Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- Word Problems
- Addition & subtraction of decimals
Download & Print Only $5.90
Adding & subtracting decimals word problems
Word problem worksheets: adding and subtracting decimals.
Below are three versions of our grade 4 math worksheet with word problems involving the addition and subtraction of simple one-digit decimals. Some questions may i) have 3 terms, ii) involve comparisons or iii) require conversions of fractions with a denominator of 10 or 100. These worksheets are pdf files .
These worksheets are available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
More word problem worksheets
Explore all of our math word problem worksheets , from kindergarten through grade 5.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
- Forgot Password?
The home of mathematics education in New Zealand.
- Forgot password ?
Solve problems that involve adding and subtracting decimals.
Adding in Parts
- Solve addition problems with whole numbers by adding in parts.
- Solve addition problems with decimnal numbers by adding in parts.
- Use equal addition strategies to insert numbers to balance addition equations.
- Use equal addition strategies to insert numbers and letter symbols to balance300
Adding with Decimal Fractions
Addition/subtraction strategies, back to the present.
divide numbers by 10
add decimal numbers
find fractions of money amounts
add money amounts
Comparing Chalk and Cheese
convert unlike units in order to add and subtract them
Compatible decimal fractions
Use compatible numbers to solve addition problems with decimal fractions (tenths) (Exercises 1-5) Use compatible numbers to solve subtraction problems with decimal fractions (tenths) (Exercise 6)
find fractions of time
calculate average speed
Dallying with Decimals
add and subtract decimals
Decimal Fraction Buddies
find decimal addition pairs
Decimal Fractions – Tenths
Solve addition and subtraction problems involving decimal tenths.
Solve subtraction problems using equal additions
Expanding with Decimals
show understanding of decimal place value
use rounding to estimate a multiplication problem
finda percentage of a decimal number
order decimals to 3 decimal places
Going for Gold!
order decimals to 3 decimal places
add and subtract decimal numbers
Having fun with the vertical algorithm
How can two decimals so ugly make one so beautiful, jumping the number line – decimal fractions (hundredths).
Using jumping the number line strategy to add decimal fractions (tenths and hundredths).
Pipe music with decimals
- Place value for decimals
- Addition of decimals using place value
Pipe Music with Decimals
Identify and order decimals to three places.
Place Value Practice (Tenths and Hundredths)
- Write a decimal involving hundredths in expanded form, and vice versa.
- Shade decimal fractions.
- Identify digits in the hundredths column.
- Convert improper fractions involving hundredths to both a mixed number and a decimal.
- Add and subtract a hundredth from a number.
- Read a number line300
Riding the Waves
add decimals of one decimal place
Strategic Solving Part II
solve linear equations with decimal fractions use appropriate forms of the equation to solve for x.
- Schools directory
- Resources Jobs Schools directory News Search
Addition and subtraction of decimals
Age range: 7-11
Resource type: Worksheet/Activity
10 March 2023
- Share through email
- Share through twitter
- Share through linkedin
- Share through facebook
- Share through pinterest
Creative Commons "Sharealike"
Your rating is required to reflect your happiness.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Empty reply does not make any sense for the end user
Thank you. This resource was much needed
Report this resource to let us know if it violates our terms and conditions. Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.
Not quite what you were looking for? Search by keyword to find the right resource:
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition and Subtraction of Decimals
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction of decimals. Read the questions carefully to add or subtract the decimals as required.
1. Tania bought a book for $152.75, a pen for $45.25 and a chocolate for $28.75. What amount did she spend?
2. Nancy bought biscuits for $51.25. She gave a $100 note to the shopkeeper. How much dis she get back from the shopkeeper?
3. Mary had $305.80 in her bank account. She deposited $250.25 more and then withdrew $317.50 from her account. What is the balance now in her account?
4. Mike wants to buy a Physics book costing $600. He has $475.25 only in his purse. How much more money does he need to purchase the book?
5. Ron purchased a bag for $134.60, a book for $328.23 and a tie for $80.55. How much is left with him if he had $600 in all?
6. The difference of two decimals are 68.09. The smaller one is 353.48. Find the other one.
7. The sum of three decimals are 938.629. Two of them are 456.54 and 392.69. Find the third one.
8. Rachel had $739.68. She gave $235.09 to Jessica, $345.45 to Rebecca and the remaining money to Sara. How much did she give to Sara?
9. Jaclyn weighs 27.14 kg, Mary weighs 31.37 kg and Jenny weighs 28.38 kg. What is their total weight?
10. Kate travelled 320.25 km and Maya travelled 236.38 km. Who travelled more and by what distance?
11. Jack has lost $145.50 in a market. He is now left with $95.75. How much did he have?
12. Noor had $350.50. She bought jeans for $264.50 and a shirt for $65.75. How much did she have after pay?
13. Sam bought a pair of shirts for $205.75, a pant for $225.25 and a coat for $1225.20. What was the total cost of all the three items?
14. The sum of two decimals are 138.28. One of them is $68.42. Find the other one.
15. Jenifer had $178.50 with her. She has spent $138.85. How much money does she have now?
Answers for the worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction of decimals are given below.
8. $ 159.14
9. 86.89 kg
10. Kate 83.87 km
4th Grade Math Activities
From Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition and Subtraction of Decimals to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math . Use this Google Search to find what you need.
- Preschool Activities
- Kindergarten Math
- 1st Grade Math
- 2nd Grade Math
- 3rd Grade Math
- 4th Grade Math
- 5th Grade Math
- 6th Grade Math
- 7th Grade Math
- 8th Grade Math
- 9th Grade Math
- 10th Grade Math
- 11 & 12 Grade Math
- Concepts of Sets
- Boolean Algebra
- Math Coloring Pages
- Multiplication Table
- Cool Maths Games
- Math Flash Cards
- Online Math Quiz
- Math Puzzles
- Binary System
- Math Dictionary
- Conversion Chart
- Homework Sheets
- Math Problem Ans
- Free Math Answers
- Printable Math Sheet
- Funny Math Answers
- Employment Test
- Math Patterns
- Link Partners
Cardinal Numbers and Ordinal Numbers | Cardinal Numbers | Ordinal Num
Dec 07, 23 05:28 PM
Smallest and Greatest Number upto 10 | Greater than | Less than | Math
Dec 06, 23 11:21 PM
2nd grade math Worksheets | Free Math Worksheets | By Grade and Topic
Dec 06, 23 01:47 PM
© and ™ math-only-math.com. All Rights Reserved. 2010 - 2023.
If you're seeing this message, it means we're having trouble loading external resources on our website.
If you're behind a web filter, please make sure that the domains *.kastatic.org and *.kasandbox.org are unblocked.
Course: 6th grade > Unit 2
- Adding decimals word problem
- Adding & subtracting decimals word problem
Adding & subtracting decimals word problems
- Your answer should be
- an integer, like 6
- a simplified proper fraction, like 3 / 5
- a simplified improper fraction, like 7 / 4
- a mixed number, like 1 3 / 4
- an exact decimal, like 0.75
- a multiple of pi, like 12 pi or 2 / 3 pi