math word problems?
Step by step solutions and answers to any word problem or equations can be found in the chat window indicated in blue text bubbles.
Meet our funky new math teacher - an AI-powered whiz kid! From algebra to geometry, there's no problem too big for our digital Einstein. So buckle up and get ready to enjoy a wild math ride with the coolest teacher in town!
Chat history editing options:, explore different ai chat modes:, what is genius mode.
It is an enhanced version of AI Chat that provides more knowledge, fewer errors, improved reasoning skills, better verbal fluidity, and an overall superior performance. Due to the larger AI model, Genius Mode is only available via subscription to DeepAI Pro. However, the added benefits often make it a worthwhile investment.
What is Online Mode?
It is an add on that enables AI Chat to browse the web for real-time information. It is a great way to learn new things and explore new topics. Sign in to your DeepAI account (no subscription required!) to gain access to this feature.
Learn more about Math AI:
Please sign up or login with your details
AI Generator calls
AI Chat messages
Genius Mode messages
Genius Mode images
- Includes 500 AI Image generations, 1750 AI Chat Messages, 60 Genius Mode Messages and 60 Genius Mode Images per month. If you go over any of these limits, you will be charged an extra $5 for that group.
- For example: if you go over 500 AI images, but stay within the limits for AI Chat and Genius Mode, you'll be charged $5 per additional 500 AI Image generations.
- Includes 100 AI Image generations and 300 AI Chat Messages. If you go over any of these limits, you will have to pay as you go.
- For example: if you go over 100 AI images, but stay within the limits for AI Chat, you'll have to reload on credits to generate more images. Choose from $5 - $1000. You'll only pay for what you use.
Out of credits
Refill your membership to continue using DeepAI
Math Helper: Problems Solver 4+
Quick solve algebra problem, erdem kalaycioglu, designed for ipad.
- Offers In-App Purchases
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Do your homework $3.99
- AI assistant $3.99
- App Support
- Pre Algebra Order of Operations Factors & Primes Fractions Long Arithmetic Decimals Exponents & Radicals Ratios & Proportions Percent Modulo Number Line Mean, Median & Mode
- Algebra Equations Inequalities System of Equations System of Inequalities Basic Operations Algebraic Properties Partial Fractions Polynomials Rational Expressions Sequences Power Sums Interval Notation Pi (Product) Notation Induction Logical Sets Word Problems
- Pre Calculus Equations Inequalities Scientific Calculator Scientific Notation Arithmetics Complex Numbers Polar/Cartesian Simultaneous Equations System of Inequalities Polynomials Rationales Functions Arithmetic & Comp. Coordinate Geometry Plane Geometry Solid Geometry Conic Sections Trigonometry
- Calculus Derivatives Derivative Applications Limits Integrals Integral Applications Integral Approximation Series ODE Multivariable Calculus Laplace Transform Taylor/Maclaurin Series Fourier Series Fourier Transform
- Functions Line Equations Functions Arithmetic & Comp. Conic Sections Transformation
- Linear Algebra Matrices Vectors
- Trigonometry Identities Proving Identities Trig Equations Trig Inequalities Evaluate Functions Simplify
- Statistics Mean Geometric Mean Quadratic Mean Average Median Mode Order Minimum Maximum Probability Mid-Range Range Standard Deviation Variance Lower Quartile Upper Quartile Interquartile Range Midhinge Standard Normal Distribution
- Physics Mechanics
- Chemistry Chemical Reactions Chemical Properties
- Finance Simple Interest Compound Interest Present Value Future Value
- Economics Point of Diminishing Return
- Conversions Roman Numerals Radical to Exponent Exponent to Radical To Fraction To Decimal To Mixed Number To Improper Fraction Radians to Degrees Degrees to Radians Hexadecimal Scientific Notation Distance Weight Time
- Pre Algebra
- Pre Calculus
- Linear Algebra
- Geometric Mean
- Quadratic Mean
- Standard Deviation
- Lower Quartile
- Upper Quartile
- Interquartile Range
- Standard Normal Distribution
Most Used Actions
- What is the best calculator for statistics?
- Symbolab offers an online calculator specifically for statistics that can perform a wide range of calculations, including standard deviation, variance, range and normal distribution. It also provides detailed step-by-step solutions.
- What is statistics?
- Statistics is the branch of mathematics that deals with the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data. There are two main branches of statistics: descriptive statistics, and inferential statistics.
- What is descriptive statistics?
- Descriptive statistics is a branch of statistics that deals with summarizing, organizing and describing data. Descriptive statistics uses measures such as central tendency (mean, median, and mode) and measures of variability (range, standard deviation, variance) to give an overview of the data.
- What is inferential statistics?
- Inferential statistics is a branch of statistics that deals with making predictions and inferences about a population based on a sample of data. Inferential statistics uses probability theory and statistical models to make predictions and inferences about a population.
- What is the difference between statistics and probability?
- Statistics is the branch of mathematics dealing with the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data, while probability is the branch of mathematics dealing with the likelihood of occurrence of different events.
- Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics Statistics is about analyzing data, for instance the mean is commonly used to measure the “central tendency” of... Read More
Please add a message.
Message received. Thanks for the feedback.